Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
The Vapor Trail - W2H-PYB-B7G - You thought finishing my "World" and getting addicted to Disgaea would stop me?? Hahahaha no, foolish child.

I WILL say that this has a lot of moving parts, so your experiences may differ from the ones I had during testing. Please understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Here's the latest of my Koopaling castle levels: Crumbling Castle - RBB-NT9-Y8G

This took me forever to make with all the on-off switch madness in the second half, and there are still some things I don't love but couldn't really fix. Lemmy can kill himself pretty easily in the second fight, but I just decided to leave it in. And I've had some weird stuff happen in the first boss fight, but it seems to work 95% of the time, so I left it as is.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Glitter Rock Gulch
By: ThisIsACoolGuy HY5-6D1-XSG

2. Wizard Storm
By: Phantasium V14-V44-54G

3. Dilapidated Drainpipe
By: DarkLich VXX-34Q-FPF

4. The Vapor Trail
By: Gnome Enthusiast W2H-PYB-B7G

5. Crumbling Castle
By: Darth Nat RBB-NT9-Y8G

6. GNAR 2: Whack the Cornice
By: Bittermctitters WLF 474 HLF

7. Malario's level
By: Malario30 3J4-T77-WMG

8. Might Mole Mining Co.
By: OnlyWonderBoy KR8-56H-WDG

9. Mt. Pillarspike
By: Kalvin MSG-6KG-9QG

10. Yoshi's Iceland
By: Pxffi N1L-6W8-SHG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live in 10 minutes! Come on and check us out.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Off Your Nut
Course ID: YMR-YR8-YDG
Difficulty: Expert

When I saw how the super acorn rolls on the ground I knew I had to figure out a way to make a stage that was based around that. You have to avoid the acorns to meet the "reach the goal as Super Mario" clear condition. This one has been sitting on in my course bot since the update hit. I finished the main world that weekend but the elevator gimmick I had planned for the sub world didn't work out due to the way autoscroll works with elevators. I eventually came up with a workaround that approximated the original idea and this is the result.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 30, 2020

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT.

1. Ludwig's Crescendo
By: Raevix CJ2-7N6-3SF

2. Jamming with Morton
By: Flyercomet 191-K91-XFF

3. KoopaLabs: Containment Breach
By: ParsingError PR9-NWB-F0G

4. The Ice Cave
By: 13-1-24 WXG-L72-RKF

5. Mario the Mad Hatter
By: Mug Head KML-9WV-R1H

6. Ultimate Luck Test
By: A Zalt 3G7-HPK-DVG

7. Spiked Balls and Seesaws
By: Bearded Sexiness RGG-Y7B-WJG

8. W1-Tower: Spike-Top Stronghold
By: Donaldduck TCB-SMD-BMF

9. Hebra Mountain Pass
By: Dr. Tungsten 4MC-2VD-01G

10. RNG: Red n' Grey
By: Jamester W0L-1SR-0NG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live in ten minutes! come and hang on out and submit some levels.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Ride the Cave Snake - MXX-L2R-SXG

Be fast and you will beat it! Take the shell with you and be careful!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rainbow Boulevard
Course ID: 9C0-7DH-2TF
Difficulty: Easy/Normal

My recent output has tended toward difficult gimmick-heavy courses, so I figured it was time to do an easy traditional course.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

7LG-42R-BRG - A Course About Balls - I really hope this will be about Expert difficulty, some platforming involving Mario 2 Mushroom and Snowballs.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey, here's tonight's level list for the stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

1. Ride the Cave Snake
By: Sublimer MXX-L2R-SXG

2. A Course about Balls
By: Tonberi 7LG-42R-BRG

3. Rainbow Boulevard
By: J-Spot 9C0-7DH-2TF

4. Fouriety
By KlausAC PP0-2LP-6SG

5. Ghostz 'n Laserz
By: Nyasupan W8V-5H4-CFF

6. On/Off Speedrun (30 sec)
By: Matia Stan R81-QSM-G4G

7. Level found by SallyMcCookoo
1CJ-S97-69G

8. The Chaotic Crusaders' Castle
By: Evalec223 RNW-D0J-8FF

9. Super Panda World
By: SuperOdyssey2 K00-917-Q1G

10. Blue Switch Palatial Estate
By: TheMasterDS P98-PSF-26G

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Made another pretty easy course:

