Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Phlegmish posted:

Vienna police fine man €500 for 'massive intestinal wind'

Flatulent, hates the police - alright, which one of you was this?

I am Fartacus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Berlin authorities placed children with pedophiles for 30 years

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It is exactly as bad as you imagined when you first read the headline.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Platystemon posted:

It is exactly as bad as you imagined when you first read the headline.

Actually, it's worse

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ :smith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nastyman posted:

Actually, it's worse

I read the headline and thought “wow that makes it sound like they actively worked to place children with people who would abuse them, but surely it’s going to be a case where some children were placed with pedophiles because of a grievous paperwork error and they’re finding out now, thirty years later. That is also within the literal meaning of the headline.”

Then I clicked through to the article and oh god oh no it’s the first one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nastyman posted:

Actually, it's worse

:catstare:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Platystemon posted:

I read the headline and thought “wow that makes it sound like they actively worked to place children with people who would abuse them, but surely it’s going to be a case where some children were placed with pedophiles because of a grievous paperwork error and they’re finding out now, thirty years later. That is also within the literal meaning of the headline.”

Then I clicked through to the article and oh god oh no it’s the first one.

Yeah clickbait has made me jump to far less conclusions when reading headlines so I assumed this had to be a case of not vetting the adopting families nearly well enough. Turned out to be a hell of a lot more blatant.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Phlegmish posted:

Vienna police fine man €500 for 'massive intestinal wind'

Flatulent, hates the police - alright, which one of you was this?

In some places, it's treason.

Whooping Crabs has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Jun 17, 2020

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Shugojin posted:

Ted's just upset that he wasn't in the running because no one thinks he's a human being

Just remember, JJ knew about and did not report that some of his wrestlers were getting molested by other staff.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1272916117619687424?s=21

:patriot:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is he driving a popup

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Didn't this happen months ago? I remember it being widely reported.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Do you want to go back to the previous item ITT? :gonk:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is he driving a popup

that's the meat of the story, yeah

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This horny boy enters his well deserved retirement.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Finally, I can stop laying around and loving 24/7"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/fraxiashley/status/1273254958817837057

https://twitter.com/sky_traffic/status/1273208624740028416

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

While I'll readily agree that Timtams are too expensive I got the impression that the UK has shortages of more urgent things, medicines for example.

I'm glad to learn that everything is just terrific and no limey has any worries beyond their tea time assortment.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

By popular demand posted:

While I'll readily agree that Timtams are too expensive I got the impression that the UK has shortages of more urgent things, medicines for example.

I'm glad to learn that everything is just terrific and no limey has any worries beyond their tea time assortment.
Are you kidding, if the isles are worried about biscuit supply that is like 3x Mad Maxes. English society as we know it has already ended if the biscuits are gone.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

zedprime posted:

Are you kidding, if the isles are worried about biscuit supply that is like 3x Mad Maxes. English society as we know it has already ended if the biscuits are gone.
Ireland is very worried what will happen if the UK realises we also have biscuits :ohdear:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was curious to see which resource would officially turn the UK into an EU vassal state, but I wasn't expecting it to be biscuits.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

I always thought that the calendar ended when it did was because some bureaucrat realized that his subordinate was still extending the calendar out, asked him how far ahead he was, and said "Holy poo poo, that's far enough, go work on something else".

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

This guy fucks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Turn on your monitor!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lucid Nonsense posted:

I always thought that the calendar ended when it did was because some bureaucrat realized that his subordinate was still extending the calendar out, asked him how far ahead he was, and said "Holy poo poo, that's far enough, go work on something else".
It's not even that, it's just that December 21, 2012 was their equivalent of 31/12/999 (except in base 20 e: and with a 360 day year and starting from a few thousand years BC)

Bunch of weirdos: "AAAA IT'S THE APOCALYPSE"
Actual modern day Mayan calendar user: *stares excitedly at the world's mileage counter waiting for the rollover, buys a novelty mug*

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Jun 17, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If Mayan culture still exists, you can bet a lot of them are going to use the 21/12/2012 excuse to buy a sports car or get their crush to gently caress them or something.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The MSJ posted:

If Mayan culture still exists, you can bet a lot of them are going to use the 21/12/2012 excuse to buy a sports car or get their crush to gently caress them or something.
While fact checking my half remembered well actually post I discovered it's still in use in some places. Not sure how mayany said places consider themselves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You used to have to junk most worlds by the time the counter rolled over, but nowadays they often last another cycle or longer as long as you keep up on the maintenance :sweatdrop:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Are we really sure the world didn't end in 2012? Like really sure?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Maya, as an ethnic group, definitely still exist. There are millions of them. I doubt they use this ancient calendar in their daily lives, but who knows.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The origin of the Mayan calender is basically the Mayan gods like to delete the old save game that got too boring and start a fresh one. I think the one that ended in 2012 was like the 4th one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Things have gotten a lot more interesting since 2012, just not in a good way.
:supaburn:

Anyone got a backup savegame?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

zedprime posted:

Are we really sure the world didn't end in 2012? Like really sure?

Honestly? No, not really.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bro I know 20 years is nothing for God, but why are you still using a CRT monitor

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Bro I know 20 years is nothing for God, but why are you still using a CRT monitor

Better motion resolution and no display lag, duh

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

What kind of savage doesn't bind Quicksave to F5 and Quickload to F9?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GrossMurpel posted:

What kind of savage doesn't bind Quicksave to F5 and Quickload to F9?

What kind of idiot doesn't have manual saves to go back to when they inevitably hit the wrong button or realise they hosed up before their last save?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Could God create a game so bad that it only has one quicksave slot and no autosaves? Theologoons have been debating this for years