Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

Don't feel bad about needing help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

An enormous thank you to Plinkey and the other beautiful goon I don't know the username of, you two wonderful souls have allowed me to at least have a parachute and literally not be on the street today.

I cannot thank you enough, you don't know what this means to me.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

An enormous thank you to Plinkey and the other beautiful goon I don't know the username of, you two wonderful souls have allowed me to at least have a parachute and literally not be on the street today.

I cannot thank you enough, you don't know what this means to me.

:glomp:

glad to help, goons are the best

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

E: Eh I don't know what is going on

timefly has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Jun 18, 2020

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
It's getting loving dark and scary as poo poo out there these days.

I've tripled my monthly donation, I'm lucky to have the money to give.

Keep helping people Plinkey, poo poo is plenty hosed and we need good people like you to help shepherd people through it.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
The first time I asked Plinkey for help I felt so ashamed and like I didn’t deserve the help. The second time I needed emergency help for pain meds when I had just a handful of change in my bank account and Plinkey saved my life.

Basically: thank you to everyone donating, extra thank you to Plinkey for running this and all the crap you have to deal with. And to goons like me who are embarrassed to reach out or feel like you don’t deserve the help for whatever reason: YOU DO. Everyone needs help once in a while and Plinkey is patient and nice, just do it. Get help, and don’t worry about people judging you because I promise no one in this thread is judging you.

Also the world sucks right now. You’re not a bad person for asking for help.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Peeps, don't let deep-seated indoctrination of bullshit protestant bootstrapping make you feel embarrassed for needing help. In a healthy society, this type of assistance would be an assumed truth, not some dark shameful secret. In the absence of functioning/caring governments community resilience is essential, and this is one way our little digital poo poo hole here can mimic real, physical, communities, and do real, physical, good.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

If it wasn't for these two kind souls I would've spent 2, maybe 3 nights literally homeless. I cannot say enough how much this saved my loving rear end.
As for the situation, it got somewhat resolved in that I have a roof over my head and we seem to have patched it up for now. But I'm gonna have to consider some serious planning of CYA because I'm not sure if this will hold.
But I digress. I love you goons.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, at the moment I'm having a bit of a medical issue that, at best, will require some tests that I can't afford, for what is looking like a growth or tumor in my head. I've asked Plinkey for help a couple times before, and I know the mantra and all

Siegkrow posted:

Don't feel bad about needing help.

but I can't quite help it. For right now I've set up a paypal.me account that if any generous goons might be able to help with, I would hugely appreciate it. I'm doing my best not to freak out right now but man, having something physically inside my head that I can't even begin to do poo poo about is giving me some major panic attacks. I know it's not the most formal thing in the world, but I don't want to put up a GFM until like I get a better view of the costs beyond a vague 'tests and maybe an MRI'.

I know I shouldn't but I still feel compelled to apologize anyways. And give appreciation, because it's all I can do right now.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender
A lot is going on right now, but this thread and the fund have been an unambiguously great thing, and I hope they continue regardless of what may happen to SA. Plinkey, please update this thread with links to whichever communities or offsites you will be part of.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
plinkey@stanknuts.com

Plinkey#8085

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
Upped my donation. You now get what Lowtax doesn't anymore. I hope that SA survives (without Tax) but I hope more that Plinkey can keep doing this even if SA burns down around us.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ok Comboomer posted:

Hi. I'm longtime D&Dhead Ok Comboomer. I just got hit with a car repair bill that's about a thousand bucks more than I expected or can afford. I've just about exhausted my school stipend for the next two months, and any help would be deeply appreciated.

smarxist posted:

post your venmo/paypal and hit up plinkmeister friend

there might be some individuals who can chip in, and idk if plinkey has 2 whole grand but i'm sure he can help w/ something

Hey goons-- Plinkey helped me out with some extremely appreciated food/pharmacy money two weeks ago (Thank you again, dude! You're a literal lifesaver). I never got around to making that PayPal link and then the forums blew up and now seems like a weirdly difficult and inopportune time to ask for more help. However the end of June approaches and I need a bit more help to see me through until the end of July.

I've been able to work out a solution with my biggest expenses (rent and car repair) but it still leaves me with utilities, food (again), and other incidentals (gas, etc). (Massive thank you to everybody who helped, I'm taking this link down because of ongoing forums instability and because there are probably goons who need more help than I right now)

Any help at all means the loving world. Goons rule, no matter what happens to these forums, dead and gay as they are.

trilobite terror has issued a correction as of 20:31 on Jun 28, 2020

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Ok Comboomer posted:

Hey goons-- Plinkey helped me out with some extremely appreciated food/pharmacy money two weeks ago (Thank you again, dude! You're a literal lifesaver). I never got around to making that PayPal link and then the forums blew up and now seems like a weirdly difficult and inopportune time to ask for more help. However the end of June approaches and I need a bit more help to see me through until the end of July.