The Goombi Desert

Y98-032-Y2G

I really liked your rainbow boulevard level Jspot. Easy traditional levels are right up my alley.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Norton posted:

Made another pretty easy course:

The Goombi Desert

Y98-032-Y2G

I really liked your rainbow boulevard level Jspot. Easy traditional levels are right up my alley.

I really liked this, nice and simple to just go through, but rather tough if you want to go fast, and just overall fun!

FRF-K9S-VXG - Friendly Time Palace
Lemmy is the king of friendly time! Break through his underground palace of single screen challenges and get him to agree to not throw his balls at you any more!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT:

1. The Goombi Desert
By: Norton Y98-032-Y2G

2. Friendly Time Palace
By: Tonberi FRF-K9S-VXG

3. asperitas
By: tlrstn TCL-8PX-PGF

4. Life of Freddy Mercury
Swimming Lab RG2-5X7-L0G

5. A Dungeon Stroll
By: Yuundere RBJ-P4Y-2QF

6. Super Spaghetti Sauce Castle
By: Special Pants K3D-VC0-NGG

7. Poison Pirahna Garden
By: Kastle213 5HC-YPY-59G

8. Simple Underground Adventure
By: Lynchy Lynch 5T4-YSP-V1H

9. PMB 1-3: The Cloudtop Garden
By: Jonah_777 W61-KTM-J0H

10. Super Mario Escapade 1-1
By: Kylesbulldog WNB-DBM-QCG

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

The final two Super Mario Voyage levels are now available!

Meteor Mining
TM2-X80-L8G

I wanted to use frozen coins in various ways, but couldn't find a lot of fun application. If anyone knows of good examples, please share! Yoshi is used here because Yoshi makes everything better.

Vexing Vault
YM1-BHQ-F5G

Phanto is a bit more difficult in this game, since you can't just toss the key away for some respite. To balance it out, I try to have short stretches of frantic Phanto dodging. The pipe at the end contains a special message for the SMV players!

That should wrap up the SMV2 project, and I'll compile all 40 stages into a "deluxe" world in the near future! Thanks a lot to everyone that has left comments and feedback, the Goon community is the best.

mektarian
Mar 21, 2005

Deep Space Dreadnought
F7M-0RT-6XG

A night airship level themed around mechakoopas. I tried to make this a bit harder than my other levels, but I added extra power ups anyways :v:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live with some Mario Maker! Here!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And here's the level list and VOD with timestamps. Thanks to everyone who came and hung out tonight!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/645343672

1. The Goombi Desert 00:38:00
By: Norton Y98-032-Y2G

2. Friendly Time Palace 01:02:00
By: Tonberi FRF-K9S-VXG

3. asperitas 01:21:15
By: tlrstn TCL-8PX-PGF

4. Life of Freddy Mercury 01:36:15
Swimming Lab RG2-5X7-L0G

5. A Dungeon Stroll 01:43:30
By: Yuundere RBJ-P4Y-2QF

6. Super Spaghetti Sauce Castle 01:54:00
By: Special Pants K3D-VC0-NGG

7. Poison Pirahna Garden 02:17:45
By: Kastle213 5HC-YPY-59G

8. Simple Underground Adventure 02:34:45
By: Lynchy Lynch 5T4-YSP-V1H

9. PMB 1-3: The Cloudtop Garden 02:43:45
By: Jonah_777 W61-KTM-J0H

10. Super Mario Escapade 1-1 02:53:15
By: Kylesbulldog WNB-DBM-QCG

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I went and made a Super World. It's only one world long, and I'm a bit annoyed that if I add more worlds, anyone playing will need to play the first world again, but I wanted to get it out since even making this one world took me a while.

