Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Update on the previous page!

I know it was folly, but I was hoping you'd manage for a 0 casualties run somehow (Clerks don't count)

On the other hand, I like our new Abnormality and loathe 04, so this worked out pretty well. Farewell, Ishmael. You will be missed. By Yesod and Hod and no one else, probably.

Edit: whoops, page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
04 is great you cretin, how dare you. :colbert:

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of Punishing Bird, I just played and nearly killed a 5 level employee with ALEPH tier gear because I have accidentally sent them to suppress Punishing Bird instead of Doubt. Don't be like me and pay attention to what you order your employees to do :v:

(Also, add me as someone who was convinced to buy the game because of this LP and greatly enjoyed it)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
As belts keep pants from falling, maybe face belts keep the jaw from falling.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Uh, rip Ishmael. I don't know what's more horrifying, that bird, or the clown car scorpion. :stare:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I like that bird. It's got gumption.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I think Punishing Bird is actually pretty good for fortitude training. While it doesn't like instinct work as much as insight it still likes it pretty well, and the red damage makes up for it. Not much real need since we've got Forsaken Murderer in the facility, the best fortitude trainer at Teth level, but as long as you aren't throwing complete newbies with red-weak armor at it, basically anyone can survive instinct work on Punishing Bird.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

in a SSLP you really miss out on the great thwacking noise the bird makes as it dispenses tiny justice

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Magical Girl of Love and Whatever, was fun for a bit, but I was happy when I lost her to a repository reset. Especially after 124 temperance failed to achieve a Good Result. Resulting in death, resulting in day reset.

But her gear is cool. And half her gimmick is cool, but not very workable.

T-01-68 was my first HE. Pretty handy actually, combined with Shy Look as a bootstrap? Also my first breaching abnormality. Much less handy. And looks cool as hell.

Still rooting for TQ to show off how to beat quests without being a huge coward. :D

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It's not cowardice is monsters are literally out to get you

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Best. Bird.

But for real I completely understand why Punishing Bird is a fan favorite. You hear a breach and none of your problem Abnormalities are causing the breach and then you hear the soothing 'bap bap bap bap' of Punishing Bird keeping your agents in line before quietly returning back to its cell. Probably the most soothing breaching anomaly!

Although as much as I really appreciate this LP for showing off the game it kind of undercuts the tension of getting Punishing Bird (or any abnormality) your first time with extremely minimal intel on it. I kind of have the morbid habit of just throwing agents at new Abnormalities to see how they function and how you need to work them fully intending on resetting a handful of times. I reset once to Punishing Bird because I didn't respect the damage it put out while working it while slowly working on getting its intel.

I hadn't quite unlocked all its guidelines by the time it first breached (much to my confusion as to why it had) and just silently watched it with some dread as it flapped down the hallway, into the main room full of agents of various low training levels and...

Bap bap bap.

Bap bap bap.

Glare at the other eventually to be punished agents, flaps back to cell. The sheer absurdity of what I had watched had me giggling, especially combined with first trumpet.

At least I finally get to see what happens when you try to suppress it!

TeeQueue: I did want to ask about that at this point you have no way of getting any of the info on the Ordeals that you're showing off in game as far as I'm aware until (I assume in the same fashion as many of the UI elements have come from) one of the later department's research that I haven't seen as of yet. What made you decide show that info off for the LP?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I think I actually lost agents to bap bap bap, meaning that every time Punishing Bird got out the Control team took the scenic route to visit Yesod.

Thus half my team spent their time running from Angry Bird.

Also the Magical Girl is...a handful and I really wanted to see how you handle her. She's not too bad to suppress if your micro is good, but I hope you didn't need clerks!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
When I was playing if you clicked on an ordeal you got it's info, just like if you click on a breached Abnormality (that you've researched).

