Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Elise's sister's first look is much better than the second one that you get for a dh portrait or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I actually missed the Twin Slices nerf, :lol: that class is just a mess :allears:

Also technically a buff to Odd DH, I guess?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Breezed through the adventure without losing once, except to the loving Mecha Ogre where I died three times lmao. I dunno, he just kept insanely bullshitting me with that hero power. That 5 mana draw three and summon all minions, except in actuality it was "Oops, all 8 mana taunts" without fail. The final fight is like a mega anti-climax compared to some of the others, at least it was for me.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Lots of the adventure bosses this time are weirdly high variance. Fought the one that plays a random lightning-themed spell every time she overloads and it varies all the way from plain old lightning bolt up to the 10 mana spell that makes three 3/5 taunts. First run I got massacred, second time around was an effortless stomp.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

ptroll posted:

Lots of the adventure bosses this time are weirdly high variance. Fought the one that plays a random lightning-themed spell every time she overloads and it varies all the way from plain old lightning bolt up to the 10 mana spell that makes three 3/5 taunts. First run I got massacred, second time around was an effortless stomp.

Same story. She had 6 of those taunts on turn 4.

There's some really fun encounters like escaping the fel storm and the mech orc, but overall is with a boring as hell deck after all the fun dungeon runs.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel like between this and Galakrond's they somehow forgot that the most fun part of the dungeon runs and the like were drafting weird new cards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's really dumb that Mother Shahraz's "counterattack" hero power works when she attacks something.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I hate Aranna's bangs.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yeah, Dungeon Runs were a lot of fun, so I hope they come back. Did they say what the 'challenges' are next week?

As for the adventure deck, yeah it was pretty bland. But it changed frequently throughout the run as far as I could see. It turned more and more Demon Hunter-y as time went on, I guess fitting with the theme. It just so happens that there isn't an interesting variety of Demon Hunter cards in the game right now, they're all pretty...functional, I guess.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Illidan normally bothers the poo poo out of me, but "I was imprisoned for 10,000 years while my brother TOOK A NAP" is a solid line

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
"Druids! The worst!" Got a solid chuckle out of me.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Aranna as a custom hero is the greatest improvement a class has ever seen.
Finally no more VENGEANCE IS MINE four times per turn.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

orangelex44 posted:

I was thinking this adventure was super easy until I ran into Mother Sharaz, and hoooooollllly poo poo. This is awful.

edit: oh, and just for fun you also lose one of your early draws just in case you thought this was too doable

So it gets *harder* than Kanrethad Prime. Cool. :shepicide:

It's really "neat" trying to burn him down when he starts getting a shitload of those 5/5 lifestealers back.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh in the solo content did they just give alt universe Illidan a wife?

Goons Are Great posted:

Brilliant marketing strategy. Release a class with a hero no one likes then release a bundle with a new hero. Profit!

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 18, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

RatHat posted:

Brilliant marketing strategy. Release a class with a hero no one likes then release a bundle with a new hero. Profit!

They need to bundle 10 packs with the "old" cosmetic heroes and retroactively give 10 packs to people who bought them. $1/pack isn't terrible.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's really "neat" trying to burn him down when he starts getting a shitload of those 5/5 lifestealers back.

You might just need to go face more. I beat him on turn 9 first try so he couldn't even use his hero power. These decks are wonky though so I admit I could have just had a good draw.

Shahraz or however you spell it was probably the hardest fight. You have to fight really hard for the board in that one. Lightning naga is a complete crapshoot and took me the longest amount of time just because of the bullshit she can pull off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The fact that they switched away from the Dungeon Run format shut down any motivation I had left to keep tabs on this game. I craved exactly one flavor of roguelite deckbuilder and late-model/LoV buckwild-style Dungeon Run was it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Devo posted:

You might just need to go face more. I beat him on turn 9 first try so he couldn't even use his hero power. These decks are wonky though so I admit I could have just had a good draw.

Shahraz or however you spell it was probably the hardest fight. You have to fight really hard for the board in that one. Lightning naga is a complete crapshoot and took me the longest amount of time just because of the bullshit she can pull off.

It's definitely a draw issue, plus whether or not he gets super lucky with the "draw three and insta-summon any minions" card. The deck they give you is just too light on AoE clears to get through those 5/5 lifesteals and taunts quickly and effectively.

