Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tonfa posted:

See Breath of Fire IV (2000) for a take on this idea that wasn't done by a manchild

You mean the best Breath of Fire?

That game owns hard and Fou-Lu remains one of my favorite JRPG villains ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Zongerian posted:

Go back to cspam

:troll:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
You know, the quippy Joss Whedon-type dialogue of Uncharted really doesn’t fit the whole “revenge and brutality” vibe they try to get across.

Also holy poo poo does that game expose the limitations from the Naughty Dog writers. None of these characters sound different from one another a few hours in.

(I guess Joel is a different archetype so his speech wasn’t as similar, but he got a golf club to the skull)

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
It seems more and more that Druckman thinks that if you invert the genders the trope suddenly is fine? Joel got put on the fridge, Lev is totally a damsel in distress and so on

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want Naughty Dog to make a new Uncharted game where I get to pal around more with Charlie Cutter from Uncharted 3

Chloe and Charlie adventures

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

It seems more and more that Druckman thinks that if you invert the genders the trope suddenly is fine? Joel got put on the fridge, Lev is totally a damsel in distress and so on

right its just misandry good point. speak on this more.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doomtrain posted:

The one with the sex scene is deliberately cropped because it shows its an entirely different guy in the full shot.

I guess that explains this from Abby's actor:

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/status/1274062644442304512

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Harrow posted:

I want Naughty Dog to make a new Uncharted game where I get to pal around more with Charlie Cutter from Uncharted 3

Chloe and Charlie adventures

That would be great. Bring back the co-op modes and make multiplayer not a steaming pile of poo poo again and it would be awesome. Every Sony studio seems allergic to multiplayer these days though :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Zongerian posted:

If you liked the first one you will like this one game wise, the writing is not as good but it is more ridiculous. It's a good "Part 2"

thnx for the answer now back to our dog blastin program

POW!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Lmaoooo

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

so does the druckmann insert even exist? I thought it was just the guy who spit on joel but lol @ all of this

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I feel bad for Laura and all the junk she’s probably read.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

No its a Duckman insert

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Watching all the clips of Pat suffering through the game on twitch is easily the bast way to experience TLOU2.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

:negative:

The game is decent give it a chance

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

so does the druckmann insert even exist? I thought it was just the guy who spit on joel but lol @ all of this

people think that the guy who spits on joel is a self insert. i think it's a funny idea and there's some good memes about it, but i'm not sure if i genuinely believe that. for one, that guy gets unceremoniously shot in the face, doesn't feel like an end that a pretentious autheur would give to his self-insert OC.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

ConanThe3rd posted:

Watching all the clips of Pat suffering through the game on twitch is easily the bast way to experience TLOU2.

link please?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Assuming they mean Pat Boivon here's his clips from the last 24 hours (probably need to swap it to past 7 days soon since some of them are getting close to over a day old.) https://www.twitch.tv/patstaresat/clips?filter=clips&range=24hr

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
The "Chinatown" or "Annie Hall" of video games

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The game is neither as bad as the worst criticisms, nor as good as the most flowery paid advert review. It's just sort of there. The game-play is the game-play. Did you like TLoU1? You'll probably like 2. The story has cute moments, but mostly it's just two revenge stories bumping into each other to literally no catharsis. Nobody learns anything, nothing is meaningfully said in or out of the narrative. A bunch of bad things happen and the story ends. The end, no moral.

It's certainly not saying anything about the cycle of violence or some poo poo like that, because we kill like 8 million people in the final seconds only to not kill the one person that has it coming the most because....eh, I don't know, might as well walk away? And the other character gets her revenge, and in exchange nearly everyone she knows gets loving slaughtered and she'll probably die in a few months like everyone else in this shitheap of a world. She sure did kill that guy though!

e: Also the company that made it is dogshit and never give them any of your money.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 19, 2020

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think the reviews are paid I just think some game journos want to pretend they work for the New Yorker and like to wax poetic.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ya ill ive heard and seen makes it sound like a mediocre cover shooter with a story that doesnt really go anywhere. idgi whats compels a 90 page long thread about owning the chuds by paying a megacorp for a product or people crying about how they killed my interchangeable gruff old dude lol

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Bunch of bigot sandwiches in this thread.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

hatty posted:

I don’t think the reviews are paid I just think some game journos want to pretend they work for the New Yorker and like to wax poetic.

Also probably tons that are insecure about the fact that they review video games so they need to proclaim that games are finally serious now.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So the plot for the 3rd game is Dina dies and Ellie tracks down her kid to become that kid's Joel.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

As Alanah Pearce, an ex-IGN reviewer, put it, reviewers are often more afraid of public backlash than they are of being blacklisted by developers/publishers. At the same time they tend to be, well, writers who take themselves and their opinions very seriously, so sometimes you get reviewers waxing poetic about a Very Serious Game being Very Important and being entirely sincere about it.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
A pro-wrestler I like is streaming this game on twitch, time to tune in and change my own opinion based on whether he enjoys it or not :v:

jokes aside im going to watch because he's a nice dude and i'm interested to see how someone who's going in completely blind and is also much less extremely online than we are and not tuned in with any Gaming Discourse™ is going to respond to it

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

His Twitter Bio is literally the super hero version of himself in the in-game collectible card game.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
So the final spoken words of the game are “yep”

:lol:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

most of the thread was ppl declaring all video game narratives pointless while also misunderstanding them its been a great time

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BexGu posted:

His Twitter Bio is literally the super hero version of himself in the in-game collectible card game.

that's not what a self-insert is lol

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Miching Mallecho posted:

So the final spoken words of the game are “yep”

:lol:

well the last thing said in LofU 1 was "ok"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im so glad that this game is finally out and that one guy itt who was screaming how can you know its bad if nobody's playyed it yet???? constantly has been proven wrong

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

RottenK posted:

A pro-wrestler I like is streaming this game on twitch, time to tune in and change my own opinion based on whether he enjoys it or not :v:

jokes aside im going to watch because he's a nice dude and i'm interested to see how someone who's going in completely blind and is also much less extremely online than we are and not tuned in with any Gaming Discourse™ is going to respond to it

Who was it?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
sorry your video game dad died commiserations it'll get easier

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

fridge corn posted:

Im so glad that this game is finally out and that one guy itt who was screaming how can you know its bad if nobody's playyed it yet???? constantly has been proven wrong

Just you wait, literally everyone who hates the game because its terrible will be an alt right chud very soon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does she have a tweet about why the game is bad? Bigger issue going unaddressed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dogstile posted:

Just you wait, literally everyone who hates the game because its terrible will be an alt right chud very soon.

MOD EDIT: Do not do this Stux

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't know what the edit means, but the post, when taken in good faith, seems reasonable enough. I mean, maybe I'm naive, but I don't think most countries in europe are full of pedos, even if their age of consent is lower than ours (and should probably be raised).

I mean, countries should have one uniform time for when you become an adult. Like, here in the USA isn't it 3 different ages for when you can drink, kill for your country, and fuuuuuk?