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love that the ordeal goes from some creepy clowns to t̷̛͇̝͇̞̱̞̻̙̘͉̙̙̜͂̏̾̀͊͒̀͑̓̌̔̑̃̑͒̋̾́̍͠h̸̢̡̡̤͙̼̗͖͈̫͖͈̣͕̣̉̐́͗͒̾̊̈́̐̇̑̇̿̋͜ͅȩ̵̢̛̛̘͖̞̫̙͕͎͓̰̣͓͇͙̰̝̮̱̦͙̼̹͖̼̟̰͔͒̾̄̈̓̂̎̄̎̐̂̅̒͑̌̊̉͛̂̇̓̍́͗̆̕͠ͅ ̸̧̢͖̘̻͔̗͈͔͕̝̺͎̼̻̀̕ḩ̸̼͚̝͙̲̼̮̲̲͍͇͗̉̇̆͗̐̿̊̏͑̕a̷̡̡̩̝̜̫̺̱͔̽͊̂̒̄͂́̔̐͐̆̃̒̅̑̾̊̃̓̿̒̚͘͘̕͝r̴̢̼̮͇̝̣̠̺̱̘̗̞̞̹͚̜̲̖̩͈̭̭͖̗͔̋͗̉̎̀͗͗͊̐̾̅͑͊̓͑̾̇́̐̊̏̽̚̕̚̕͝͝ͅm̴̨͍̼͚̦̗̪̗̭̗̹̩͕͔̫̟͈̙̤̩͖̬͕̠͓͋̏̀̒̉̌̍͋͗̄̈́͑̈́̏̈́́́̀̏̔͊̓̃̀͒̕̚o̷͙͉͓̺̥͓͆̾̍̎̑͆͒̆̿̓͌̌͐̏̌̎̀̊n̴̨̧̲̫̟̤̝̖̳͚̦̹̰͒͊̓͌̂̓̀̈́̔̇̀̾̕͜ỵ̴̡̰̖̺̭̖̹͈̝̰̞̰̫͔̠͖͕̥͓̦̹̯͕͋̎͛̂͜͜͝ͅ ̸̠̖̫̗̮̯̥̊̈́͐͗̓̓̆̿̄̒͐̀͒͌͂̀̅̎̑̒̇́̔͐͘ǫ̸͈̲̞͕̩̞̦̞͉͚̮̘̳͚̫̮͖̳̪̙͚̊͐̓͋̚͝͝f̴̧̧̜̙̙̝̱̝͍͓̭͖͚͇̥̻̦̖̹̩̥̤̼͉̐͆́͛̽͊̾̆̊̓̅̈́͆̅̈́̉͘͘͝ ̴̛̘̭͆̆́̋͐̐̅̏̋̌́̃̊̊͗̃̓̉̂̍͝s̸̡͚̩̣̫̯̎̋́̃̄͆̏̽̎̒̄́̂̅̓̋́͋̈́̿̌̿̋k̷̗̺͇͚̐̅̇́̿̅̓͒͂͋̎̏̉̂͋̈́̄̐̀̿̔̀̕͠͝ḯ̴̢̨̨͕̺̦̹̪̣͚̳̺̼̫̰̤̲͓͙͇͉͎̱͇̾̽͂̋̅̓̔̅̇̐̇͗̀̽̿̈́͛͐̅̂̈͜n̸̨̢̢̜͖̺͚̤̻̫̲͔̬̻̖̹̣̪̘͔͍̟̾̆̈́̽̈́̈́̅̈́̀͋́̎̉̕͜͝͠͠͝

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

lets hang out posted:

in a SSLP you really miss out on the great thwacking noise the bird makes as it dispenses tiny justice

Punishing Bird :allears:

I'm a little bummed we aren't grabbing 68 since it's so stylish but so it goes.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hell yeah, the magical girls are some of my favorite abnormalities, happy to see them making an appearance here!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tylana posted:

When I was playing if you clicked on an ordeal you got it's info, just like if you click on a breached Abnormality (that you've researched).

When I saw my very first dawn ordeal I clicked on it and it was entirely ???? aside from a name I think? Maybe a picture too. Basically totally useless. Having restarted my playthrough today I clicked on a dawn again and lo and behold now it tells me their resistances at least.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

My goal is to become the one true anime and be Pretty SCP Soldier, Sailor Chinley! In the name of Lobotomy Corp, I will punish you!

You've also done a first for the thread I think TeeQueue. You didn't get me to get Lobotomy Corporation - I have that! - but you DID get me to buy Library of Ruina and oh my god they actually have a budget for this game. A bit sad that Lobotomy Corp suffers from first game syndrome, but it does have a good translation now at least!

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

All I'm hearing is there's an employment vacancy now

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

don't know who made this, found it without source on a russian site

Chinely posted:

My goal is to become the one true anime and be Pretty SCP Soldier, Sailor Chinley! In the name of Lobotomy Corp, I will punish you!

You've also done a first for the thread I think TeeQueue. You didn't get me to get Lobotomy Corporation - I have that! - but you DID get me to buy Library of Ruina and oh my god they actually have a budget for this game. A bit sad that Lobotomy Corp suffers from first game syndrome, but it does have a good translation now at least!

it's great to see after Lobotomy Corp failed its crowdfunding campaign and drove the devs into debt

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah I got library after I beat lobocorp, I’m loving it so much. Can’t wait for more content but thank you TeeQueue!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Goodbye Ishmael.

I think the only spoiler I know about this game is the magical girl.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

A shame we don't see T-01-68 as it is so very stylish.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Hunt11 posted:

I have many memories involving O-01-04 that can basically be summed up as crying and screaming in rage as they got to work wiping everything out.

That's why she's so memorable! :eng101:

SaffronKit posted:

TeeQueue: I did want to ask about that at this point you have no way of getting any of the info on the Ordeals that you're showing off in game as far as I'm aware until (I assume in the same fashion as many of the UI elements have come from) one of the later department's research that I haven't seen as of yet. What made you decide show that info off for the LP?

