Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Duel Paladin report!

Still sucks!
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So Zephrys gives my opponent lethal and my opponent starts trading all over the board instead of going face. I eventually won. Brian Kibler's first rule: Always look for lethal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Looks like Kragg is balanced, Eudora is high tier, and Hooktusk is tirion levels of op: https://hsreplay.net/battlegrounds/heroes/

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't think zephrys will give an aggressive card unless there's lethal to be gotten from it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
been playing a few BGs since Pirates were brought in but gently caress me choosing from between 2 heroes sucks absolute poo poo

the last game I had the options of Jaraxxus and Baz'hial

oh, and the game had no demons

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

No Wave posted:

Looks like Kragg is balanced, Eudora is high tier, and Hooktusk is tirion levels of op: https://hsreplay.net/battlegrounds/heroes/

I refuse to believe galakrond is worse than jaraxxus

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Julio Cruz posted:

been playing a few BGs since Pirates were brought in but gently caress me choosing from between 2 heroes sucks absolute poo poo

the last game I had the options of Jaraxxus and Baz'hial

oh, and the game had no demons

Tribe specific heroes shouldn't be showing up when their tribes are banned.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Has anyone gotten a Finley hero power for a banned tribe btw? I assume they thought of that and I've picked him a few times and not gotten anything like that but I was thinking if they were gonna gently caress that up that'd be how

I just want them to add pirates to the ban pool tbh. Absolute garbage unless you get a direct synergy hero.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The new parrot in battlegrounds is so broken. It’s gonna get nerfed into the ground.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hooktusk should get a nerf too. IDK if making it cost 1 would be too harsh but I can't think of anything else other than making it not discover, and then it's almost the same as Maly.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Why doesn’t priest have a good weapon?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've barely played any post-pirates BGs - for Kragg, is there a good rule of thumb on when to use the hero power?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Piggy Smalls posted:

Why doesn’t priest have a good weapon?

It’s just not part of the “class identity”. Even in K&C when every class got a legendary weapon the Priest one kinda sucked.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im not good enough at battlegrounds to know if it's the real deal strat or not but I got absolutely hosed on by the first arenna I saw who on turn 2 had no minions and presumably just refreshed 3 times turn 1 and 4 times turn 2. She lost maybe fifteen HP those first five or so fights and then steamrolled an obscene winstreak

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I tried my hand at making my own deck after using deck lists for DH, druid, and drat near everything else. I was playing with quest warlock but it always felt like I needed a perfect hand/draw for it to work right, so I combined it with Galakrond and made it Highlander for laughs.

It works... surprisingly well. There’s an answer for almost anything you play against, and only DH has given me real trouble because they’re so much faster. I didn’t have a chance to play much today but I think I went 5/2 with it over the course of the day.

### Quest For Galakrond
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (0) Sacrificial Pact
# 1x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Plague of Flames
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 1x (1) Unstable Felbolt
# 1x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 1x (2) Nether Breath
# 1x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Twisted Knowledge
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (3) Darkglare
# 1x (3) Dragonblight Cultist
# 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 1x (4) Fiendish Rites
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (4) Veiled Worshipper
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 1x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Abyssal Summoner
# 1x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Wretched
# 1x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (8) Twin Tyrant
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Sathrovarr
#
AAECAcn1Ah4wowG2B40IxAjalgPamwProwP8owOdqQPlrAPorAPqrAPrrAPsrAPurAOwrQP+rgOqrwPTrwPnsAORsQPjtAOttgP9tgPEuQPHuQPLuQO9vgPxvwMAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't play BG much, what makes Hooktusk so good?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Oh I'd missed that we got a new battleground hero yesterday.
Can't tell how good this is

Cuntellectual posted:

her hero power lets you turn tokens into token generators for extra gold, or tokens or other useless minions into potential triples. Staying at low tavern tiers to generate endless giant saurolisks is a popular strategy. Also her hero portrait is tier 1

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Cuntellectual posted:

Basically, if you level up with her early, you've played her wrong. Stay on 1, get Saurolisks, Wrath Weavers, and deathrattles, token if no choices. Hero power tokens and deathrattles for more Saurolisks, Weavers, and deathrattles. Once you have golden Saurolisks and Wrath Weavers, level up to 3 to get Goldgrubbers on golden upgrade, 4 eventually for golden Goldgrubbers. Never move past 4, laugh as your board outscales everything except Poison Divine Shield Murlocs

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I always level with her and I don't think I've lost a single game. In the late game you can buy high tier minions just to discover the ones that you need from lower tiers.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Oh poo poo, buffs and nerfs coming in hot

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23442723/17-4-1-patch-notes

Battlegrounds Updates

HEROES

Lord Jaraxxus

Bloodfury

Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 1]

Reno Jackson

Gonna Be Rich!

Old: [Cost 3] → New: [Cost 2]

Millificient Manastorm

Tinker

Old: [Passive] Mechs in Bob's Tavern have +2 Attack. → New: [Passive] Mechs in Bob's Tavern have +1/+1.

