Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elviscat posted:

Protester1:
"We're out of rocks and bottles and stuff to throw at the Cops! What do we do now?"

Protester2:
"We'll just have to pull something out of our asses!"

Baaahaha nice. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honestly if you put together all the stuff the cops have recovered, the tin of white claw, the beans, the dragon dongs, you could probably have a real good time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm the protester with the bandolier of throwing dildos and an impregnable 10 foot bubble of personal space

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Leaping into the air and sweeping my cape dramatically as a bunch of dildos fly out in a fan pattern

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Leaping into the air and sweeping my cape dramatically as a bunch of dildos fly out in a fan pattern

ah, Thursdays

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Tuxedo Mask reworks have gotten weird.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Haha, yeah, nice strawman, idiot.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Edit: that url works btw.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OwlFancier posted:

Honestly if you put together all the stuff the cops have recovered, the tin of white claw, the beans, the dragon dongs, you could probably have a real good time.

Don't forget all the many thousands of dollars they wrongfully seize.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I don't have a better place to put this but my company decided yesterday that as part of our newfound commitment to racial justice we're gonna take tomorrow off:

If you recognise this from your intranet then hey and don’t be weird in the breakroom or anything

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
2020 is going to be remembered as the year where above all else, corporations wrote a lot of emails about caring. We care about covid 19s effect on you. We care about Nineteenth. Do something? But we wrote the email...

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Giving folks the day off to recognize the day is nice gesture isn't it? That has an actual cost to he company, more so than just an email saying hey we care.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Giving folks the day off to recognize the day is nice gesture isn't it? That has an actual cost to he company, more so than just an email saying hey we care.

It’s also a pretty big celebration for a lot of people. Imagine if your company made you work the 4th of July.

It’s a nice gesture that recognizes that it’s a family holiday for a chunk of their workforce.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

jojoinnit posted:

I don't have a better place to put this but my company decided yesterday that as part of our newfound commitment to racial justice we're gonna take tomorrow off:

If you recognise this from your intranet then hey and don’t be weird in the breakroom or anything

A lot of companies are doing it, mine is too. This probably won't narrow it down so much as to dox yourself.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Americans get this friday off too? Cool, we're celebrating Midsummer here in Sweden on friday

we can be day-off buddies

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I thought the joke was "were told of their freedom from bondage"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

To be fair, I don't know of a better way to get people to acknowledge a holiday than giving them the day off work.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

A Moose posted:

To be fair, I don't know of a better way to get people to acknowledge a holiday than giving them the day off work.

It's the only way us Americans recognize something as a "real" holiday.

More places should make Juneteenth a holiday.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah it's kinda the best move possible. Assuming it's a real paid holiday anyway.

Really we could add so many good holidays to the calendar. Here in Canada Easter is still a holiday despite it being nominally a secular place, so lets get Eid al-Fitr going too. I'm sure other religions have cool feasting holidays we can get in the mix, and as a fun bonus it'll piss the chuds the gently caress off too.

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Jun 18, 2020

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If it's coming as a new paid holiday that's fantastic, good on them, Juneteenth is a nice holiday. My corporate experience with these surprise holidays is they come from an "elective holiday" pool you've probably already used to schedule vacation because of the strange laws about paying out holiday time vs vacation time.

Samuringa posted:

I thought the joke was "were told of their freedom from bondage"
Maybe I'm missing some subtlety of language but this is the Juneteenth story. These folks were already emancipated on paper and the war had ended weeks earlier but the first time it was truly enforced across the US was Juneteenth.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Okay apparently I'm way too cynical. I was just seeing it as "here's a way to say we're doing something that involves us doing nothing" but you guys have made good points. Thank you for being reasonable people with good points, weirdly enough.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Lobok posted:

So what I'm hearing is that taxinomically speaking, Moon Moon is par for the course.

Morpho luna luna
(Moon moon shaped)

It's no Lycoperdon mammiforme though, "boob-shaped thing that farts like a wolf".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kind of pleased with myself that I actually managed to guess more or less what that was.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Americans get this friday off too? Cool, we're celebrating Midsummer here in Sweden on friday

we can be day-off buddies

Hell yes. We can all get Covid together, half a world apart!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Data Graham posted:

I'm definitely amused by the thought of people who have mastered the exquisite art of throwing suction-cup dildos against windows so they stick, doing it to cop cars as they drive past a mob of protestors so they emerge at the end lookin like George Washington covered in dicks

This is called porcupining, by the way.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

jojoinnit posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and assume this company has had an issue/issues that they think giving people Juneteenth off will buy them enough Awareness Points.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

This is basically word for word what my firm's email said. And talking to some other banker friends at different institutions, it's pretty much the same wording they got. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they all probably use the same PR firm. Also my bank told us privately that this is a one time thing and it won't be celebrated moving forward.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is basically word for word what my firm's email said. And talking to some other banker friends at different institutions, it's pretty much the same wording they got. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they all probably use the same PR firm. Also my bank told us privately that this is a one time thing and it won't be celebrated moving forward.

Cynicism restored!

It's a little odd to think our HR has PR...

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My husband's small company gave them Juneteenth off this year with a request that it be spent, at least in part, in self-education and/or service. They included a list of topical Netflix suggestions.

Normally this is absolutely a place that "plays company" like kids "play house" and fucks up more than they get right, so this was nice to see. Then again, they're located in a very liberal college town, so it's also not unthinkable that they'd do something like this. I'm not sure they employ any people of color--not any African-Americans, anyway, as far as my husband (who works remotely) has seen.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Lol I got through this whole page wondering why nobody asked why you redacted “2020,” then I realized that’s the company name.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is infinitely worse than any wizard master post has ever been

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

My ceo sent out a nice BLM note in which he directly compared property damage to extrajudicial executions and ended in a nice somber ALL LIVES MATTER! The rest of the management team has now idea why some people are upset.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cocaine Bear posted:

My ceo sent out a nice BLM note in which he directly compared property damage to extrajudicial executions and ended in a nice somber ALL LIVES MATTER! The rest of the management team has now idea why some people are upset.

Smash up his car.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh so if this trend of giving people the day off catches on, how long before I can start doing Juneteenth sales without it being tacky and offensive? Asking for a capitalist

really looking forward to "celebrate the end of slavery with these great bargains"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

just re-use all the yay-america merchandise and ad copy from july 4th

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

bike tory posted:

Oh so if this trend of giving people the day off catches on, how long before I can start doing Juneteenth sales without it being tacky and offensive? Asking for a capitalist

really looking forward to "celebrate the end of slavery with these great bargains"

Man Juneteenth really keeps getting earlier and earlier each year it seems

I am very impressed that they've been streaming the event for 155 years

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I'm definitely amused by the thought of people who have mastered the exquisite art of throwing suction-cup dildos against windows so they stick, doing it to cop cars as they drive past a mob of protestors so they emerge at the end lookin like George Washington covered in dicks

I heard that guy had like 30 goddamn dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Moose posted:

I'm the protester with the bandolier of throwing dildos and an impregnable 10 foot bubble of personal space

We know how to defeat them. Let everybody know *Independence day scene where all pilots of the world are told to sacrifice their selves dignity*