Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, OK. This kind rules. Crap, does this make me an anime guy now?

No, Future Funk is a bit of an evolution of both Vaporwave mixed with French Disco. It's a futuristic progression of Daft Punk's Discovery album, with heavy samples being taken instead from old City Pop albums from the 80s. Mariya Takeuchi's "Plastic Love" being a notable example.

Not to mention Cham itself as a name comes from a fantastic piece of Psychological Thriller film, Perfect Blue. Same director created Paprika, which later was borrowed heavily to influence Christopher Nolan in creating Inception.

tl;dr: You're fine.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't know much about mechanical keyboards, but is a tofu/ aluminum alloy the new hotness now?

Tofu is just the model name of the case given by the KBDFans company. 60% refers to the form factor, which is a 60% keyboard, or a keyboard eschewing physical keys for the numpad, arrow cluster, function cluster, and navigation cluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I bought a new office chair. I work from home full-time(pre-quarantine) so it seemed like a good investment.

Herman Miller Embody

Yes, it's hugely expensive for an office chair but I went from a not cheap DXRacer chair to this and the quality difference is incredible.

Also a 12 year warranty as opposed to the 2 year on a DXRacer, a chair that started falling apart 2 years and one day after I bought it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shrapnig posted:

I bought a new office chair. I work from home full-time(pre-quarantine) so it seemed like a good investment.

Herman Miller Embody

Yes, it's hugely expensive for an office chair but I went from a not cheap DXRacer chair to this and the quality difference is incredible.

Also a 12 year warranty as opposed to the 2 year on a DXRacer, a chair that started falling apart 2 years and one day after I bought it.

Furniture is a very "get what you pay for" industry.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Shrapnig posted:

Herman Miller Embody

Dang this looks amazing... looking forward to a trip report once you get it!

For content bought a fence permit to put in a privacy fence, and variance permit to install a driveway on the vacated alley that was split between the houses before I moved in. Because the driveway I want to put in is within 3’ of the property line, all the neighbors will be notified and invited to complain before the zoning board here in a few weeks... yaaaayy

Also bought an auger bit for drilling fencepost holes and an SDS drill adapter to try and run it:

Curious to see how well it works, especially with some help loosening the dirt with a tile spade and digging bar. If it sucks, worst case I can use it for tilling the garden.

Also bought a Seymour hand auger as well:

Figure some combination of the two should make quick work of post holes. Going to try strapping 2x4s to the existing chain link fence posts to pry them out... crossing my fingers that works better than the last round of hand digging and pulling with a winch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I got the chair last week, after a 7 week wait.

Right now it's not that comfortable as I'm adjusting to it but I can feel how it will help my posture which is probably the point. The build quality is insanely good, I can't begin to explain all of the buttons and dials to customize how you sit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That’s a nice chair nice setu p op

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A while ago we were talking about Bluetooth ear buds, and how I've never had a single pair of any in-ear headphones, wired or not, that felt good, sounded fine, or stayed in.

So read a lot of reviews, and settled on these, as they were under $50, and I was willing to be betrayed yet again.

FIIL T1 X. And holy poo poo, they're surprisingly comfortable, haven't fallen out yet, and they sound 10x better than I was expecting. I'm looking forward to the next time I need to do outside chores with them, as is, my lunch breaks at work with music ooooowns.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Slightly better rain shell than what I use. It’s going to rain for awhile and this will be a good way to get the hiking trails to myself.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Aramek posted:

A while ago we were talking about Bluetooth ear buds, and how I've never had a single pair of any in-ear headphones, wired or not, that felt good, sounded fine, or stayed in.

So read a lot of reviews, and settled on these, as they were under $50, and I was willing to be betrayed yet again.

FIIL T1 X. And holy poo poo, they're surprisingly comfortable, haven't fallen out yet, and they sound 10x better than I was expecting. I'm looking forward to the next time I need to do outside chores with them, as is, my lunch breaks at work with music ooooowns.

