Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I finally started playing Bloodborne for the first time. I know there's not accounting for taste, but I'm surprised there's a rift between a lot of people about whether they like Bloodborne or Dark Souls - they're both so good in such similar ways. Dark Souls is my favorite game, and this game is really close.

The little thing in Bloodborne is the difficulty pacing. In Dark Souls, it feels like the difficulty is front-loaded, because as you get more familiar with the game, the dungeons generally become more predictable and manageable. I do like that about Dark Souls - you get better, so the game feels more under control. But Bloodborne, every time I think I'm past the worst of it, it just gets worse. I finally get out of Cainhurst, and end up on the nightmare frontier, where I die to big brain creatures while being poisoned and frenzied simultaneously over and over. I get past that, and now I'm in a cathedral with 8 super wolf monsters and several brain suckers. Beat that, and it's the Nightmare of Mensis - and there, it's like, I have to fight so hard for every inch of progress.

So I don't love living through it now, but I can appreciate that this game kept getting harder, even relative to me getting better at it.

Also, several pages ago, people were talking about FF7R's excessive grunting and someone wondered how much worse it was with Japanese audio. I played Japanese the first time through and English the 2nd, and it's amazingly actually worse in English. I can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Once you've made it through Bloodborne, try starting a whole new game. You will be astonished at the slaughter machine you've become.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You know how sometimes you play a game or watch a show, and at some point towards the end one character will turn to the MC and go "you've changed", and you're sitting there wondering 'changed? but they act exactly the same!' because the writers were too lazy to actually show any character growth?

Well, one thing I'm really liking about Hack GU is that they actually show Haseo's changes in multiple ways, and it's really cool! When at volume 3 someone tells him 'you've changed', you'll immediately agree (well, if you've played the previous volumes anyway).

At the start of volume 1, after the tutorial, Haseo is a painfully huge edgelord. He doesn't care about anyone or anything besides his goal. He wants the ultimate MMO power to achieve his anime MMO goals and would stop at nothing to gain it.

A lot changes by volume 3. For instance, the first time he joins the arena, it's just because the current champion called him a loser and he got really mad about it. Sure, in the end it helped the main plot effort (as much as he almost screws it all up), but that's certainly not why he joined in. Meanwhile, in later volumes he joins for much less selfish reasons.

When doing plot-mandated quests in volumes 1 and 2, it's clear Haseo sees it as a waste of time and just wants to get them over with. In volume 3, he actually plays along happily and, god forbid, actually seems to have fun.

The game gives your class more abilities by letting you do Job Extensions, which are like class-advancement. The first 2 times the accompanying upgraded looks make him look more and more edgier (the 3rd form is like 90% spikes/spines/claws, and unlocks the use of scythes for extra edge), but the final one you get changes completely to something that wasn't dreamed up by Darkedge the Edgehog, which removes the weird dichotomy that's developed between the way he acts now and the way he looked.

I could possibly think of more things, but perhaps my favorite way they show his character growth (which was so painful, going through all his assholishness, thinking maybe this time he's becoming better only for him to fall back again, multiple times), is that right now I had a plot point where he's told that the way to beat the Anime MMO big threat that could destroy the real world because Anime is to... give up all his power. And he immediately catches on as to what he's being asked to do, and more importantly, clearly has zero problems with complying. By this point he really doesn't care about any "power", and just wants everyone to be happy and safe. If he reacted this way to being told to give up his powers in volume 1 it wouldn't make any sense, but by now it does. It's pretty awesome.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's an even bigger contrast - just because you brought up the arena scenes and it reminded me right away - when Haseo first joins the arena he literally wants to cheat just so he can win. He doesn't even want to play fair, he wants to use his special anime powers to bullshit it all so he can go fight the guy who called him a loser and then cheat to beat him, too. He's down for being an rear end in a top hat just so he can say he's the strongest person in an MMO; but by the time you reach the third game he's absolutely not someone who would want to do that poo poo.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nuebot posted:

It's an even bigger contrast - just because you brought up the arena scenes and it reminded me right away - when Haseo first joins the arena he literally wants to cheat just so he can win. He doesn't even want to play fair, he wants to use his special anime powers to bullshit it all so he can go fight the guy who called him a loser and then cheat to beat him, too. He's down for being an rear end in a top hat just so he can say he's the strongest person in an MMO; but by the time you reach the third game he's absolutely not someone who would want to do that poo poo.

