Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is literally unplayable due to the controls.

Back in the day those controls were a massive improvement over Hitman: Codename 47. Which I booted up several years ago and it was literally literally unplayable due to it running at 400% speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is literally unplayable due to the controls.

I never had issue with the controls. I find it literally unplayable because of how twitchy and hosed the AI is. You could be walking a mile away in disguise and guards would still get suspicious way too quickly. Not to mention that level in Japan where it's complete RNG if you get a Silent Assassin rating because it all depends on whether or not the guard AI is dumb enough to be run over by a truck and if he is, that kill is blamed on you when you had nothing to do with it.

Hitman Codename 47 is the one with the really wonky controls and generally had only one correct way to complete missions and the awful Columbian jungle levels, with the hotel level probably being the exception since it does give you some freedom in accomplishing your objectives. I wouldn't say Hitman got decent until Contracts and didn't get good until Blood Money.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fuzz posted:

People complaining about Absolution clearly never played Silent Assassin, which was exactly the same way. It was a weird choice to try to go back to the roots of the series when the roots were kinda not great and not nearly as good as what the series had already evolved into.

Silent Assassin does not have a side room where a UN figure who is also a weapons dealer implies his involvement in 9/11, with the yiddish words and other signifiers that the character is an antisemitic stereotype carefully excised from subtitling.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Discendo Vox posted:

Silent Assassin does not have a side room where a UN figure who is also a weapons dealer implies his involvement in 9/11, with the yiddish words and other signifiers that the character is an antisemitic stereotype carefully excised from subtitling.

I’m pretty sure there’s not so subtle racism in SA and Blood Money.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'll not continue the derail beyond saying that Absolution is Much Much Worse than anything that came before it in the series.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll not continue the derail beyond saying that Absolution is Much Much Worse than anything that came before it in the series.

I mean, no one was arguing that?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I still think its a decent game with some decent stuff going on. My favorite example is the E3 example level, where you're escaping the cops from a library or whatever. Individual cops have their own voices and backstories and react based on things you do. For instance, one of the dudes is ribbing one of the cops for being a rookie. If you kill him or if you use him as a human shield, they actually react to it. It's really impressive how many voice lines they made and how many different situations they accounted for.

Also you can knock someone out with a bong in this game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

I did a ton of effortposts on Absolution for an LP awhile back
?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Beginning here. Be aware that they were written as companion pieces to a casual LP, adjunct to an LP of hitman 2016; you may need the videos for full context.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
From the "Fresh Free Copies Of A Game You Already Own" files:

https://twitter.com/GOGGalaxy/status/1272852782891008000

Yes, this should work for the console versions too - hook up your Xbox Live or PSN account and if it has playtime for The Witcher 3 logged, it apparently counts!

The Kins fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 16, 2020

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

The Kins posted:

From the "Fresh Free Copies Of A Game You Already Own" files:

https://twitter.com/GOGGalaxy/status/1272852782891008000

Yes, this should work for the console versions too - hook up your Xbox Live or PSN account and if it has playtime for The Witcher 3 logged, it apparently counts!

Keep in mind that there's an issue with Galaxy "recognizing" the Steam GOTY version of the game:
https://twitter.com/GOGGalaxy/status/1272923251182796800

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But do I have to give them my email?

I will jump through the hoops though because I have a PC that should be cobbled together enough to handle W3 now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I bet they offer some sort of bonus content to Cyberpunk if you buy it through GOG and own Witcher 3

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Note that connecting GOG to PSN isn't working atm if you're on Windows 10.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
So I have XBOX Game Pass that has Witcher 3 right now, I loaded it up and played for 10 minutes on my XB1, then connected my account to GOG and it gave me a copy. If you’re truly desperate for Witcher 3 you could start a trial and get it for free this way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gann Jerrod posted:

So I have XBOX Game Pass that has Witcher 3 right now, I loaded it up and played for 10 minutes on my XB1, then connected my account to GOG and it gave me a copy. If you’re truly desperate for Witcher 3 you could start a trial and get it for free this way.

Is it GOTY?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gann Jerrod posted:

that doesn't sound free, i'll have to give someone an email

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Rinkles posted:

Is it GOTY?

Just the base game.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Gann Jerrod posted:

So, W3 is NOT on PC gamepass, which i signed up to for 1 month like a dumbass.

Luckily, i just used MS points.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

OgNar posted:

So, W3 is NOT on PC gamepass, which i signed up to for 1 month like a dumbass.

Luckily, i just used MS points.

It's not free but the pc pass is a pretty good deal

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Has anyone tried that Samurai Showdown NeoGeo collection? Neither myself or anyone I know has gotten it to work right, with problems from stuttering gameplay to missing menus and in my case no ingame graphics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one

GOG is giving away a trilogy of old D&D games as part of their D&D sale. It's the Eye of the Beholder trilogy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

GOG is giving away a trilogy of old D&D games as part of their D&D sale. It's the Eye of the Beholder trilogy.

That's great. The first two run on ScummVM and I was about to play both a while ago them but couldn't find the disks for the second game and because I'm an idiot that somehow stopped me from playing the first game.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Hidden-object game Adam Wolfe was just added as a IndieGala Freebie. Seems decently well reviewed if you're into HO games?

They've also added some... other games :cripes:

Waffleman_ posted:

Ooh, thanks!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Stickman posted:

They've also added some... other games :cripes:

You can't say that and not post that it's an early 2000s Newgrounds tier hentai block slider game

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

it appears there's also an indiegala giveaway game where aliens have invaded your bathroom and you have to get rid of them space invaders-style by shooting turds out of your butt

:nws: https://dhuncensored.indiegala.com/not-in-my-crapper/ :nws:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
no thanks, I’m good

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it appears there's also an indiegala giveaway game where aliens have invaded your bathroom and you have to get rid of them space invaders-style by shooting turds out of your butt

:nws: https://dhuncensored.indiegala.com/not-in-my-crapper/ :nws:

Digital Homicide's back?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Waffleman_ posted:

Welp, this was on my wishlist to buy once it was on sale and I didn't have a glut of games to go through, not I have both!

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Spirits of Xanadu doesn't belong among that collection of trash. It's a pretty short & enjoyable System Shock-like game that's absolutely worth the small amount of time it wants from you.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

Beginning here. Be aware that they were written as companion pieces to a casual LP, adjunct to an LP of hitman 2016; you may need the videos for full context.
Thanks.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
No mention of the weekly Epic freebie yet? It's Pathway. I don't know anything about it.

Next week is Aer: Memories of Old, which I can recommend for a nice, relaxed exploration-adventure, and Stranger Things 3: The Game, which I'm sure is a game of some kind.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Pathway looks kinda neat. Indiana Jones tactics

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sentinels Of The Multiverse is free on Android. It was also free on iOS, but it looks like it's not anymore?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Goons in the iOS thread were talking about the Sentinels game recently. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but it seems to be a free base game with paid DLC.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The base isn't free, but there is a tiny little free baby mode (Learn To Play edition) with one villain, one location, and four of the heroes (without any of their variants I think).

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
Wasn't The Escapists 2 supposed to be free on EGS this week also?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Lead Psychiatry posted:

Wasn't The Escapists 2 supposed to be free on EGS this week also?
There's some kind of hickup. It'll probably be added later on.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/242700/Injustice_Gods_Among_Us_Ultimate_Edition/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pathway started out kind of lovely, but then they patched most of the balance problems. it's a good game now. well, unless you want all the achievements. that's a hellgrind packed with rng.