I have a pair of cheap Aukey bluetooth earbuds that I had the same experience with about not staying in or sounding good that were transformed by a set of Comply foam earbud tips. https://www.complyfoam.com/ My ears get waxy so silicone tips get slippy pretty fast and every earbud I had would start to slip and eventually fall out. And once the earbud started to slip at all I would lose all bass from the bud. The comply foam tips would keep the earbud in place, wouldn't slip or get slippy, and brought back the bass response. However they do wear out and you have to keep a supply of them but I don't mind.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Picked up a broken NES Zapper in the colorway I had as a kid. Ironically it would’ve been cheaper to get a working one or an orange one, but it was still only $20 and my needs for it are slightly destructive and I don’t want to ruin a good one someone else would use. My plan is to take the cable out (and give it a good clean) and make a display for it like it’s an antique pistol.

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jun 22, 2020

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

My local salvage/Goodwill-esque store was selling an old candy/gumball machine.

Have to figure out how to open it (key not included, though from my extensive history of watching Lock Picking Lawyer and BosnianBill on YouTube, I'm very confident this lock is of the lowest quality and can probably be opened with a pencap.)

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Re: AliExpress chat, I bought some pants that I'm excited to write a trip report about from there:

I got them in blue instead of the drab. But if they're good, I'm getting a few pairs of the different colors.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I have some ugly speakers coming tomorrow. Looking forward to replacing the $30 logitech specials I have been using for years

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got some ExOfficio underwear for hiking and hoo doggy these are nice. I’m a fan.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rolo posted:

I got some ExOfficio underwear for hiking and hoo doggy these are nice. I’m a fan.

oo I wonder if this will start another round of underwear chat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Picked up a broken NES Zapper in the colorway I had as a kid. Ironically it would’ve been cheaper to get a working one or an orange one, but it was still only $20 and my needs for it are slightly destructive and I don’t want to ruin a good one someone else would use. My plan is to take the cable out (and give it a good clean) and make a display for it like it’s an antique pistol.

Orange gun is for babies! You had the good gun. Also that's a great idea and I bet someone could make a pretty penny off making "Dueling Zapper" sets of both in a polished wooden box with molded Styrofoam and cheap velvet linings.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rolo posted:

I've tried a few different brands along those lines. ExOfficio are nice, and Saxx are alright, but what I've found most comfortable for me are the very similar ones REI makes. And they're slightly cheaper, I recall.

These ones
https://www.rei.com/product/127666/rei-co-op-boxer-briefs-mens

For content, bought some new running shoes. Brooks Ghost 12s

And an aqua sky 5 quart Kitchenaid mixer, on sale at Williams Sonoma

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Coffee And Pie posted:

Does it go “KLANG!” when you pull the trigger? If so, it works, and the only problem’s the cable.

Even if it does though they’re super common, replacing the cable’s cheap enough anyway, and your idea sounds rad, so go for it!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You guys convinced me, so I just dropped another 15 on an orange gun (even though it is far inferior and in fact for babies)

It’ll be cool in an Adam Savage sort of way, as a pair of dueling pistols.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

A pair of Shure 840 headphones to replace my broken 440s. Somehow even more comfortable than the previous pair. Studio monitor grade! Do I do anything in a studio? Absolutely not!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

NewFatMike posted:

I got them in blue instead of the drab. But if they're good, I'm getting a few pairs of the different colors.

I too bought pants, but in orange:

Hoping I never find out whether they’re good though.

Also bought a matching splitting axe:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought....

A 20 liter oxygen cylinder!

A 40x40mm bar of cast iron!

A plasma cutter (chinese)!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Finally broke down and bought a Behringer RD-8, a TR-808 clone. Was debating the Roland TR-08, but it's fuckin tiny and I have giant hands. Time to head down that rabbit hole I guess :shepspends:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Orange gun is for babies! You had the good gun. Also that's a great idea and I bet someone could make a pretty penny off making "Dueling Zapper" sets of both in a polished wooden box with molded Styrofoam and cheap velvet linings.

HMMMMMM. Tempting.

I bought a really cheap knock off usb light gun for a project. All I wanted was the pistol grip and trigger switch, and it only had to last for a day of actual use so a cheap lovely plastic one was fine and I couldn't bear to destroy an actual NES zapper.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

His Divine Shadow posted:

I bought....

A 40x40mm bar of cast iron!

40x40x??