It's even more extreme than that because he's specifically told that it's extremely dangerous to use his anime powers on people without said powers. Like, put them in a coma or outright kill them dangerous and he STILL is chomping at the bit to use them.

The other great game that does something similar is Tales of the Abyss In which Luke starts the game as an enormous rear end in a top hat and, by the end, is a completely different person. Depending on your choices, possibly literally :v:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

My Lovely Horse posted:

Once you've made it through Bloodborne, try starting a whole new game. You will be astonished at the slaughter machine you've become.

A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream!

Incredibly, the DLC is even harder than the main game, with so many other hunters around that I was floored at the idea that I could even get past the first area, but eventually I managed it until I got to the boss, got curb stomped a thousand times until I beat him, somehow managed to defeat Maria on my first attempt in what was the most intense fight I’ve experienced in the whole series, got stomped a million more times by the last two bosses until I took them down, too, and then did NG+ and utterly wrecked everything like some sort of god of violence

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Jun 17, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Mad Max was twice as big as it needed to be but I do like how every detail and mechanic speaks a lot about of Max's character and his world:
  • How does Max regain health? Either by eating a can of dog-food or feasting on the maggots that sprout on human corpses.

• What arsenal does Max carry? Nothing more than a shotgun, a shiv, and his fists.

• What happens when Max falls when a non-lethal height? He walks it off but limps on his bad leg.

• You don't just unlock new skills and higher stats when you level up, you also get new beards to choose from.

• Your car can actually run out of gas in this game, because of course this is a world where gas is something you beat people to death over like cavemen.

• All the collectibles Max finds are everyday mementos that he describes with resigned melancholy.

I liked this game because it executed every derivative mechanic in the Tomb Raider games with far more care. Mad Max knows its main character is a tragic, deeply-disturbed man who constantly finds himself in a cycle of revenge and suffering. Tomb Raider tries to play Lara as an innocent ingenue hero despite her massive body-count, which makes her come across as a sociopath despite the creator's intentions.

I think if an open-world game doesn't have a customize-able avatar then the character you do play should have as much expression as possible that's relayed though the game's mechanics, not just the story.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot to bring that part up, because the fact he cheated gets brought up multiple times and... yeah, he loving cheated. When I was playing the first volume I was even extra annoyed by it because all the arena fights up to with the campion were supremely easy and non-threatening even without resorting to cheating, but then the cutscene takes over and welp, they're strings of 1-2 damage attacks just can't be beat! Better bring out the cheat guns!

I wasn't even over-leveled or anything, maybe it was there to show me also just how eager he was to cheat like the poo poo he was, looking for any excuse and making one up when he can't find one. At least the champion fight actually was really dangerous and when the cutscene took over and he goes 'this is boring' I completely got it because he was chumping me effortlessly.

e: at least even when he's a complete rear end in a top hat, I don't think he ever once denies that he cheated when called on it, I might be forgetting a scene though

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

food court bailiff posted:

The Vita was awesome, you dorks. Sony mismanaged it to hell but it’s still a rad little handheld, and that OLED screen was insane in 2012.
:hmmyes:

Also if Vita games are finally getting ports to other systems, someone port Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars too :argh:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Kit Walker posted:

A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream!

Incredibly, the DLC is even harder than the main game, with so many other hunters around that I was floored at the idea that I could even get past the first area, but eventually I managed it until I got to the boss, got curb stomped a thousand times until I beat him, somehow managed to defeat Maria on my first attempt in what was the most intense fight I’ve experienced in the whole series, got stomped a million more times by the last two bosses until I took them down, too, and then did NG+ and utterly wrecked everything like some sort of god of violence

I swear the Orphan of Kos is actually somehow psychic, it doesn't seem like it's cheating when I'm fighting it but oof if I can ever kill it.

U.T. Raptor posted:

:hmmyes:

Also if Vita games are finally getting ports to other systems, someone port Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars too :argh:

Honestly I just want them to port PSOne Classics over to the PS4/PS5, I have a few on there that work on the Vita that inexplicably don't exist in the PS3 version of the store so I can't play them there (Mega Man Legends 2, I'm looking at you). And Soul Sacrifice Delta.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with your post but your avatar text about Brigador is some really excitingly terrible stuff

e: This isn't the steam thread

RBA Starblade has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Jun 17, 2020

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I swear the Orphan of Kos is actually somehow psychic, it doesn't seem like it's cheating when I'm fighting it but oof if I can ever kill it.

