Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
oh this is so weird, I'm watching the NBC Sports "Enhanced" version. Fake crowd noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Lemon posted:

Apparently my stream is going to have fake noise, interested to see how poo poo that will be.

I hope it’s just a group of people crying that Liverpool actually get to win the league now for 90 minutes straight for no reason other than my personal and sexual gratification

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Why the gently caress is there a stadium announcer?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:wtc: NBC have decided to play fake crowd noise over the game and it is so bizarre, I would rather listen to the empty stadium

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

vyelkin posted:

:wtc: NBC have decided to play fake crowd noise over the game and it is so bizarre, I would rather listen to the empty stadium

It’s the exact opposite for me

Also NBC allows you to hear both

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
rmc sport in france also picked the feed with the fake noise

its weird but better than silence probably

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also the fake crowd noise has a weird buzz to it so it sounds like the stands are full of bees

maybe they got the crowd noise from the 2010 world cup

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Its the same on sky. Lol someone is sat with a dial and is turning up the fake noise in time with the action

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

I'm streaming the match on NBCs website and i got to choose the no-crowd noise version. It's weird but not bad. You get to hear all the players shouting.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hahaha, luckily there's no fake crowd noise on the Finnish broadcast but I hope someone gets some YouTube clips of it going, I want to embrace the pain.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shammypants posted:

It’s the exact opposite for me

Also NBC allows you to hear both

you can only get the non-crowd-noise one online or through their app and I get my tv free through my landlord so I don't have a login for the extra online stuff and have to watch it on actual tv, lol owned by free utilities

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lollin at the fifa "scored a goal" crowd noise for a weak rear end shot straight at the keeper

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah for some reason they made the crowd cheer when the home teams shot was saved lol

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Oh right they do have a feed with the fake crowd not on, bit weird but i might stick with it for a laugh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lemon posted:

Yeah for some reason they made the crowd cheer when the home teams shot was saved lol

the "crowd" just cheered the away side making a clearance lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
cut randomly to people in the zoom conference calls with fans like you would with real spectators cowards

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't wait for the part where one team is dominating and the "crowd" is ole-ing their every pass

Lemon
May 22, 2003

How long until someone gets their knob out on one of those webcams

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

cut randomly to people in the zoom conference calls with fans like you would with real spectators cowards

they did that lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They really undermine the purpose of the fake crowd noise when they cut to a wide shot of the empty stadium every other minute

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao at Michael Oliver's lockdown haircut

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

textbook stuff from the sound guy on that freekick

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
lmao at this crowd noise

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The crowd noise would be better if they just left a random Sega Genesis Fifa running.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My stream died and I switched over to one without crowd noise. I dunno, I think I kinda prefer the fake crowd noise. The game feels very dead without it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

A water break? It's 65F.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vegetable posted:

My stream died and I switched over to one without crowd noise. I dunno, I think I kinda prefer the fake crowd noise. The game feels very dead without it.

To be fair, is a Villa match a fair test?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

you can only get the non-crowd-noise one online or through their app and I get my tv free through my landlord so I don't have a login for the extra online stuff and have to watch it on actual tv, lol owned by free utilities

YouTube tv had both primary and secondary audio and they’re the exact same!!!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
NBC Sports seems to be randomly playing music over the feed

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That header lmao

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Seem to be piping in one or two boo's here, needs an ironic cheer or two though imo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They have to disinfect every ball that exits play lol. I'm all for safety precautions but some of this stuff is just nonsense.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vegetable posted:

They have to disinfect every ball that exits play lol. I'm all for safety precautions but some of this stuff is just nonsense.

My "favourite" bit was the way they made the teams exit the tunnel separately, because of course there's no danger of any subsequent contact.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol that is 100% a goal

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh my god Aston Villa almost dumbassedly bumped their own keeper into the net with the ball in his hands

e: by almost I mean definitely did lmaoooooo

e2: are they seriously going to get away with this???????????

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's surely over the line

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lmao the premier League is back

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How the gently caress did VAR not catch the ball being over the goal line by a country mile?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe goal line technology struggles when there's a human holding the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lol the VAR ref should have a word in his ear