Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Also jammy it was good to see you. Maybe the problem is that mafia is the same, but you have grown as a person

Namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Kashuno posted:

Real contribution: we all get mad at mafia games sometimes when we lose, but part of being like “I thought people here were better than this” is acknowledging that you failed half of mafia as a game which is presenting your case in a form that meets the satisfaction and acceptance of your fellow players. If you play mafia the same every game and don’t adjust your argumentative strategy for the personalities you are interacting with (which can be done even if it’s someone’s first game) then that’s on you.

Is it me who is wrong?

No, it's the children who are at fault.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In my opinion, the most important part of mafia, isn't being correct, it is getting other players to follow your lead. This is important as town and as scum. Persuasive argumentation is key.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grandicap posted:

In my opinion, the most important part of mafia, isn't being correct, it is getting other players to follow your lead. This is important as town and as scum. Persuasive argumentation is key.

:emptyquote:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
only if you care about persuading people

I play mafia to be correct, not to be acknowledged as correct :v:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jamuraan posted:

it turns out half of y'all are mindless buffoons

Only HALF?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Jen X posted:

only if you care about persuading people

I play mafia to be correct, not to be acknowledged as correct :v:

The best part is when the game is over and you can see how right you are, and the idiots who tanked the game STILL don't understand why or how they got duped, and will continue to make the same mistakes game after game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Jamuraan posted:

Is it me who is wrong?

are you making this reference unironically, or

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamuraan posted:

Ps I don't care about getting mislynched, not a problem at all. It's the consistent lack of logic and rational thought by players. I thought SA was supposed to be full of intelligent players, but it turns out half of y'all are mindless buffoons. =]

Lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jamuraan posted:

Is it me who is wrong?

How you can say this without realizing you’re the Skinner in this situation is astonishing.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!
well at least it wasn't a votefinder problem this time around

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

alli again posted:

:five:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

alli again posted:

Nah just a PEBKAC error.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

“I’m done playing mafia you are all idiots”

*posts more in the mafia discussion thread about how not mad I am than I ever posted in any of the games where I failed to hunt a single member of the scum teams*

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

alli again posted:

nice

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Jamuraan posted:

This is more correct than "Jam mad jam bad"
I come here because I value SA as an intellectual community. But apparently I was wrong!

Well, yeah the general intelligence level of the entirety of the forums has gone down. I remember when GBS wasn't a complete cesspool.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I played a game :toot:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think anything useful will be gained from continuing your dunking on this thread, Jammy.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Max posted:

I don't think anything useful will be gained from continuing your dunking on this thread, Jammy.

is it really dunking?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Sub Rosa posted:

how did it make you feel

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sub Rosa posted:

You played well. Keep playing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

I hope you had a good time!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommu posted:

is it really dunking?

Someone's being dunked on, yes.

Sub Rosa posted:

You did great!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

mafia.... mafia never changes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cringe

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fair

it's all i have to offer the thread since i have 0 mafia time, but i do eagerly await having more time in my day to yell at people on the internet

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

It's nothing personal against anyone but y'all are loving AWFUL at critical reasoning and logic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jammy I think you need to stop.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Max posted:

Jammy I think you need to stop.

Okay well the world is full of opinions =]

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

It's nothing personal against anyone but y'all are loving AWFUL at critical reasoning and logic.

I would suggest taking a look at what you’ve been doing today, using this incredible critical reasoning and logic you insinuate you possess, and direct it toward some self evaluation as to why you’re acting this way :)

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

To be fair, there is a wildly different style and approach from when I played last actively (alongside Jammy) and today. There is a lot less words involved in the discussion of cases and motivations and in the couple non-reunion games, a near absence of anything that might once have been called WIFOM (which effectively boils down to trying to reason about what the scum were trying to do). To be clear, that's not to say that I think people have to play differently or they suck or that Jammy isn't acting a bit like a baby in this thread. But as someone who enjoyed the former culture, I can see where Jammy is coming from.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

this is a bad post

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

This has always been true, on average.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jamuraan posted:

I'm actually trying to not be mean, I think you should stop.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Chic Trombone posted:

this is a bad post

Yea, but do you think it's a SCUM post?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wins32767 posted:

To be fair, there is a wildly different style and approach from when I played last actively (alongside Jammy) and today. There is a lot less words involved in the discussion of cases and motivations and in the couple non-reunion games, a near absence of anything that might once have been called WIFOM (which effectively boils down to trying to reason about what the scum were trying to do). To be clear, that's not to say that I think people have to play differently or they suck or that Jammy isn't acting a bit like a baby in this thread. But as someone who enjoyed the former culture, I can see where Jammy is coming from.

The culture is absolutely different from what it was way back when, even from when I started playing in... I think it was 2011, actually. It's honestly been pretty interesting to watch happen, as someone who currently plays mafia maybe once or twice a year.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Yea, but do you think it's a SCUM post?

getting mad is, indeed, a null tell

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah man like poo poo sucks now but just chill w it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007