One of the hardest bosses out there is a big fetus man who beats you to death with his placenta arm and I think that rules

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always like when characters have really petty revenges, like in Ni No Kuni 2. Evan gets booted off the throne of his kingdom and narrowly escapes death. At any point does he march back with overwhelming power and take it back? No. He builds a stronger kingdom, then allies with the dickhead that overthrew him before after allying with every other kingdom that exists. Then his late father shows up as a force ghost and apologises to the dickhead for making him feel like he wasn't respected. It's just everything piling on to make the guy realise just how much of an rear end in a top hat he was, then they let him keep the kingdom because the guy he overthrew has a better one anyway, and guts it by poaching the dickheads best citizens and giving them better jobs with him. The guy has lost everything, the love of his people, his best citizens, his moral highground, his authority as Evan's basically his boss now. It's so thorough it's brilliant.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with your post but your avatar text about Brigador is some really excitingly terrible stuff

Huh yeah what's that all about

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BioEnchanted posted:

I always like when characters have really petty revenges

I love the overall plot arc in the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC.

"Hey, I need to go into the forbidden area, it's really important."

"No! Only the chief of the tribe may enter the forbidden area!"

*becomes chief of the tribe*

"Now can I go to the forbidden area?"

"...yes."

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Kit Walker posted:

One of the hardest bosses out there is a big fetus man who beats you to death with his placenta arm and I think that rules

i'd just like to emphasize part of this post

he will beat you to death with his placenta arm

this is an insanely hard fight against a literal baby and to make matters worse all the sounds he makes will scare every dog in the neighborhood so wear headphones but it's all worth it in the end when you get a 30 second epilogue that explains literally nothing

edit:

if it's phase 1 you're having trouble with, you can charge up backstabs to stagger him then repeatedly tear out his spine, if it's phase 2 you're having trouble with, one of his 2 "jumps up real high and then wrecks you" moves doesn't actually land on top of you if you just stay relatively still, I got in the habit of running in tight little circles for showmanship points for that one, also the lightning move in phase 2 is a lot more predictable than it seems if you can keep an eye on it just be careful dodging it because it has a hitbox the size of a dumptruck

blatman has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Jun 17, 2020

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BioEnchanted posted:

I always like when characters have really petty revenges, like in Ni No Kuni 2. Evan gets booted off the throne of his kingdom and narrowly escapes death. At any point does he march back with overwhelming power and take it back? No. He builds a stronger kingdom, then allies with the dickhead that overthrew him before after allying with every other kingdom that exists. Then his late father shows up as a force ghost and apologises to the dickhead for making him feel like he wasn't respected. It's just everything piling on to make the guy realise just how much of an rear end in a top hat he was, then they let him keep the kingdom because the guy he overthrew has a better one anyway, and guts it by poaching the dickheads best citizens and giving them better jobs with him. The guy has lost everything, the love of his people, his best citizens, his moral highground, his authority as Evan's basically his boss now. It's so thorough it's brilliant.

Well, the bastard has a good reason for what he did: turns out treating an entire subset of your citizens like an underclass is kind of a lovely thing to do..

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Mad Max was twice as big as it needed to be but I do like how every detail and mechanic speaks a lot about of Max's character and his world:
  • How does Max regain health? Either by eating a can of dog-food or feasting on the maggots that sprout on human corpses.

• What arsenal does Max carry? Nothing more than a shotgun, a shiv, and his fists.

• What happens when Max falls when a non-lethal height? He walks it off but limps on his bad leg.

• You don't just unlock new skills and higher stats when you level up, you also get new beards to choose from.

• Your car can actually run out of gas in this game, because of course this is a world where gas is something you beat people to death over like cavemen.

• All the collectibles Max finds are everyday mementos that he describes with resigned melancholy.

I liked this game because it executed every derivative mechanic in the Tomb Raider games with far more care. Mad Max knows its main character is a tragic, deeply-disturbed man who constantly finds himself in a cycle of revenge and suffering. Tomb Raider tries to play Lara as an innocent ingenue hero despite her massive body-count, which makes her come across as a sociopath despite the creator's intentions.

I think if an open-world game doesn't have a customize-able avatar then the character you do play should have as much expression as possible that's relayed though the game's mechanics, not just the story.

