Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

j.blow is the guy who made a couple million dollars and spent it all on the witness while living with patio furniture in his house right? or rental furniture or something but that one would be insanely dumb instead of just weird. respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Phil fish owns I miss playing Fez so much

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
When you first start dating someone you have a few weeks where each person has to watch whatever the other one suggests and it doesn’t matter wtf it is; you’re doing your best to be engaged because pheromones.

My wife’s show in this regard was Nathan Barley. (Holy Christ.) she followed this up with Withnail & I. (Wtf)

Mine was Frisky Dingo. Then The Warriors. My shows was better.

Edit: if Boosh and/or kakow ain’t part of your vernacular, I don’t even know what to do with you. I’d probably ask you the villabouts of the whereinkelly.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 18, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I watched Jack Reacher for some dumb fun. It wasn't a bad film, not great, but very definitely okay even if it is a conservative power fantasy (apparently the books are way worse in this regard?) and completely forgets its own moral stance several times. The lawyer character's moral objection to the death penalty basically going out the window when it came to Reacher killing nameless goons was kinda hilarious, and Reacher dismissively sneering at the creeps who join the military for the thrill of killing seems to be forgotten when he decides to throw his gun away to have a fight to the death with the chief henchman for no reason other than a dick-waving contest. But there was one moment in the film I absolutely loved. Reacher calls in some old gun-shop owner he literally met the day before to back him up on the big final mission, and instructs him to shoot some of the nameless goons while he makes his entry. The old guy responds with,"I'm not killing complete strangers just because you say so, what the hell man?"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

When you first start dating someone you have a few weeks where each person has to watch whatever the other one suggests and it doesn’t matter wtf it is; you’re doing your best to be engaged because pheromones.

My wife’s show in this regard was Nathan Barley. (Holy Christ.) she followed this up with Withnail & I. (Wtf)

Mine was Frisky Dingo. Then The Warriors. My shows was better.

Edit: if Boosh and/or kakow ain’t part of your vernacular, I don’t even know what to do with you. I’d probably ask you the villabouts of the whereinkelly.

Withnail and I owns she has good taste

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Idk how well Barley holds up but it was crazy good for its time too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet

https://twitter.com/watchmen/status/1273629776348155905

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the Watchmen show, it was pretty good. Damon Lindelof is wonderful, everyone should watch The Leftovers

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

nathan barley still holds up decently well and is more than anything an incredibly prescient look at irony poisioning and the degradation of our ability to create and convey ideas in the post modern world.

fez did own but phil fish is the biggest fucker nerd of all time

watchmen was very good. i remember seeing there was a thread for it in tviv well after the show had aired so i checked it out and it has a poop rating and everyone seems to hate the show. lost really did a number on these folks huh. leftovers is a goat show (literally hehehe) everyone should watch.

i spent so long writing this and then getting distracted making grilled cheese and playing with my cat that everyone basically said this stuff. sorry for posting

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Trent Reznor’s soundtrack for Watchmen was some of his best soundtrack work to date. Maybe I will watch the show one day

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paper Lion posted:

nathan barley still holds up decently well and is more than anything an incredibly prescient look at irony poisioning and the degradation of our ability to create and convey ideas in the post modern world.

fez did own but phil fish is the biggest fucker nerd of all time

watchmen was very good. i remember seeing there was a thread for it in tviv well after the show had aired so i checked it out and it has a poop rating and everyone seems to hate the show. lost really did a number on these folks huh. leftovers is a goat show (literally hehehe) everyone should watch.

i spent so long writing this and then getting distracted making grilled cheese and playing with my cat that everyone basically said this stuff. sorry for posting
post cat pics to make amends

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i hope the sandwich was good. i woke up really early today so i watched the 400 blows to pass time until i had to do crap. ive seen it before. then i watched antoine et colette which i hadnt seen before. i gobble that french poo poo up for breakfast

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

400 Jonathan Blows

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Paper Lion posted:

TVIV posters spend too much time reading and posting in live threads to actually pay attention to the show.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i feel the same about wrestling, which is why i rarely post in the live threads. it is usually fun to watch on discord with friends. last night someone barged into the call and was noisy and disruptive and not even watching the show just there to talk to other people, and i could not shoo them i would be the rear end in a top hat and not them, the disruptive rear end in a top hat. very frustrating. caught none of the aew commentary. went to sleep angry and then my cat sat on me. macaroni is a stinker

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i would discord chat with psp people over wrestling

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

TTBF posted:

TVIV posters spend too much time reading and posting in live threads to actually pay attention to the show.