I've been able to work out a solution with my biggest expenses (rent and car repair) but it still leaves me with utilities, food (again), and other incidentals (gas, etc). So with all that said, here's a PayPal.me link.

Any help at all means the loving world. Goons rule, no matter what happens to these forums, dead and gay as they are.

poo poo happens and the hardest part is deciding your problems are worth asking for help over.

Gonna send a few bucks your way once PayPal finishes taking its sweet time loving verifying my address.

THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE! YOU ARE WORTH IT! THIS COMMUNITY HELPS ITS OWN WITH AN ALMOST VIOLENT WILL ONCE ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE AWARE! AND VIRTUALLY ANYONE WILLING TO SHOW HUMILITY AND ENGAGE IS ONE OF US! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A HAVE A SPECIAL STORY OR "EXTREME" CIRCUMSTANCES JUST TO SAY "please, I need a little help."

There a ton of us and our backgrounds and experiences contain multitudes. Someone will identify with you no matter who you are or what you have going on. Just ask.

Saying "I need help" should never be difficult. It is, obviously, but it shouldn't be.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, at the moment I'm having a bit of a medical issue that, at best, will require some tests that I can't afford, for what is looking like a growth or tumor in my head. I've asked Plinkey for help a couple times before, and I know the mantra and all

but I can't quite help it. For right now I've set up a paypal.me account that if any generous goons might be able to help with, I would hugely appreciate it. I'm doing my best not to freak out right now but man, having something physically inside my head that I can't even begin to do poo poo about is giving me some major panic attacks. I know it's not the most formal thing in the world, but I don't want to put up a GFM until like I get a better view of the costs beyond a vague 'tests and maybe an MRI'.

I know I shouldn't but I still feel compelled to apologize anyways. And give appreciation, because it's all I can do right now.

Ok Comboomer posted:

I've been able to work out a solution with my biggest expenses (rent and car repair) but it still leaves me with utilities, food (again), and other incidentals (gas, etc). So with all that said, here's a PayPal.me link.

Sent you goons a few bucks. Hope it helps, sorry it's so little.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

I've seen goatse more in the last 2 days than I've seen in my entire life. Also got a taste of beecock and tubgirl. I don't want to see this poo poo. The person trying to take control literally has a dumb goatse meme in his message. I think I'm done.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Apparently getting a lump sum payment from the government and then giving some of it to charity constitutes "suspicious activity" according to the bank that handles my prepaid card account.

Awesome :confused:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
This might not be the right thread, but I worked briefly January 2nd to March 15th (contract employment). I applied for unemployment but it was rejected.

Are there any other resources I can get besides unemployment? I can't find a loving job and live with my disabled mom.

I know I can go to the food bank, is there anything else?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

This might not be the right thread, but I worked briefly January 2nd to March 15th (contract employment). I applied for unemployment but it was rejected.

Are there any other resources I can get besides unemployment? I can't find a loving job and live with my disabled mom.

I know I can go to the food bank, is there anything else?

Have you tried appealing the decision? What was the rejection reason?

Are your mother's materials secured right now or was she relying on some of your income? Is she taking advantage of all programs for disabled/low income people? (Section 8 type stuff, energy bill reductions, etc)

Search for your state's SNAP and other benefits website, usually you can fill out all your information once and it'll check every program in the state / city to see what you're eligible for benefit wise. You might be able to get a few months of SNAP or other assistance.

What kind of work do you do? Have any CSR or phones experience?

https://www.ratracerebellion.com is a work from home jobs blog, legit real jobs not survey and email bullshit. most of them are inbound call center jobs for tech support, appointment settings, or sales/service, but they start at pretty decent pay and usually have benefits. even during COVID they're hiring like crazy because they're WFH employers, may be worth checking it out, I just got a new job through there recently with an Apple program

Don't be afraid to ask friends and family for help, especially if they're more comfortable and willing, also goons and this thread are here to help as much as we can

You'll be okay comrade :hai:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Thanks my friend. I will look into those and I'll also try appealing the decision.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
ALWAYS appeal the rejection on unemployment. the first round they dont do any sort of validation and just ask the company and take their word for it so rejections are common.