I would love if the game was just 25% smaller. I'm one of those obsessive collectors in games like this and this game is overwhelming in terms of tons of tons of just the same stuff. After the first two main areas, everything just feels very repetitive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

I love the overall plot arc in the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC.

"Hey, I need to go into the forbidden area, it's really important."

"No! Only the chief of the tribe may enter the forbidden area!"

*becomes chief of the tribe*

"Now can I go to the forbidden area?"

"...yes."

I just realized that Aloy accomplishes everything in Horizon Zero Dawn via Air Bud rules.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Morpheus posted:

Well, the bastard has a good reason for what he did: turns out treating an entire subset of your citizens like an underclass is kind of a lovely thing to do..

No excuse though given he ends up doing the same thing just the other way around.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Jun 17, 2020

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

youknowthatoneguy posted:

I would love if the game was just 25% smaller. I'm one of those obsessive collectors in games like this and this game is overwhelming in terms of tons of tons of just the same stuff. After the first two main areas, everything just feels very repetitive.

The map by itself I think is fine, it gives you a sense of end of the world and isolation. Shame that the game ended being rush-job towards the end, and probably one full act and numerous features hit the cutting room floor or were left as placeholder to cut QA needed to remove them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Shadowrun Returns. You've just saved the city of Seattle (for the moment, from one particular threat). One of the more powerful people in the world has decided that he owes you a favor. One option you can select? Getting a corrupt, pain in the rear end cop who's been hassling you for the whole game fired.

It's so hilariously petty, and the best part is the guy who owes you decides that that doesn't count, pick another.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Robert J. Omb posted:

Terminator: Resistance

This game is janky, broken in places, looks & plays like it was made for the last console generation, has at least one awkwardly-unexpectedly-hilarious sex scene, is repetitive and is repetitive.

Yet I played it to completion, earned all the achievements and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I guess, rather than saying what the Little Thing is, I’m asking if anyone else knows?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVEpyXTIGg

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I know I'm the idiot for caring about achievements at all but the AC Origins ones are frustrating as hell. Most of them are actually quite doable, but then there's two rather sadistic ones in there: one for completing every single area, which totals around 400 and is a massive, uninteresting time sink, and then another for seeing a specific mirage. Mirages happen when you're wandering the dessert during the day, but that's it; there's no other specific trigger for them and which one you get is entirely randomized. You could get lucky and snag it in a few minutes just while heading somewhere else, or you can spend hours wandering around a blank empty dessert and not get it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Morpheus posted:

I do love that at the start of the game when the MC president shows up he instantly groks that yes, despite the crazy fantasy poo poo going on that he's in the middle of an uprising and attempted assassination of the current rulers of this place and immediately starts blasting saturday morning cartoon animal guys with a loving glock with almost zero gear-shifting required. I just wish the game had kinda stuck with that a bit more.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The trophy for finishing Days Gone is called Days Done :haw:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RBA Starblade posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Huh yeah what's that all about

I genuinely don't know anything about Brigador or its dev, nor have I ever posted about it (and usually don't even go to games) so it's just a weird driveby using my posts as a billboard. I don't care enough either way to spend five bucks to replace it either way, honestly.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Retro Futurist posted:

I know I'm the idiot for caring about achievements at all but the AC Origins ones are frustrating as hell. Most of them are actually quite doable, but then there's two rather sadistic ones in there: one for completing every single area, which totals around 400 and is a massive, uninteresting time sink, and then another for seeing a specific mirage. Mirages happen when you're wandering the dessert during the day, but that's it; there's no other specific trigger for them and which one you get is entirely randomized. You could get lucky and snag it in a few minutes just while heading somewhere else, or you can spend hours wandering around a blank empty dessert and not get it.

I feel ya man. Going from place to place, trying to clear every one of those question marks, oof. By the end of the game I just turned it down to the easiest setting so I could walk into a fort, draw the attention of every soldier in a mile radius, kill em all and be done with the place as fast as possible.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah and also one of the 400+ locations you need to clear doesn't show up on your map you just have to find it. Fun!

grinnard
Apr 10, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm just starting AC Origins (played Odyssey first) and I didn't know about mirages - this sounds cool!