The ordeal damage resistances just show up the first time you fight them, or at least it always has for me-at the very least I can confirm that there's not a research or anything. Things like HP/move speed/attack damage aren't listed anywhere, so I just made a bunch of cool flash cards for them for easy reference.

lets hang out posted:

don't know who made this, found it without source on a russian site

:lovebird:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TeeQueue posted:

I just made a bunch of cool flash cards for them for easy reference.

Well poo poo, that's pretty neat. Any chance you could make a collective post of all them to link in the OP at some point?

:five:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Because they include a lot of very late game spoilers I’d be doing it around the end of the main game, but I don’t see any reason I can’t just have a bonus update that’s just all the cards in one place for reference once we’ve seen everything.

Assuming we EVER see violet dawn. :geno:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh man I love this game so much!
Tho maybe I should have waited for after catching up before sending an agent... oh wells

This game has fantastic sound design in general. I like leaving a random stream of it as background noise sometimes. The screaming when poo poo inevitably goes wrong is also nice

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TeeQueue posted:

Because they include a lot of very late game spoilers I’d be doing it around the end of the main game, but I don’t see any reason I can’t just have a bonus update that’s just all the cards in one place for reference once we’ve seen everything.

Assuming we EVER see violet dawn. :geno:

Oh I wouldn't want you to post spoilers for anything past what we'v just seen, but an ongoing edited post with all the current cards to date would be something I would shamelessly steal to use for my own game. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

SaffronKit posted:

Oh I wouldn't want you to post spoilers for anything past what we'v just seen, but an ongoing edited post with all the current cards to date would be something I would shamelessly steal to use for my own game. :v:

Well... I didn't have anything planned for the next bonus update, and was going to start skipping them 'til I thought of something interesting anyways. It should be fine if I just say the post will eventually have spoilers for things that are upcoming, probably. :v:

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

If you wanted more topics, there could be a write up for what agent titles mean and how they get them? Or a list? I think they're cool.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ooh, that would be good too. I'll have to update my list to account for the new translation, but it should be easy enough. :abrathink:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hmm... How about legacy content?
Could be neat to take a look at how the game used to work.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 18, 2020

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

In the early game, when you don't have anything really dangerous and meltdowns aren't a threat, is there anything besides tedium stopping you from just grinding until your agents all have 5's across the board?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

In the early game, when you don't have anything really dangerous and meltdowns aren't a threat, is there anything besides tedium stopping you from just grinding until your agents all have 5's across the board?

Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Really poor use of your time with how hard the growth from ZAYINs falls off. Like it might take hours?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
At that point you just mod the game to let you buy 5/5/5/5 agents for 1 LOB.

It's not really needed anyway (I thiiink?) between some upgrades that appear and the option of just spending your daily LOB filling in stat holes.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

...I guess I'm playing wrong by hording LOB huh.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yeah, tbh it's important to realize that LOB is a resource to be used and if you're doing really well you're quickly going to run out of agents you need to hire

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Mechanics Talk 10: Titles

Everyone in the company has one, from the Timid Newbie to Modest Arbitrator. Titles are a group of words that all characters have, which give a tiny boost to their stats. Each title is split into two parts: a prefix and a suffix, and each part gives its own set of bonuses. A level 1 Agent starts with the Newbie suffix and a random level 1 Agent prefix. Level 1 Agent prefixes are all +3 to one stat, with most of them also giving -2 to another stat, while Newbie is a flat +2 to all stats.

At level 2, Newbie becomes Employee, which is mechanically identical to Newbie. At level 3, Agents get a new suffix. These suffixes all give +2 to all stats and +3 to one specific stat-except for Senior, which gives +3 to all stats. At level 4, Agents get a new prefix, which gives +3 to all stats and +5 to a specific stat instead. Finally, level 5 Agents get a new suffix which gives +3 to all stats, and +5 to a single stat-except for Grand Senior, which gives +4 to all stats.

An Agent's initial titles are randomly rolled, while titles gained via level ups are determined by what their highest stats are. The exact mechanics aren't known, but an Agent who primarily trains Prudence will gain Prudence-boosting titles as they level up. In order to get the Senior and Grand Senior titles, all four stats must be more or less even when the Agent levels up, making them difficult to get by accident.

Eventually, we'll see an upgrade to our Agent creation capabilities that starts them at higher than level 1, and when this happens all Agents will start with the suffix of Senior. Grand Senior remains elusive, however-and the easiest way to get Grand Senior is to max out an Agent and throw them to the Mirror of Adjustment. Mirror rerolls titles and uses the current stats as a template for what the titles should be, so with a maxed out Agent you will always get Grand Senior with a random prefix.

A full list of the titles and their boosts are located here, for those playing along who want access to the information.

One final note: Titles are located in the game files in Language>Localize>en>AgentTitle_en as an XML file. This means they can be quite easily edited, in the event that anyone would like to make the game call their Agents silly names for some reason. :getin:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Perhaps the most notable thing about that title list is that Prudent is a Temperance title.

...We have a stat named "Prudence", but Prudent is a title for another stat. Lobotomy Corporation... Sure is a game.