on the appeal they get a little more into it and are much more likely to turn it around.

america.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my wife just got her unemployment benefits yoinked today. I tried to get into the system back in march but it hosed up and we were doing ok and I was making some money with buttons and she got hers and I procrastinated and I should have done it but I didn't. Can I still apply for benefits that I was eligible for? Because I really did lose my (lovely) job because of covid-19 - I got covid-19 very early on in march, and didn't go back to work afterwards because it had been 3 weeks and etc etc. But I am 100% sure I should have gone ahead and gotten them. I have been stopping myself from doing so now for like loving weeks because my anxiety keeps screaming at me that I'm a fuckup for not doing it sooner and now I'm afraid it's too late and it probably is. Does anyone have any advice? Or can anyone help me out with this? I'm in mississippi, if it matters. Quite frankly I'm feeling mentally and emotionally overwhelmed as gently caress by this and I shouldn't need help to this poo poo but I honestly do. If anyone out there can lend a hand I would really appreciate it. Even if it's just to tell me "no, you can't get poo poo, here's why" so I can at least know for sure. buttons are our only income now and I am terrified and anxious and kinda floundering. Thanks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I would apply, but getting it back dated to March will be a challenge, the state usually has a small list of reasons they allow you to back date, it'd be worth your time to try and get it done though for sure, that's money on the table mang.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So a bit of an update on my last post, test results came back and it's looking malignant, I've had a bit of time to cope with it and now me and my doc are talking options, but due to literally everyone swarming into medical facilities now that we've hit this ~soft open~ or whatever we're calling this stage of pandemic poo poo, I'm on a waiting list for a waiting list on in-network starting points like an MRI, so the only path forward right now is starting to look at out of network, which is kind of terrifying because on one hand that's an expense that I couldn't handle, but on the other, delaying the months for me to actually get in, get a scan, and start getting treatment would be... Not good, I'd say.

I really wish I had a better place to turn for stuff like this, but I'm at such ends right now that it's just like, I don't know.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that. :( considering this is the hellworld known as america how much is the out of network mri?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( considering this is the hellworld known as america how much is the out of network mri?

It's looking like 700 is the baseline low end basic scan after doing some research but that doesn't account for stuff being so gummed up which might affect things. Also there's apparently extra fees involved based on various options that I may need? My doc's been kinda taking it slowly with me given I've been p emotional about it.

I've been trying to look for places that offer help in situations like this but those I called said covid kind bowled them over.

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
PMed and emailed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hey, I haven't paid much attention to this thread before posting in it earlier but I just want to say that first of all ya'll are awesome. But secondly, while money is not a resource I have enough of to be giving away, buttons are. I know this is a long shot but I would like to be part of helping other goons because other goons have been so good to me and helped me so much. If you're in a lovely situation and need to have a way to make some money, I would be happy to send along some buttons for you to sell for your own profit if that would help. Or fridge magnets, or bottle openers. Feel free to look around my site and pm me (or tell me here if you don't have pms) (or email me at thehotbuttonissue@gmail.com if you'd like to keep it private ) and if it would help you out I can send you some buttons to sell. It's not much and I don't know if anyone will take me up on it at all and I hope nobody tries to take advantage of it but I just want to throw it out there. I have tons of button supplies and if there's anyone out there that I can help with them then I am down. Honestly, even if you're just really down and don't have any money for silly things and would like a couple for yourself, that's cool too, just hit me up man. These are lovely times we're going through and I wish I had more ways to help people but buttons are basically what I have.

As a protip - I have given out over 1100 black lives matter buttons now, but during the course of that literally hundreds of people have offered to pay for them despite them being free. I'm a white guy who has sources of income and therefore I do not feel it's ok for me to profit from those. But if you are in a bad situation, BLM buttons are probably the easiest thing in the entire loving world to sell right now so, if it's something that would help, hit me up.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

hey, I haven't paid much attention to this thread before posting in it earlier but I just want to say that first of all ya'll are awesome. But secondly, while money is not a resource I have enough of to be giving away, buttons are. I know this is a long shot but I would like to be part of helping other goons because other goons have been so good to me and helped me so much. If you're in a lovely situation and need to have a way to make some money, I would be happy to send along some buttons for you to sell for your own profit if that would help. Or fridge magnets, or bottle openers. Feel free to look around my site and pm me (or tell me here if you don't have pms) (or email me at thehotbuttonissue@gmail.com if you'd like to keep it private ) and if it would help you out I can send you some buttons to sell. It's not much and I don't know if anyone will take me up on it at all and I hope nobody tries to take advantage of it but I just want to throw it out there. I have tons of button supplies and if there's anyone out there that I can help with them then I am down. Honestly, even if you're just really down and don't have any money for silly things and would like a couple for yourself, that's cool too, just hit me up man. These are lovely times we're going through and I wish I had more ways to help people but buttons are basically what I have.

