Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hopefully this plays exactly like the old ones, ie like blitzball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Read NOTHING about Outer Wilds, play a few hours, then watch the rest of it on YouTube because you are a big baby and nothing is scarier than emptiness

Limited Run Games is selling an Outer Wilds soundtrack vinyl bundle with the physical PS4 game and...like, gently caress, my girlfriend and I just talked about saving money.

p.s. I wrote "Wilds" correctly in the first sentence and then "Worlds" in the second anyway

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

read a lot about outer worlds before you play outer wilds

still pissed Micro$$$oft wouldn't give me my gamespass trial dollar back after I uninstalled Outer Worlds. so what if i played 60 hours of Subnautica, outer worlds freaking sucks i want my money back!!!!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

still pissed Micro$$$oft wouldn't give me my gamespass trial dollar back after I uninstalled Outer Worlds. so what if i played 60 hours of Subnautica, outer worlds freaking sucks i want my money back!!!!!

I got my dollar back after Outer Worlds stopped working but now I realize I'm owned because I can't get it off my hard drive because installing it through Xbox gave it system-level, above administrator status

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its amazing how the people who make the os itself managed to mess up how games install so badly

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I got my dollar back after Outer Worlds stopped working but now I realize I'm owned because I can't get it off my hard drive because installing it through Xbox gave it system-level, above administrator status

that's hilarious and frightening, i'm trying to open games pass rn to doublecheck i had everything uninstalled through it. edit: aww poo poo i forgot i was working through talos principle. lol wish i had snagged my save files before un-installing, whoops.

damnit, i never even got to finish defying the god voice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sony won't allow anime boobs but they will allow a hardcore van gently caress scene in their AAA dog murder game? Where's the consistency?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Very hardcore to show the upper bodies of both male and female characters during intercourse

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Sony won't allow anime boobs but they will allow a hardcore van gently caress scene in their AAA dog murder game? Where's the consistency?

do they allow anime dog murder

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gamepass has some issues but I've really enjoyed the amount of b-games they have on there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

do they allow anime dog murder
you can probably watch elfen lied on a ps4, yeah

Weedle
May 31, 2006

imagine being the actors who had to mocap that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Outer wilds was very much already available on PC, that's how I played it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

SeXReX posted:

Outer wilds was very much already available on PC, that's how I played it

Epic doesn’t count, if it’s not on Steam it doesn’t exist

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm hearing that one of the people in that scene was a model of Neil Druckmann is that true

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm hearing that one of the people in that scene was a model of Neil Druckmann is that true

no that guy is in the game but the guy railing abby is someone else

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Does this happen in the part of the game that reviewers were legally required not to review?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SeXReX posted:

Does this happen in the part of the game that reviewers were legally required not to review?

Considering none of the reviews have mentioned it, I'm going with "yes".

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
vote for me as president videogame. i will make pre-release reviews illegal and also disallow buying new game releases on day 1. all reviews must pass peer-review before publishing, along with a detailed history, bio, and psych profile of the reviewer who wrote it. a game review is inherently a review of the person playing the game. accordingly i will also establish a system for rating people's potential for playing games to write reviews, broken into five simple categories represented by a series of increasingly-stoked dudes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that all sounds good but i can't read so it's all kind of moot

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

how can i buy this video game without knowing how many exploding heads out of 10 the sex scene gets

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
play OUTER WILDS

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Looper posted:

play OUTER WILDS

Turns out the real outer wild was us all along

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

play OUTER WILDS

It's not the best choice

It's spacer's choice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

nobody likes 2d pixelly platformers but me anymore i think. all i see when i'm looking at steam game festival talk around the internet is people talking about 3D stuff and the Obsidian game

hello, please continue to post about pixelly platformers, I'm addicted to nice spritework

kinda unrelated since it isn't sprite-based anymore, but I'm surprised i haven't seen anyone talking about new shantae

I said come in! posted:

I don't have a cat, but I hope people will like my dog

that's an excellent dog

bushisms.txt posted:

The no groomer vibe is strong

Lemon is so hot and heavy from her coat.

And banana saw her erasure up thread

these are extremely powerful pets

abelwingnut posted:

what are some other artsy games like limbo and inside? nothing terribly long, < 15hr say, more about the visual style and/or story than gameplay, and just fun and more cinematic/art than anything?

abzu and fe are nice (that's fe, not fire emblem). journey too obvi if you somehow haven't played it

also happy belated birthday shallnoiseupon!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lets hang out posted:

how can i buy this video game without knowing how many exploding heads out of 10 the sex scene gets

Also how many sex scenes out of 10 the exploding heads get.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

RBA Starblade posted:

It's not the best choice

It's spacer's choice

Wrong game, you're thinking of Disco Elysium

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Looper posted:

play OUTER WILDS

i've done it, here's my review

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I love Crash, give me new Crash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thinking about trying out FFXI, now more than ever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I love Crash, give me new Crash

Who's gonna make it though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1273677458630250497

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Mamedads are a myth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Billy Mitchell is an rear end in a top hat, so I choose to ignore his records.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

Billy Mitchell is an rear end in a top hat, so I choose to ignore his records.

There's literally nothing to ignore. They say he's too good to have cheated, which might as well be the Patriots motto. But that was why everyone was mad, we know he's good, that he felt compelled to cheat was sad on his part.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's also speedrunning drama in the MK64 time trial community because a guy secretly spent a year and a half getting WR times and then posted them all at once so the reigning champion would lose the top spot...dark times

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guiness book holds water for dictators so who cares about them

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's too bad aku aku's va died recently :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress you Billy Mitchell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"