That was the case years ago but TVIV is pretty dead for live posting these days.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Macaroni is a stinker

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I liked the Watchmen show, it was pretty good. Damon Lindelof is wonderful, everyone should watch The Leftovers

The episode where Regina King's character goes through her grandfather's flashback was some beautiful stuff. Top notch tv.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

when you walk down the stairs, if he is in the upstairs then he runs under your feet to race you to the bottom, which has almost killed me 2 times since feb. if hes anywhere else in the house and hears feet on the stairs, he takes this position thinking that he will pop out around the corner at the bottom and get your legs/feet. you will never get this, you will never get this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Warriors movie tie-in game on the PS2 was one of the best titles that ever came out on that console it loving ruled

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/18/21289607/essential-movies-about-black-lives-in-every-genre

I've seen/can vouch for Blindspotting, Support The Girls, Sorry To Bother You, The Wound, Get Out and Attack The Block. Haven't seen the rest but those are all great so I'll get to it

Highly recommend Attack The Block, an underrated gem with young John Boyega in a street gang surviving the night against aliens

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

go home, lock your door, do your homework, watch Naruto

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

do not make the naruto defender log on. i will log on. that is a threat

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mandingo is such a loving brutal unflinching movie

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Paper Lion posted:

when you walk down the stairs, if he is in the upstairs then he runs under your feet to race you to the bottom, which has almost killed me 2 times since feb. if hes anywhere else in the house and hears feet on the stairs, he takes this position thinking that he will pop out around the corner at the bottom and get your legs/feet. you will never get this, you will never get this

Concern about tripping over one of our three obnoxious cats is one of the reasons we're sleeping in the smaller downstairs bedroom over the larger one upstairs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/18/21289607/essential-movies-about-black-lives-in-every-genre

I've seen/can vouch for Blindspotting, Support The Girls, Sorry To Bother You, The Wound, Get Out and Attack The Block. Haven't seen the rest but those are all great so I'll get to it

Highly recommend Attack The Block, an underrated gem with young John Boyega in a street gang surviving the night against aliens

Attack The Block indeed owns

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I was dropping off groceries to my parents today, and while talking to my Dad he said that he noticed I've been very pessimistic and seemed to be depressed ("but I'm not a shrink, so don't quote me"). I told him that my emotional gas tank is on fumes because I haven't been able to do a lot of the things I usually do to recharge - going to the movies, roleplaying around a table with friends, and getting in my car and driving to a new place. Add the general national/world situation and I told him that I was just drained.

"Well, wrestling's made you happy since the Jaguars' owner started that league You should focus on that for a while."

And then I come home to all these revelations.

I really want to sit down and just watch the world go by without taking part in it. My "give a gently caress" is completely and utterly done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah Attack The Block rules, definitely recommend.

Sorry To Bother You is super-loving weird in the best way.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Here's a fun lil activity to do if you have HBO Max: if you're about to sit down and watch a movie, trying pairing it with an opening Looney Tunes cartoon, like how they would in movie theaters back in the day. You can just throw on a random one and nine times out of ten it'll be good but try and get creative with it. Put on Duck Dodgers if you're about to watch Ad Astra, or throw on Super-Bunny before one of the DC movies. It's a fun little experiment to distract yourself with from the apocalyptic horrors every single day presents us with!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would never watch looney tunes except the ones about chickens. i'm going to put the chickens in front of all my movies if i ever get hobomax

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

they also offer a wide array of Popeye and Sooby Doo cartoons, if that would help ease your mind about the concept.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't mean that big southern rooster btw. there are good tunes about like hens and chicken little and stuff. i would also accept that little chickenhawk guy even though he is not a chicken.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i would discord chat with psp people over wrestling

Same and I would never use the voice chat I have no idea how someone can do that and not be scared.

edit: lmao'ing at the post below me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My dad nearly got us all banned from six flags years ago because he got into a fight with foghorn leghorn after he mockingly poked my dad's belly

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

and you said my skunk encounter was cursed.....

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is there a PSP Discord? I would join that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry to be a dick, but having seen the endless drama it has caused in other subforums, as long as I'm mod there will never be an official Discord for FIGHT ISLAND. Chat on discord all you want if that's your thing (chatting about wrestling is kinda the point of THIS subforum though :confused:) but it's not anything to do with SomethingAwful or FIGHT ISLAND.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's not being a dick that's the right move. Discord drama is real and when it leaks out it's a whole silly thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd like to think today, let alone the entirety of the rest of 2020 so far, has fulfilled everyone's quota of desired drama in their life for the rest of the decade. Can only speak for myself of course but I know I'm exhausted