Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

its just that men are garbage it is not unique to wrestling or leftism or anything else and its weird people want it to be

Super No Vacancy posted:

you'll be surprised to hear this is not unique to the uk and it is not useful to suggest it is

Yeah generalizing sucks huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1273680487232520192?s=19

lmao

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Critical posted:

Yeah generalizing sucks huh

These posts are making the same point: It's not the small group (leftist, brit wres, etc) that is responsible for the issue but the larger group (men) and trying to pin it on the small group is not useful to tackling the actual root of the issue which lays in the larger group.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

stab posted:

Just as a heads up for you, I didn't attack you at all. I was asking WHY the hell people were dogpiling you, and saw you pretty much covered it on the twitter at the same time ichi asked me to take the question down.

:) trust me, I don't understand at all the correlation some people made between the two of you and just wanted clarity :)
Catching up on the thread and while your post was gone, I was referring to the Twitter dogpile, not whoever asked about it here.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

davidbix posted:

You know that a mob is going after me for literally no reason when even ICHIBAHN is defending me from their bullshit.

buddy when I come after you you'll know!!!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TTBF posted:

These posts are making the same point: It's not the small group (leftist, brit wres, etc) that is responsible for the issue but the larger group (men) and trying to pin it on the small group is not useful to tackling the actual root of the issue which lays in the larger group.

I'm gonna gnaw on this for a bit because I'm not lucid enough atm to craft an argument that doesn't sound like a "not all men" rear end in a top hat. But I take your point.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1273691323304939527
TONY~!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TTBF posted:

It's not the small group (men) that is responsible for this but the larger group (people) and trying to pin it on the small group is not useful to tackling the actual root of the issue.

The issue is that people will sacrifice morality for personal benefit. See: The treatment of Brett Kavanaugh by the Democratic Party vs. the treatment of Joe Biden as an example.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

What does this refer to?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DannyEdwardsPBW/status/1273686394699948034

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sighing, i unsheathe my age of consent law cheatsheet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jesus gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this may be the acct to watch

https://twitter.com/ExposeWrestling/status/1273659425878880257

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
:yikes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wondered when Marty would be named during this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm not surprised to see Joey Ryan's name on there at all

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/wetheindie/status/1273656076689440769?s=21

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Wondered when Marty would be named during this

Marty always gets named as a notorious nonce but I've never seen anyone ever say what it is he's supposed to have done to earn it.

Not looking to defend him, it's just something that's puzzled me for years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
What is it with the Brits and nonceing

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Its Brexit's shameful secret

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The rest of the world does it just as much as we do, we're just worse at hiding it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Didn't Candace post about how professional Joey Ryan was or was it Joey Ryan congratulating himself. I don't pay attention to him because he's a dweeb.

I would not trust any anonymous account that exists to drag people. There's always an angle.

Someone once told me the crossover with pop-punk scene seemed to bring in a lot of boys being boys mentality. I dunno if that's true or not. My experience with local punk scenes is there's a lot of sex pests and people will let them get away with it if they're "important."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Marty always gets named as a notorious nonce but I've never seen anyone ever say what it is he's supposed to have done to earn it.

Not looking to defend him, it's just something that's puzzled me for years.

The one known one was him hitting on underage girls back when he was Party Marty in RevPro.

Someone asking about Pollyanna being blackballed, how else can you explain the progressive wrestling promotion EVE not booking one of the top UK women's wrestlers at the time?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every single one of those people had either accusers name them outright today or rumors swirl around them either this year (Ryan) or for years before (Marty)

Around the start of #MeToo wrestletwitter had been saying it was a matter of time before BritWres' part came out. Shutting it down as untrustworthy or devious ain't the move, right now or at all

https://twitter.com/anarchomushroom/status/1273692911792795650

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

This loving sucks. Ugh.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ExposeWrestling/status/1273692317640036352

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I would have to be reading this as I'm watching the last two matches of Riptide's first show on IWTV, one featuring Ryan, one featuring Marty. Here's hoping 2017 Jimmy Havoc knocks some of his teeth out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well we definitely don't want people who have legit claims to be ignored and we certainly don't want bad people to get away with bad stuff. I think we can all agree on that. Right?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

nonces, nonces all the way down

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/JakeLong450/status/1273710823106580481

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

coconono posted:

Well we definitely don't want people who have legit claims to be ignored and we certainly don't want bad people to get away with bad stuff. I think we can all agree on that. Right?

I think it's a good time in history (in many corners of society) to reexamine how many people assume power/crave power/demand power so they're in a better position to abuse

The Jimmy Savile Conundrum

Marty turning down a guaranteed contract with AEW so he can "learn to book" has always looked suspect

Almost like he saw what others did in that position and said "I want in on that"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

James Finn's twitter account is @sleazyfinn

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lmao this rules

*reads the rest of the thread*

OH JESUS gently caress

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/riptidewres/status/1273608028135268353?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MorrisBae posted:

I think it's a good time in history (in many corners of society) to reexamine how many people assume power/crave power/demand power so they're in a better position to abuse

The Jimmy Savile Conundrum

Marty turning down a guaranteed contract with AEW so he can "learn to book" has always looked suspect

Almost like he saw what others did in that position and said "I want in on that"

Based on last week's ROH TV I watched the only reason Marty took the book was to get Brody King over(who was featured in every single match on the show).

Could Marty be a creep? Maybe, maybe not, I don't pay attention to him. Like Joey Ryan, he could fall to his death and I wouldn't care when I heard about it a week later.

Was Marty a creep? Signs point to probably. I heard he took fanpics with an underage girl and people razzed on him for doing it. I'd also heard he'd try to pick up girls after all ages shows and didn't ID check.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Curt Stallion outed hidden for content

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus christ

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's horrible all these things happened, but good that they're coming out. Things like this build up in any organisation unless it's regularly cleansed with fire like this. Sometimes they've built up so much that the fire brings the whole place down. All that means is that there wasn't much left to save.

Full support to the people coming forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What the holy gently caress.

Floodgates are open.