Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

rndmnmbr posted:

Team Gai isn't the team you send out for scouting, or diplomacy. Just like Team Kurenai isn't the team you send out when someone absolutely must without fail get their rear end beat into cowboy sauce.

I wouldn't trust Team Kurenai to get today's paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

rndmnmbr posted:

Team Gai isn't the team you send out for scouting, or diplomacy. Just like Team Kurenai isn't the team you send out when someone absolutely must without fail get their rear end beat into cowboy sauce.

They actually would send Team Gai out on scouting missions. Neji had the Byakugan, which is still the ultimate spying ability.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, have they announced when the anime’s supposed to be coming back yet? I know a bit more of the dub got released recently at any rate.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sunday.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blockhouse posted:

I imagine Gai's record might be tilted in his favor since he likely only gets given missions that involve beating the poo poo out people

That's still a remarkably impressive record of beating the poo poo out of people if he's never failed to do it once (until the Ninja World War). Also in all fairness, Kakashi's failed missions largely appear to be from childhood/youth, not as an adult, and Gai presumably wasn't sent on the same sorts of missions as Kakashi given Kakashi made Jounin at like, 14 or something ludicrous.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter’s out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-47/chapter/20637?action=read

Also out of curiosity has the anime started back up again yet?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mangaplus too.

So obviously the big reveal is Kashin Koji's true identity. Then we have Isshiki finally revived. I get Jojo vibes every time I look at him. Also, a new magic eye!

But what really stuck out to me is Sasuke casually chopping apart Kawaki's arm.

Larryb posted:

Chapter’s out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-47/chapter/20637?action=read

Also out of curiosity has the anime started back up again yet?

I haven't seen anything official. I've only see announcements from places that already got return dates wrong.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:smug:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Mangaplus too.

So obviously the big reveal is Kashin Koji's true identity. Then we have Isshiki finally revived. I get Jojo vibes every time I look at him. Also, a new magic eye!

But what really stuck out to me is Sasuke casually chopping apart Kawaki's arm.

I haven't seen anything official. I've only see announcements from places that already got return dates wrong.

Ah, I thought I’d heard it was supposed to come back last Sunday but I’m guessing that was a mistake.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

TheHan posted:

Jiraiya didn’t have anything inherently special about him to warrant making a kid did he? Tsunade’s senju but Jiraiya’s just a dude who likes toads. A direct clone would make more sense (in the world where it makes sense to do this at all and the the clone comes pre-loaded with Jiraiya’s skills).

Wow, didn't expect this question to actually get answered. Also didn't expect the answer to be that in the Naruto universe genealogy is so important that your chromosomes come pre-loaded with a great destiny.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

Wow, didn't expect this question to actually get answered. Also didn't expect the answer to be that in the Naruto universe genealogy is so important that your chromosomes come pre-loaded with a great destiny.

You did see the part where Hashirama cells can solve everything?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Darth TNT posted:

You did see the part where Hashirama cells can solve everything?

Yeah but that translated into giving you better wood and healing powers. Up to now it’s been that good genes get you good ninja skills, but with this new development your genes literally decide your destiny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hiashi's master plan is so canon

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheHan posted:

Feelin' pretty Star Wars Sequel Trilogy energy right now.

I suppose this is a logical continuation of the implications from the Shin Uchiha situation, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheHan posted:

Yeah but that translated into giving you better wood and healing powers. Up to now it’s been that good genes get you good ninja skills, but with this new development your genes literally decide your destiny
Is it actually that, it kinda just felt like he's running some poo poo talk?

Though of course Naruto has always had ever escalating love for eugenics so I guess this just jumps to the next level. Good chapter other than that, even if the level of exposition instead of action is insane.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Spiderdrake posted:

Is it actually that, it kinda just felt like he's running some poo poo talk?

Though of course Naruto has always had ever escalating love for eugenics so I guess this just jumps to the next level. Good chapter other than that, even if the level of exposition instead of action is insane.

The Star of Change bit and Isshiki reasoning that that's why Amado cloned him specifically makes me want to lean towards it being a genuine thing. I do think if it is a theme Boruto plans on rolling with they'll do the usual "Nah we decide our own fate" thing but when it's coming from the family of perfectly bred super soldiers, I dunno.

Still enjoying this fight though, it's refreshing that even at the legendary ninja and moon people level the techniques they're using are practical. Just shrinking a buncha poo poo to throw someone off their game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So has there been any official confirmation as to when the anime is coming back yet?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Welp, if everything goes into full meltdown, it's been a pleasure. Y'all got me back into something I quit caring about a long time ago, and now I actually give a poo poo about and enjoy the adventures of a loudmouth orange ninja, his equally loudmouthed son, and their surrounding cast of glorious freaks and weirdos. Thanks guys.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 24, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

So has there been any official confirmation as to when the anime is coming back yet?