Anyway, instead of making every level a huge affair with a cool gimmick, like I was doing previously, I went and made a bunch of shorter and simpler levels, theming the whole world around a gimmick but not taking any single level too far. I'll probably package my pre-existing levels into later more thematically suitable worlds as well, if I can get around to them, and most likely as alternate pathways.

04D-NLS-7RF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT. For once we're going a super world because why not?

1. Meteor Mining
By: Darklich TM2-X80-L8G

2. Deep Space Dreadnought
By: Mektarian F7M-0RT-6XG

3. Argue's Super World
04D-NLS-7RF

4. Monty's Mole
By: Lightning Lee KM6-FXX-9HG

5. Hazardous Flood
By: Button Bash H9K-R3M-BTF

6. Exploration of the Titanic
By: SwimmingLab TYF-W6Q-QRF

7. Fractall Cliffs: The Beginning
By: Striangle KWS-DBP-5GG

8. Lemmy's Bounceship
By: ToastKirby RLN-KBF-N8G

9. Froggy Castle
By: Ebrony Ky9-42P-LMG

10. Airbreather's Level
By: Airbreather T3D-MR0-0HF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Speaking of, we're live with some Mario Maker 2 viewer levels here: https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Forgive me, for I have kaizo'd.

Spinning Succulents
PHP-NY5-3CG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Here's the stream list from tonight's stream, thank you to everyone who came and hung out with us!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/649188955

1. Meteor Mining 00:18:30
By: Darklich TM2-X80-L8G

2. Deep Space Dreadnought 00:31:30
By: Mektarian F7M-0RT-6XG

3. Argue's Super World
04D-NLS-7RF

4. Monty's Mole 01:50:30
By: Lightning Lee KM6-FXX-9HG

5. Hazardous Flood 01:59:45
By: Button Bash H9K-R3M-BTF

6. Exploration of the Titanic 02:40:15
By: SwimmingLab TYF-W6Q-QRF

7. Fractall Cliffs: The Beginning 03:09:30
By: Striangle KWS-DBP-5GG

8. Lemmy's Bounceship 03:31:45
By: ToastKirby RLN-KBF-N8G

9. Froggy Castle 03:48:30
By: Ebrony Ky9-42P-LMG

10. Airbreather's Level 03:51:45
By: Airbreather T3D-MR0-0HF

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Double May Care posted:

Forgive me, for I have kaizo'd.

Spinning Succulents
PHP-NY5-3CG

I forgive you because that was a really fun level. You should kaizo even more!!!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

There's no way to upload a super world by uploading all the levels at once, is there?

Also, I was surprised that I was able to upload one of my levels without doing a clear check--is this because playing a saved level in course world counts as my clear check? Can I do a pre-clear check for all my levels, or just the ones without checkpoints?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Argue posted:

There's no way to upload a super world by uploading all the levels at once, is there?

Also, I was surprised that I was able to upload one of my levels without doing a clear check--is this because playing a saved level in course world counts as my clear check? Can I do a pre-clear check for all my levels, or just the ones without checkpoints?

If it doesn’t have a checkpoint then playing it from the coursebot does count as a clear check. You can also always do a clear check without uploading the level and it will be saved for whenever you do want to upload it provided you do not make any changes.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

https://twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Spinning Succulents
By: Double May Care PHP-NY5-3CG

2. 3-1 Board Bob-Omb's Battleship
By: Pwack PP8-0TQ-GWG

3. JordanDuck's level
By: JordanDuck 7NM-L4F-3TF

4. Ice Ice Baby
By: Diavlo FKD-DDK-NGK

5. The Vine Castle Climb
By: Botul420 KK7-20F-2QG

6. Super Panda World
By: SupaMarioMakerWizard K00-917-Q1G

7. Night Airship Raid
By: Dog in black 7B6-XFQ-04G

8. Sky-zo: Cloud Nine
By: Baskets209 5YV-M6M-HXF

9. Pokey Plateau
By: Black Nubba2 F73-0WW-9PG

10. Roy's Roulette Palace
By: Dr Spangle CNL-S9S-DXG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And speaking of, going live with some levels right now!

https://twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Way-Down World - 70H-77N-G2G - Remember that one underground level in Mario World where you slide down hills constantly? Yeah I ripped that off. This screenshot does not picture that section.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

My new course:

Piranha Plant Park

7D5-1SN-SDG

Probably normal level difficulty, so you guys will all 1 shot it, but still my hardest stage yet most likely.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey, it's a level!