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Oh 300mm. Will be used for making leadscrew nuts and half nuts.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

ReidRansom posted:

And an aqua sky 5 quart Kitchenaid mixer, on sale at Williams Sonoma

I bought one from there in May and I got an email a couple weeks ago saying it's backordered til August. I don't know how the hell they sold you one -- on sale, even! -- but don't expect it for several months.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

prayer group posted:

I bought one from there in May and I got an email a couple weeks ago saying it's backordered til August. I don't know how the hell they sold you one -- on sale, even! -- but don't expect it for several months.

I ordered it last Thursday and it arrived Monday. v😅v

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

His Divine Shadow posted:

I bought....

A 20 liter oxygen cylinder!

My butthole puckered. Pure oxygen is scary stuff to me.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Coredump posted:

My butthole puckered. Pure oxygen is scary stuff to me.

The scary part is the cheap Chinese plasma cutter (designed and quality controlled in Germany!) :flame: which is saying something given how terrifying oxygen is. Got some acetylene? :v:

I felt like that post got better the more I read.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got back into knitting, and my supply box was kind of a hodgepodge, so I finally splurged on an interchangeable needle set (that I was too poor to afford back when I first learned)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

H110Hawk posted:

The scary part is the cheap Chinese plasma cutter (designed and quality controlled in Germany!) :flame: which is saying something given how terrifying oxygen is. Got some acetylene? :v:

I felt like that post got better the more I read.

Well the plasma cutter and oxygen are not related.

Well sorta. I will use both of them to cut stuff, the oxygen will be an oxy propane setup for cutting thicker stuff, heating, burninating and brazing.

Woulda liked a proper not chinese plasma cutter but even used, any decent quality ones are like a thousand euros... I did find one that looked kinda interesting but it was single phase only so little use to me who don't have american sized single phase fuses (max 16A, maybe 25A if I hook up right at my junction box) so I need a 3 phase model so I can utilize it fully.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

prayer group posted:

I was lucky enough to get one (in this very color) as a housewarming present. It's everything I hoped for.

Speaking of houses, I may be buying brand new flooring soon because my friend who is renting a room had his aquarium break the other day.

It sounds like the insurance company will cover it (sans $1K deductible) but because it's a weird interlocking laminate from ~10 years ago, finding an exact match is gonna be impossible.
We might have to replace the entire floor, not just that section, which means we have to sleep in a hotel for a while.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bought this bike back from a friend to whom I’d sold it a couple of years ago. He only rode it about 400 miles in that time, and only 40 miles this year (one ride). I didn’t need yet another bike but I’ve been regretting selling this one for a while so I’m glad to have it back.

1997 Suzuki DR350SE

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Because I need a new mic to go with my ATH M50x

And my car needs new wipers pretty bad

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yay, blue makes pretty good mics.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Just bought a gently used Pixelbook Go on eBay to be my media-absorption powerhouse. Unfortunately I got the black version since nobody is apparently willing to part with the pretty blush colour :( but I am saving like $500 on the model I wanted so I can't complain too much.

I touched one at a Best Buy over the weekend and I was very pleased. It's light and has a really quiet keyboard that feels good to type on. Even the base model they had in the store felt zippy with a bunch of tabs and apps open and videos playing, the screen looked really vibrant, and it'll run the writing apps I use. It'll be a huge step up from my million year-old Surface 2, which was a nightmare to try to use propped up on my lap like a laptop, and no more squinting down at my phone screen in the evenings.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I've wanted to try my hand at baitcasting for a while, and fishing is a pretty decent social distancing activity, so I dropped a couple bucks on a new reel and hopefully I don't make a fool of my self all weekend.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Retrowave keycap set from Matrix Keyboards

USB C Cable Kit from CruzCtrl, with neon pink paracord and deep purple outer sleeving, for a custom usb cable for the keyboard

YC8 Adapter for the USB Cable

Dignitas 2020 eSports jersey, the profits from the jersey are being donated to Color of Change and The Bail Project through the month of June. Was up between this or the CLG Pride Jersey, but went with this.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

USB C Cable Kit from CruzCtrl, with neon pink paracord and deep purple outer sleeving, for a custom usb cable for the keyboard

What's with the hi-chew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Slimy Hog posted:

What's with the hi-chew?

Something to snack on while soldering/heat shrinking.