Might as well. July 5th confirmed apparently.

And yeah, it's been fun talking about ancient aliens with you all.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

rndmnmbr posted:

Welp, if everything goes into full meltdown, it's been a pleasure. Y'all got me back into something I quit caring about a long time ago, and now I actually give a poo poo about and enjoy the adventures of a loudmouth orange ninja, his equally loudmouthed son, and their surrounding cast of glorious freaks and weirdos. Thanks guys.

perhaps something awful needs a new hokage

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Might as well. July 5th confirmed apparently.

And yeah, it's been fun talking about ancient aliens with you all.

Huh, curious as to why this is coming back later than basically every other show out there but good to know regardless.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Thoren posted:

perhaps something awful needs a new hokage

Dattebayo?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Thoren posted:

perhaps something awful needs a new hokage Goonkage

The village hidden in the shitposts.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Dynamite the Second Hokage from the memorial cliff

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Dynamite them all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just FYI, the Boruto anime has finally returned with a new episode.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Probably not the strongest episode to return on, but what can you do.

FWIW, somehow Mitsuki is probably my favorite character in the series, so no complaints from me.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Poor Cho-cho. I don't know why they completely sideline you with such rote material all the time.

Thankfully next week it seems like we're finally moving into the Kara material.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

Plus there were some messes left over that needed cleaned up, like the Land of Rain.

Blew a hole in that theory. But boy howdy, maybe they should have cleaned this mess up pronto instead of leaving it to fester.

Also Sai and Sasuke make a good team.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The Rain stuff is a bit nonsensical, if only because we saw zero shinobi in the last great war from any non-five great shinobi nation. Really just a problem on Kishimoto's part that he completely forgets that those shinobi exist. The characters in this episode mentioned that Rain situation was a result of the last great war, well if the battlefields were far from the Rain and we saw no Rain shinobi participate other than dead ones... how exactly did that happen? Unless they meant the even earlier great shinobi wars.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Does Kishimoto have anything to do with Boruto anymore (anime or manga) or is his assistant basically running everything now?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Does Kishimoto have anything to do with Boruto anymore (anime or manga) or is his assistant basically running everything now?

Kishimoto will occasionally have an advisory role, and be asked for advice by the writer/artist, but he doesn't have much to do with Boruto proper. The only part he wrote/drew was the Sarada Gaiden. Besides that, Kishimoto had a hand in writing the script for the film Boruto: Naruto the Movie, and he also acted as the supervisor of the anime for episodes 8 and 9. Apparently he also created some characters in his free time and basically told the writer/artist "you can use them if you want".

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the manga, here’s a new chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007318

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Speaking of the manga, here’s a new chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007318

Clone Koji is better at sage mode. He can do it without help or deformation

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Props to Isshiki for putting on a baller coat and pulling out a wine glass. Gotta win in style.

I was expecting Koji to die but this works better. Amado actually betrayed Koji too. What a jerk.

Darth TNT posted:

Clone Koji is better at sage mode. He can do it without help or deformation

He does have the advantage of an artificial body.

Teek posted:

The Rain stuff is a bit nonsensical, if only because we saw zero shinobi in the last great war from any non-five great shinobi nation. Really just a problem on Kishimoto's part that he completely forgets that those shinobi exist. The characters in this episode mentioned that Rain situation was a result of the last great war, well if the battlefields were far from the Rain and we saw no Rain shinobi participate other than dead ones... how exactly did that happen? Unless they meant the even earlier great shinobi wars.

Earlier wars most likely. I am kind of surprised that the Hidden Rain is in a worse state than it was in Naruto but I guess some promises are tough to keep.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 20, 2020

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Teek posted:

The characters in this episode mentioned that Rain situation was a result of the last great war, well if the battlefields were far from the Rain and we saw no Rain shinobi participate other than dead ones... how exactly did that happen?

One of the opening acts of the fourth war was Obito murdering Konan to get Nagato's eyes back. Considering the village government was pretty much a totalitarian theocracy, and both its "god" and "angel" are now dead, it's not surprising everything went to hell.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yeah i was gonna say, rain was basically akatsuki hq. poo poo going down there might not have been shown on screen because that was the point where the series went full dragon ball, but i don't think they got out of the fourth war era unscathed

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Did we just get a reveal of another bullshit eye power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Ok Isshiki is so much better than Kaguya, so much personality. If Kaguya had popped on a frosty rear end coat and pre-poured herself a glass of wine thousands of years ago, seemingly just to stunt on future enemies, she’d be one of the greats.