Xarbala posted:

The fact that they switched away from the Dungeon Run format shut down any motivation I had left to keep tabs on this game. I craved exactly one flavor of roguelite deckbuilder and late-model/LoV buckwild-style Dungeon Run was it.

They're giving it away for "free," so they can phone it in this time. -_-

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Why the hell is Knuckles in the Mother Shahraz deck :psyduck:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

TIL Illidan can force Arcane Cannon to attack :mmmhmm:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The story and rhyming sucks.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm fairly happy i play without sound and don't bother reading.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think you're supposed to mill him.

That's what I did and it was a one shot. Like almost half his health with double cold lights in fatigue. I didn't go face at all just tried to keep board and run him out of cards.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

I think you're supposed to mill him.

That's what I did and it was a one shot. Like almost half his health with double cold lights in fatigue. I didn't go face at all just tried to keep board and run him out of cards.

Its pretty obvious you're supposed to mill him. You even get coldlights!

The minute I saw "draw a card" I was like bruh you getting milled hard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

The story and rhyming sucks.

It was okay at the start but some of the later rhymes are really fuckin bad.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The "years and years" line and response is especially cringe.

"What rhymes with years and years"
"IDK why did we even write that? Just match it with years and years and get this thing shipped "

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So here's the image you get for completing the story (it's not really worth a spoiler):

Sharing because it's incredibly jarring that this is the reward you get while Illidan and Aranna are making bad love rhymes at each-other. Also the image is in the same style as previous promotion posters and as far as I know this is the first time its been publicly released (here's the RoS' poster for comparison, also the AoS poster that's been used up until now for contrast).

I'd be fascinated to find out the development of AoO. Guess this is :tinfoil: but between this and the trailer song, I'm thinking DH's were a late addition to AoS that overtook the sets' initial focus.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 18, 2020

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

These rhymes make me nauseous

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Julio Cruz posted:

oh my god Illidan will you just shut up

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Whenever a game goes hard into rhyme it's so bad.

*Glares at Child of Light.*

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm sure the writers just say gently caress it after a while

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

There once was a dwarf with big totems...

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the problem every single single-player adventure has is unskippable dialogue

like I can kind of see why they want you to sit through it the first time but there's literally no reason I shouldn't be able to skip the exact same voice lines after that

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

I think they just changed Illidan's attack sound to a random grunt, at least in the current brawl.

It might be the ultimate dick move to those who bought the bundle just for this. :shepicide:

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 18, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I unironcially did. I never was a fan of Illidan despite following warcraft lore for many years, he was annoying in every book, in warcraft, in wow and most definitely here. The voice lines are annoying as hell, especially the fact that he can't say hello properly and mumbles about some evil poo poo instead and getting a skin for this travesty of a character with proper voice lines was something I was really looking forward to.

If they changed it now I will rage and will make sure that VENGEANCE IS MINE!!

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Altruis hitting face sucks so much

bean_mcbean
May 21, 2006

*** ****** ***!!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'd be fascinated to find out the development of AoO. Guess this is :tinfoil: but between this and the trailer song, I'm thinking DH's were a late addition to AoS that overtook the sets' initial focus.

There's no way that adding DH's were a 'late' addition. More likely the amount of work involved in adding another class took up the budget for really creating an adventure up to scale with the others.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Goons Are Great posted:

The voice lines are annoying as hell, especially the fact that he can't say hello properly and mumbles about some evil poo poo instead...

Every other character: Happy Fire Festival!

Illidan: THE FIRES OF OUR RAGE WILL BURN BRIGHTER THAN THE LEGION ITSELF!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Gok'amok may be the most unfun solo thing I've ever seen. You just get RNG hosed over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so is the Kanrethad Prime PvE boss supposed to suck until next week, because *gently caress* that noise.

Agreed, this boss is such bullshit. Every single game he's played the Draw 3, summon any minion drawn and gets like a 5/7 taunt, a big rush card, and the one demon that discounts a card in his hand every turn. And I get mostly basic Hunter/Rogue cards to deal with that? Maybe, just maybe I can get a mildly overpowered card (IF it's in Outcast position)? gently caress that indeed.

Oh, and sometimes he does that twice in a row.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 18, 2020