As a protip - I have given out over 1100 black lives matter buttons now, but during the course of that literally hundreds of people have offered to pay for them despite them being free. I'm a white guy who has sources of income and therefore I do not feel it's ok for me to profit from those. But if you are in a bad situation, BLM buttons are probably the easiest thing in the entire loving world to sell right now so, if it's something that would help, hit me up.

thats awesom of you...emaill me

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Thank you for all of the help.

Also, I got to try a stromboli and they are pretty good.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 07:52 on Jul 4, 2020

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Hi :/ I lost my job and I had to spend all the money I had fighting a bacterial infection, and I was j/w if maybe goonfund could help me with money for groceries. My PayPal is spookiestwitch@outlook.com and Venmo is @raging-strikes and cash app is $nsupervoid

I'm super frustrated and trying to find a new job. I'm primarily asking for help with groceries and anything you can spare for internet access and cellphone. I need both to keep searching for job. Sorry for bothering you all.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Never feel ashamed for needing help.
We all have felt that. No need to be.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

don't ever apologize for needing help, and make sure you e-mail Plinkey!

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747

smarxist posted:

don't ever apologize for needing help, and make sure you e-mail Plinkey!

I'll try not to, sorry. I just feel like a massive burden. So much bad poo poo has been happening to me.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Synthetic Dreams posted:

I'll try not to, sorry. I just feel like a massive burden. So much bad poo poo has been happening to me.

all of that bad poo poo is the burden here, and it's a burden on you. you are not a burden.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I don't know if it's just society in America, but a lot of us are shoved into the 'must've deserved something to be poor' box or 'eeew, poor people'. You feel guilty about needing and wanting help, to end the stress of 'oh gently caress, my money's so tight the eagle is screaming for mercy'. You feel like a lamprey, or some other sucker fish just leeching away. It feels bad either way you walk.

I can't seem to find Plinkey on discord, but I did send some other messages.

I really hate that disability takes SO. SO long.

Remember: You are not your debt or your bank balance.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I have said before and I'll say it again the thing that crack pinged me the most was seeing en threads where people's lives were ruined over two hundred bucks

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Hi :/ I lost my job and I had to spend all the money I had fighting a bacterial infection, and I was j/w if maybe goonfund could help me with money for groceries. My PayPal is spookiestwitch@outlook.com and Venmo is @raging-strikes and cash app is $nsupervoid

I'm super frustrated and trying to find a new job. I'm primarily asking for help with groceries and anything you can spare for internet access and cellphone. I need both to keep searching for job. Sorry for bothering you all.

Good luck out there.

shovelbum posted:

I have said before and I'll say it again the thing that crack pinged me the most was seeing en threads where people's lives were ruined over two hundred bucks

Seriously. The cascading effects of even being a dollar overdrawn when working with a budget that only allows for a couple bucks worth of wiggle room per month can be devastating and take years upon years to fully recover from.

Tell any person who was five dollars short for rent or even 36¢ short for the electric bill how easy it is to work an additional six hours that their boss won't allow them in order to make up the difference. To say nothing of offsetting it.

Which you didn't. You get it. But so, so many people don't.

A Terrible Person has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Jul 5, 2020

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
going to retroactively not be part of the eventual problem. :love:

50s girl groupon has issued a correction as of 08:05 on Aug 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

50s girl groupon posted:

desperate times, desperate posts

In order to continue receiving chemotherapy I have to make large payments on the $120k I am already in debt and I have at least eight more treatments.

My insurance covers $20,000 and I owe the rest. This is just one treatment. I have to pay $438 every two weeks or I cannot receive chemo and at Stage IV I can’t afford to stop treatments or I’ll die.

I feel horrible asking for help and I know I shouldn’t but the guilt is still there, like anyone and everyone deserve help more than me, but if any goon is moved to help me out I will be tearfully grateful for even a dollar (that’s ramen for a week babey!)

paypal.me/necromancermoons
venmo @moringottos and cashapp $moringottos

Everyone supporting the goonfund is a saint, and everyone coming here for help: you deserve help.

Gave the best I could.

Does this fund also cover insulin? Because that feels like it should fall under the heading of "food" fund, sort of.

People really shouldn't have to ask for donations to live.