Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
White bronco roars up next to the camera, pulling to a stop with the engine running. Sirens, faintly.

"Need to get away for the weekend, or even just away? Try the 2021 Ford Bronco, with all new "fit or acquit" seating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Wheeee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqwm9na8gRc

Have a bunch of overwrought video editing of the 2021 Supra.

Love that it's such a huge 'gently caress you' to all the buyers of the first year model lol

I watched this one skipping back and forth wondering why both engines sounded like poo poo, then he mentioned the fake engine noise :v:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
does the supra still do that thing where if you brake hard or let off the gas suddenly it feels like you are about to go sideways

I test drove one and thought i was going to wreck it because the tail started wiggling when pulled off the gas after merging on an on-ramp. You also cant feel poo poo thru the seat

then again it IS a bmw wakka wakka wakka

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lift off oversteer is still possible in a lot of rwd vehicles

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

redgubbinz posted:

I watched this one skipping back and forth wondering why both engines sounded like poo poo, then he mentioned the fake engine noise :v:

fake engine noise and no manual. They say right in it the Supra isn't a track car, so then why no manual transmission option? If the whole point of the vehicle is to feel engaged then I totally understand the title of the video. It's to ~feel good~ and driving around a BMW with a Supra badge stuck on just feels not worth it, 50k or no.

Rather spend 50k on an MK4 Supra and end up ahead in another 10 years with real deal Toyota authenticity and engine noises and value appreciation. And enjoy wagglin' the stick the whole time.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Mmmmm.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

KakerMix posted:

fake engine noise and no manual. They say right in it the Supra isn't a track car, so then why no manual transmission option? If the whole point of the vehicle is to feel engaged then I totally understand the title of the video. It's to ~feel good~ and driving around a BMW with a Supra badge stuck on just feels not worth it, 50k or no.

Rather spend 50k on an MK4 Supra and end up ahead in another 10 years with real deal Toyota authenticity and engine noises and value appreciation. And enjoy wagglin' the stick the whole time.

Manual in 2022 or 2023 just wait. They need to stretch out the life cycle of this thing for as long as possible.

Also lol at no one giving a poo poo about the Lexus IS refresh (I think it's fine).

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Also Genesis G70 wagon coming. Hope internet commenters put their money where their mouth is. Genesis deserves a win for attempting this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

BraveUlysses posted:

lift off oversteer is still possible in a lot of rwd vehicles

idk I think the closest tail happy rwd vehicles I've driven sans my old ND (does this count it has 155 horsepower) were like a c7 and a gt350 and those never got unsettled going in a straight line

haven't driven an old live axle car before, maybe if I had it wouldn't have spooked me so much lol

sometimes I wonder if wheel designers since like 2012 or so havent just been doing insane amounts of blow. WHAT ARE THOSE

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

smooth jazz posted:

Also Genesis G70 wagon coming. Hope internet commenters put their money where their mouth is. Genesis deserves a win for attempting this.

They never do. They’ll make excuses about why they won’t buy it because of 1 little thing they don’t like or make comments about wanting to buy/can only afford it used in 5 years.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scionix posted:

does the supra still do that thing where if you brake hard or let off the gas suddenly it feels like you are about to go sideways

Ooooooh nice!. That's a good thing! Means it responds to proper weight shift driving :D

quote:

You also cant feel poo poo thru the seat

Oh. Well that sucks

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ooooooh nice!. That's a good thing! Means it responds to proper weight shift driving :D

I track my car pretty frequently and the supra's tail is....interesting. It's less liftoff oversteer and more suspension funkiness, like if you go over bumps in a straight line with speed the tail will wag the car, it's very weird. I dunno maybe some people like it? Tail happy cars are fun but it didn't feel very predictable or controllable idk

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

smooth jazz posted:

gently caress yes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

skipdogg posted:

They never do. They’ll make excuses about why they won’t buy it because of 1 little thing they don’t like or make comments about wanting to buy/can only afford it used in 5 years.

The new purity test I've seen is "I heard Kia dealerships are terrible, I'll pass".

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Sounds pretty interesting, 5.0 with a bit more power plus the tremek 6 speed and most of the suspension goodies from the gt350 (and the white cue ball shifter from the Bullitt :v: ). Still hard for me to pass up the 5.2 voodoo in the gt350 though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Sounds pretty interesting, 5.0 with a bit more power plus the tremek 6 speed and most of the suspension goodies from the gt350 (and the white cue ball shifter from the Bullitt :v: ). Still hard for me to pass up the 5.2 voodoo in the gt350 though.

Last time I saw a 350, it had just left a 500 foot long oil slick in the esses at Watkins Glen. Cool engine, but I don't trust them to not grenade themselves.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I was curious how the Mach 1 would shake out. GT350 with the Bullitt engine and a few GT500 goodies (rear toe-link, differential cooler, rear diffuser, plus bspoiler if you get the Handling package) isn't half bad. And it's the first "special" Mustang above the GT to offer an automatic in a while.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It also gets the better manual, if that's your thing. I'd definitely get a Mach 1 over a GT.

KillHour posted:

Last time I saw a 350, it had just left a 500 foot long oil slick in the esses at Watkins Glen. Cool engine, but I don't trust them to not grenade themselves.