Maiev Shadowsong

Imprison

Dormant minions no longer reduce the number of minions you see when refreshing Bob’s Tavern (Unless you’re at Tier 6 and have 2 Dormant minions in play, then it will reduce by 1).

MINIONS

Scavenging Hyena

Old: [Tier 2, Beast] → New: [Tier 1, Beast]

Rabid Saurolisk

Old: [Tier 1, Beast] 3 Attack, 1 Health → New: [Tier 2, Beast] 3 Attack, 2 Health.

Monstrous Macaw

Old: [Tier 2, Beast] → New: [Tier 3, Beast]

Battlegrounds Bug Fixes

Fixed two separate issues that caused the Hero Powers for Lady Vashj and Maiev Shadowsong to trigger unintended effects in the shop phase.
Fixed an issue where the Deathrattle for Sneed's Old Shredder was not summoning newly added Legendary minions.

Card Update

Twin Slice

Old: [Cost 0] Give your hero +1 Attack this turn. Add 'Second Slice' to your hand → New: [Cost 1] Give your hero +2 Attack this turn. Add ‘Second Slice’ to your hand.

Second Slice

Old: [Cost 0] Give your hero +1 Attack this turn. → New: [Cost 1] Give your hero +2 Attack this turn.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Those are really good battlegrounds changes!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

That makes 4 separate nerf patches for DH, right?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Technically it’s a nerf because it slows down synergies with other DH cards, but 4 damage on a 2 mana card that can be split in half is still very very good.

I think this is more of an indirect nerf of Altruis (and to a lesser extent Glaivebound Adept) than a direct nerf of Twin Slice.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Promoted Pawn posted:

I think this is more of an indirect nerf of Altruis (and to a lesser extent Glaivebound Adept) than a direct nerf of Twin Slice.
Don't forget Satyr Overseer.

I like that they've basically come around to the thing that everyone playing realized on day one; that Demon Hunter as conceived is fine but Demon Hunter as released is a hilarious disaster for the game. Nerf 'em all, let God sort them out.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
can't weapon + twin slice on turn 2 to kill a 2- or even 3-health guy either

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

What's irritating is that you can't get full dust for the cards they are actually nerfing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I guess I should wait and see how the Nerf changes the meta before pushing to legend. Currently at Diamond 4 and 2 stars.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Not sure what they were thinking giving this adventure deck almost no playable cards on T1 or T2.

also the writing isn't even campy fun this time around. It's just bad rhyming exposition.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 17, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh my god Illidan will you just shut up

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

oh my god Illidan will you just shut up

https://twitter.com/drilidan/status/946216744481300480

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I guess they assume that nerfing Demon Hunter again will quasi-nerf Warrior but...they probably should nerf Warrior again

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Firebert posted:

I guess they assume that nerfing Demon Hunter again will quasi-nerf Warrior but...they probably should nerf Warrior again

I'm not good enough to understand how the nerfs will quasi-nerf Warrior, can you explain?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mayveena posted:

I'm not good enough to understand how the nerfs will quasi-nerf Warrior, can you explain?

Warrior is really good against DH

so by nerfing DH and reducing the number of people who'll play it they also make Warrior slightly less good overall

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Julio Cruz posted:

Warrior is really good against DH

so by nerfing DH and reducing the number of people who'll play it they also make Warrior slightly less good overall

Yeah basically Armoursmith+Skipper farms demon hunter which has a lot of early burst but burns out really fast, especially after the nerfs to their midrange demons which made them unplayable

This change honestly just puts Warrior alone at tier 1, the class has been targeted for the last two months yet just keeps improving its matchups with refinement

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 17, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Okay, so is the Kanrethad Prime PvE boss supposed to suck until next week, because *gently caress* that noise.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Chernabog posted:

Hooktusk should get a nerf too. IDK if making it cost 1 would be too harsh but I can't think of anything else other than making it not discover, and then it's almost the same as Maly.

I feel like a good nerf for Hooktusk would be to not allow Tier 1 units to be targetable by the hero power (which makes sense, there's no such thing as a tier one lower than Tier 1). Might be too aggressive a nerf though.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I am stuck at diamond 6 in wild. Odd DH is not doing it for me. I keep eating poo poo to Reno on curve or bomb hunter. Is there another wild deck that’ll push through? I’m not expecting the nerfs to do much to the wild meta.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I was thinking this adventure was super easy until I ran into Mother Sharaz, and hoooooollllly poo poo. This is awful.

edit: oh, and just for fun you also lose one of your early draws just in case you thought this was too doable

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I am stuck at diamond 6 in wild. Odd DH is not doing it for me. I keep eating poo poo to Reno on curve or bomb hunter. Is there another wild deck that’ll push through? I’m not expecting the nerfs to do much to the wild meta.

Vicious Syndicate just put out a Wild Data Report a couple of days ago, if any of those decks gives you any ideas.

Pirate Warrior can have some insane burst and early pressure, but it’s also kind of hampered by not being the most consistent deck. Especially since it doesn’t run any removal at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Also playing 6 fights in a row with the same deck is kinda lame. I'm starting to see why this was free content. I'd be pretty pissed if I paid for this.

Also the final fight is the real bullshit.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 17, 2020