Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
No, Zeno is just proof that follow-through is important. You aim PAST what you mean to hit and thus hit your target!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

habeasdorkus posted:

No, Zeno is just proof that follow-through is important. You aim PAST what you mean to hit and thus hit your target!

:hmmyes:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

habeasdorkus posted:

Ah, Zeno's second contribution to the world, "put your laces through it"

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Algid posted:

In order to complete a cut the blade must move from its starting position to its end. However each cut must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal. Thus a cut will finish 1/2 of its motion before it must then finish an additional 1/4 of its motion, followed by an additional 1/8 of its motion and so on. Thus a cut is not a singular continuous motion but an infinite series of discrete cuts which can never reach its goal.

The secret nature of Cutting is an impossibility. (This is a lie).

Maya's sword doesn't have a blade, conveniently sparing her from this challenge.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 18, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ashcans posted:

Maya's sword doesn't have a blade, conveniently sparing her from this challenge.

Well you can't say that for certain really.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ashcans posted:

Maya believes it does.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The fact that you guys think you need a blade or a sword to cut means that you will never reach royalty.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The fact that you can still cut and kill with a bladeless handle means that you have been irrecoverably poisoned by the sword.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Schwarzwald posted:

The fact that you can still cut and kill with a bladeless handle means that you have been irrecoverably poisoned by the sword.

Maya would doubtlessly agree.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

When White Chain was bluffing during the fight with Allicio did she visibly crack at all?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Philosophers using flowery language to contemplate the true nature of cutting is infinitely less royal than hitting said philosophers with a thrown brick.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Trebuchet King posted:

When White Chain was bluffing during the fight with Allicio did she visibly crack at all?

I don't think bluffing is the same as telling an affirmative lie, and also she wasn't in her shell pretty much at all at the time.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That and depending on when she could have been said to have made the "lie", she might have been having her shell ventilated by a Thirty Cubit Spear™, which I could see
Making enough noise to cover up her deception.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Philosophers using flowery language to contemplate the true nature of cutting is infinitely less royal than hitting said philosophers with a thrown brick.
In order to strike the philosopher the brick must move from its starting position to its end. However...

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Algid posted:

In order to strike the philosopher the brick must move from its starting position to its end. However...

The brick, the broken hilt, the gun, the bomb, the fist... they are but training wheels used by novices to channel the terrible fires of Want. True Royalty need only desire a Cut to occur and impose their Will upon creation; creation shall gladly part before them.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

The Paradox of Motion is meant to serve as a form of reductio ad absurdum. This is similar in intent as to stories about hypothetical cats and how that relates to the Copenhagen interpretation.

Suppose a cat is released into one of the trapped halls of the Fortress of Yre. The traps that are present will either trigger and kill the cat or fail to do so and allow the cat to pass. After a certain amount of time, it must be said that the cat is simultaneously alive and dead.

However, if a Devil were to follow the same path, he would observe either a living or dead cat and not a cat that is both living and dead. At what point does the quantum supposition of realities merge and collapse into one state or the other?

This too is a paradox and a lie.

Algid fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 19, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lights posted:

The brick, the broken hilt, the gun, the bomb, the fist... they are but training wheels used by novices to channel the terrible fires of Want. True Royalty need only desire a Cut to occur and impose their Will upon creation; creation shall gladly part before them.

*clonk*

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't think bluffing is the same as telling an affirmative lie, and also she wasn't in her shell pretty much at all at the time.

I went back to reread this chapter to check on this and goddamn if it isn't easily some of the coolest poo poo that's ever happened in this comic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lights posted:

I feel like this is the kind of statement that gets interrupted by someone throwing such an object at the speaker to prove them wrong, followed by an indignant "WHO THREW THAT?!" from the bruised speaker.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lemony posted:

I spent waaaaaay too long on this stupid joke.

i appreciated this joke. rawhide kobayashi would be proud.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

snergle posted:

i appreciated this joke. rawhide kobayashi would be proud.

Is the joke that that's a thursday?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Algid posted:

However, if a Devil were to follow the same path, he would observe either a living or dead cat and not a cat that is both living and dead. At what point does the quantum supposition of realities merge and collapse into one state or the other?

This too is a paradox and a lie.

The Devil would be dead because it would become too greedy and think it was far enough in to pilfer some money.

The cat would appear dead but then return to shoot the Devil.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

🤡 Imagine having a sword 🤣

this post brought to you by the Royalty gang

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is the joke that that's a thursday?

God drat it.

I'm just going to claim that it was posted on a world where the date and day are accurate.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1274058652203302917?s=19

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

:same:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
At the eventual end of this you best bet I want a printed copy of Meti's sword manual

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Why suppress it

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why suppress it

Apartment?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Why suppress it

Can't just reveal your plan.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S OH GOD BOOK 2 AND

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Why suppress it

'scool.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Yes, the Brian Blessed voice is canon.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
10VG = Brian Blessed confirmed. All is right in the world.

https://twitter.com/orbitaldropkick/status/1274209092685443077?s=21

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

This fight sequence feels really, really good so far. I need to enter a medical coma for a month ish so I can just binge it in all its glory.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
vigilant gaze is my favorite supportive kung fu grandpa

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Next is patram sword hand I guess.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Oh, a second complex and interesting style? Good for you. :enkidel:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

wiegieman posted:

Next is patram sword hand I guess.

:10bux: says this is building up to white chain pulling ki-rata out of her rear end somehow

Excited to see Solomon's nani!? face for the millisecond before it turns into chunky salsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
*bangs on table* stick in the pond! stick in the pond! stick in the pond!