I think in order to break out my rut I'm going to make simple stages that focus on one or two elements and make a short stage out of them. So first up, a speedrun stage with boost pads. Follow the coins and you should be fine.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

OneMoreTime posted:

Hey, it's a level!

I think in order to break out my rut I'm going to make simple stages that focus on one or two elements and make a short stage out of them. So first up, a speedrun stage with boost pads. Follow the coins and you should be fine.

Nice level. I found a few optimizations and did a bit of grinding to get the world record. It was all for nothing though because I found a skip that saves 3 seconds. I feel like with perfect movement I can take it down lower, but I'm happy with how low I got the time.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Norton posted:

Nice level. I found a few optimizations and did a bit of grinding to get the world record. It was all for nothing though because I found a skip that saves 3 seconds. I feel like with perfect movement I can take it down lower, but I'm happy with how low I got the time.

Nice! I saw that ridiculously low time and I figured it was probably using the gap the thwomp made. If so, I'm glad someone used that!

Oh and guess what, have another stage!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm too busy to make a fancy picture for this level, plus I'm not sure it deserves it?

Simple Series: Bouncing EX
MB1-FJ3-X4G

Taking my previous stage to its logical conclusion. Super Expert difficulty, some jank that may prompt me to take it down later.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Maybe I've missed something obvious but is there a way to save a Super World to play later? I assume that's what the world Course Bot is for, but once I've looked up a World I don't see any system options other than to play it now or exit. And once I've started one, there's no way to try something else and resume it later? That can't be right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minidust posted:

Maybe I've missed something obvious but is there a way to save a Super World to play later? I assume that's what the world Course Bot is for, but once I've looked up a World I don't see any system options other than to play it now or exit. And once I've started one, there's no way to try something else and resume it later? That can't be right.

If you save and quit from a world you can go to your User page and there's a "Worlds played" tab. Any world with a little red balloon on it means you saved somewhere in it and can continue where you left off!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ok, so when I go through a door, enemies reset, but power-up items do not, whether they're in prize blocks or just placed on the ground. Is there a setup so that each time I go through the door, there is exactly one of the same power-up waiting in the same spot on the level? Pipes will churn them out infinitely, so those won't work--the gist of what I'm doing is simple; fail to get through the challenge and you get a reset door that takes you back to the beginning and lets you power-up there--but there's a bit of a twist, which is why I need there to be exactly one instance of the item per door use in this level instead of just letting an emitter spit out as many as the player wants.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Argue posted:

Ok, so when I go through a door, enemies reset, but power-up items do not, whether they're in prize blocks or just placed on the ground. Is there a setup so that each time I go through the door, there is exactly one of the same power-up waiting in the same spot on the level? Pipes will churn them out infinitely, so those won't work--the gist of what I'm doing is simple; fail to get through the challenge and you get a reset door that takes you back to the beginning and lets you power-up there--but there's a bit of a twist, which is why I need there to be exactly one instance of the item per door use in this level instead of just letting an emitter spit out as many as the player wants.

You could stick a bill blaster on an open track so it spits out the power up before falling off:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

That's clever! Not ideal, as the item is a feather and it would eventually fall through the floor, but barring a better solution, I think I can make something work with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

In Training posted:

If you save and quit from a world you can go to your User page and there's a "Worlds played" tab. Any world with a little red balloon on it means you saved somewhere in it and can continue where you left off!
Huh that is great to know, thanks! Why in 2020 do they still make "Quit" options so ambiguous sometimes?

Does saving happen automatically after playing any level? In the world I was just trying, I played up to one of their bonus mushroom houses to be sure.