Why would you put yourself through that grind though? Like do you literally not have any other games to play that are more interesting than completing 400 generic copy paste forts? I can see "challenging" achievements based on skills be fun to work at, but gently caress grinding

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
But cheevos!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I liked messing around with Bayek so every few days/weeks I returned to the game for a few hours and just spent some time helping his people and clearing locations, after a few weeks I was down to a manageable amount of remaining locations so I decided to finish them off and got the last trophies - at that level you'll clear out the forts etc. super fast, the biggest thing is travel time. Focusing on clearing the map from the beginning would be madness, though.

And in Odyssey I didn't even bother anymore. Clear whatever is in my way or what the quest wants me to clear, move on to the next island/quest because I already did it in one game, that's enough.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Samuringa posted:

The trophy for finishing Days Gone is called Days Done :haw:

PYF Videogame Achievement

Portal 2: The Part Where He Kills You :This Is it for reaching Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You
Also Portal 2: Lunacy: That Just Happened for beating the final boss

Gunpoint: At the end of the game you can admit that you probably killed more people than you were trying to avenge, and you get Acknowledged Ludonarrative Dissonance : "Notice the story doesn’t necessarily gel with the mechanics. Become qualified games journalist."

AC3: Getting to the twist reveal about Haytham awards you "How D'Ya Like Them Apples?" and I love the audacity of the devs patting themselves on the back for their shock twist during their shock twist.

All the Stanley Parable achievements, but especially the Unachievable one, which may or may not be unachieveable: https://www.themutegamer.com/guide/the-stanley-parable/unachievable-achievement/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In Bioshock 2 there's a trophy called 9-Irony for using TK and a golf club to knock off the head of any Andrew Ryan animatronic at the amusement park.

This is itself a double reference, both to Ryan's fate and to the Bioshock 1 achievement Irony for taking a picture of Sander Cohen's corpse after fighting him.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
There was one in the Simpsons game called "Worst Achievement Ever" with an image of the comic book guy, you got it for pressing start at the title screen to start playing the game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

One of the Cabellas Dangerous Hunts games (the one about getting revenge on a bear for killing your friend, not the one where the wrong son dies during a hunting trip) has Buffalowned

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's not an achievement, but the Hero of Santa Fortuna challenge in Hitman 2 is pretty great. The game has mission stories, which are basically a series of events/actions you can follow that will end up providing an opportunity to get really close to a target. The mission stories usually end right before you eliminate them. The Hero of Santa Fortuna challenge makes you do all the Santa Fortuna mission stories... but not actually kill the targets.

Perform a cleansing ritual on a construction site as a local shaman! But don't activate the hose of the cement truck so that it blasts a target into a pit.
Find the replacement part for a machine used to make cocaine! But don't push a target into it as they check it out.
Disguise yourself as the tattoo artist and go to the drug cartel kingpin to work on a cover-up tattoo! And actually finish the tattoo instead of jamming the needle deep into his neck.

They do a similar thing in the Whittleton Creek mission with the challenge Elderly Assistance. But in this case the tasks are much simpler and involve making an old man's day. Make him a cup of tea. Get him a muffin. Listen to his story when you turn on the gramophone in his house. Hand him a pack of cigarettes, since his main caretaker keeps taking them away. Escort him as he goes over to his neighbor's house to talk to the lady making the muffins for the locals. It's very :3:

...for half a minute. Because that old man is still one of your targets.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:38 on Jun 18, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Gunpoint: At the end of the game you can admit that you probably killed more people than you were trying to avenge, and you get Acknowledged Ludonarrative Dissonance : "Notice the story doesn’t necessarily gel with the mechanics. Become qualified games journalist."

Also Gunpoint: "Title Finally Relevant - Help justify my early, not entirely wise choice of game name by holding someone at gunpoint with the Resolver."

And there's one called "Alright, Have One! Just Stop!" In the game you can punch an enemy once to knock them out or twice to kill them, but you can just keep punching them after that as many times as you like. The game reacts with a series of messages that get increasingly horrified as you keep going, one of which tells you that there's not even an achievement for doing this and another, a short while later, that "relents" and gives you an achievement in a final attempt to get you to stop.

It's a very good and funny game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That reminds me of the bit in the original Sam & Max where you can keep giving Sam infeasible commands and he'll go from the usual adventure game response of "That won't work" to "no really, that won't work" and eventually has a mental breakdown, for which Max chastises you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Undertale only has achievements on one platform, the PS4.

But it's fine, Toby Fox definitely understands how to do achievements.