Dang, have they gotten a reputation already? I know there's at least a couple here. Hard to get over such a high revving V8, I want it bad.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

angryrobots posted:

It also gets the better manual, if that's your thing. I'd definitely get a Mach 1 over a GT.

Would definitely be my preference. The fact it keeps the GT350s better transmission (and the trans cooler) is a big plus. Ford basically made my vision of the perfect current gen Mustang.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

angryrobots posted:

Dang, have they gotten a reputation already? I know there's at least a couple here. Hard to get over such a high revving V8, I want it bad.

I think it's got a rep for oil consumption?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

skipdogg posted:

“You know, that’s awfully expensive. I could get an E-class wagon for not much more.”

*buys neither, mods his 2003 Focus SVT*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Scionix posted:

I track my car pretty frequently and the supra's tail is....interesting. It's less liftoff oversteer and more suspension funkiness, like if you go over bumps in a straight line with speed the tail will wag the car, it's very weird. I dunno maybe some people like it? Tail happy cars are fun but it didn't feel very predictable or controllable idk

I think savagegeese said that was addressed in the new model? Also that a manual will be next so once they iron out all the wrinkles the Supra will be a really good car, I don’t know what the pricing for the 4cyl will be but when it’s available with a manual that sounds like the ideal package.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

The new purity test I've seen is "I heard Kia dealerships are terrible, I'll pass".

As a current Kia owner who only goes to the dealer for recall work, I agree.

IMO the G70 is a nicer package both inside and out, and in the ownership experience, but you give up the Stinger's cargo area for that.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I think savagegeese said that was addressed in the new model? Also that a manual will be next so once they iron out all the wrinkles the Supra will be a really good car, I don’t know what the pricing for the 4cyl will be but when it’s available with a manual that sounds like the ideal package.

The problem with the 4-cylinder Supra is that it starts at $44K. You can walk into a Chevy or Ford dealer today and buy a Camaro SS 1LE, or a Mustang GT PP1 with a manual for that price.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
G70 wagon vs Audi A4 Allroad and Volvo V60/V60CC should be interesting.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

smooth jazz posted:

I'll probably actually buy one, probably second year out. I've been thinking of replacing my Mazda in a couple of years, and I've been wanting a more luxurious car with a hatch that's preferably rwd. I was pretty sure I was just going to get a stinger, but I was pretty taken with the new G70 anyway.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

G70 wagon vs Audi A4 Allroad and Volvo V60/V60CC should be interesting.

Unfortunately I feel that in the US, the hearts and minds of these people have already been captured by the Subaru Outback Touring XT

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I was gonna say that the Outback is more of a budget option however I just priced out an XT Touring and it costs over 40 thousand American dollars :wtc: you can get an allroad for 44k.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Q_res posted:

I was curious how the Mach 1 would shake out.
:mad: Not good where the shaker hood at??

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

Unfortunately I feel that in the US, the hearts and minds of these people have already been captured by the Subaru Outback Touring XT

I feel like Hyundai's plan here is "let's make all the cars car people claim to want but nobody will make and they'll HAVE to love us" without realizing why nobody makes them.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I was gonna say that the Outback is more of a budget option however I just priced out an XT Touring and it costs over 40 thousand American dollars :wtc: you can get an allroad for 44k.

I mean... 10% less for a fully optioned out model vs base doesn't seem all that bad to me.

$40k for a car is nothing now, that was only $30k back in 2005 and the Outback XT was $33k back then.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

I think it's got a rep for oil consumption?

I'm pretty sure there's a good number that grenade the engine at a low mileage range too.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
That Genesis wagon is dead sexy, I'm excited about it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I mean... 10% less for a fully optioned out model vs base doesn't seem all that bad to me.

$40k for a car is nothing now, that was only $30k back in 2005 and the Outback XT was $33k back then.

can't wait to get that OEM nav system

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Godzilla07 posted:

I test drove one of these literally yesterday. What an appliance of a car.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

And we test drove the A4/A6 last weekend! The 40k Outback has every single feature ever thought up in it. Navigation, cameras, lane assist features, etc. The cheapest A4 is in the mid 40s, before you option it to have half of the features of the Outback.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 17, 2020

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

can't wait to get that OEM nav system

That's being disingenuous. To equip the A4 Allroad with the same standard safety features and ventilated seats as the XT Touring, you need to go to at least the $47k Premium Plus model.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you just cannot convince me to pay 40 grand for a subaru that does not have a STi badge on it

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Very weird attitude to have, "I'll buy this other car with inferior features and really nothing that justifies its extra price except the badge."

I mean, it's not a unique attitude, I just find it weird.

I'd wager to bet though that Subaru sells a lot more XT Tourings than Audi sells A4 Allroads.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the outback is dull to drive and the interior isn't as nice. subaru sells a shitload of cars and they're all mediocre

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Also by all accounts you really don't want any of Subaru's big touchscreen stuff anyway. Looks good on a spec sheet but actually terrible to use in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

New cars aren't expensive, you're just relatively poor because of wage stagnation over the last few decades while inflation and housing costs kept on rising.

It's an economics issue, and it's getting worse, hurray!