Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I'm poly and clustering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

kntfkr posted:

I just made my second youtube thumbnail and it is really bad and I don't know why I did it on my phone using the worst application of all time. Nevertheless, I expect my channel to takeoff soon now that I am half-way to mastering the youtube thumbnail format game.

Youtube thumbnail finder

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm poly and clustering

That came up in my recommendeds too.

It isn't really clear to me *what* exact processing intensive poo poo would be useful to run on that. Like specific examples and links to how-to-set-up guides, etc.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

That's a fantastic video, highly recommended.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Free Market Mambo posted:

That's a fantastic video, highly recommended.

Been watching a lot of woodworking vids and remembered shop class and all the talk about kickbacks, so I was curious how you totally prevent them from happening...turns out it's more complex than just not being an idiot. If I were using a table saw I would use super long push sticks and stand to the side, not taking any chances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Just a simple bad thumbnail that popped up fro me today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Been watching a lot of woodworking vids and remembered shop class and all the talk about kickbacks, so I was curious how you totally prevent them from happening...turns out it's more complex than just not being an idiot. If I were using a table saw I would use super long push sticks and stand to the side, not taking any chances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

This is a drat good video. I used to do a lot of woodworking and yeah I did do some dumb poo poo looking back on it.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Continental Army Cook Dad is too pure for this thread.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

the two last posts are from two of my favorite youtubers. thanks for listening to my story.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

the two last posts are from two of my favorite youtubers. thanks for listening to my story.

Townsends rules.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

heck yeah, i love his videos about some of the more weird (to modern tastes) recipes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

(An upload of "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" won't leave me alone.)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
It's always funny seeing legit good youtube channels with legit good content have thumbnails that still have that... youtube thumbnail vibe. Not something you can really fault them for doing, but still funny.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

It's always funny seeing legit good youtube channels with legit good content have thumbnails that still have that... youtube thumbnail vibe. Not something you can really fault them for doing, but still funny.

I love this cartoon.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

"Hey honey I know your water just broke but there's no point to this kid if we can't get the perfect YouTube Face thumbnail picture for the birth video and all your complaining isn't making this go any faster"

...yeah I know it was most likely taken weeks before but I can't understate how much I loving loathe the YouTube face thing. It's just so goddamn cringy.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I clicked this, it was bullshit. They only heated the knife for a minute with a gas cooker and it cooled so quickly it couldn't even cut half way though.

My recommends are now all Funko Pop collectors, and it may be the emptiest looking hobby I've ever encountered on YouTube. I've watched so many weird collectors videos, and none have been as lifeless as these guys.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Always open anything that's a candidate for this thread in a private window, or Youtube will judge you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

if you don't permanently poison your recommends how will you get content for the thread

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
content for the thread god

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

I'm going to assume this is some chud "sjw in my game?!!" poo poo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Laterite posted:

I'm going to assume this is some chud "sjw in my game?!!" poo poo

Of course. Another reason user reviews on metacritic are worthless.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Apparently the game also pulls some bullshit that non-chuds hate as well (sometimes the same things the chuds hate for completely different reasons) so its really a lose lose for the game's reputation overall

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I haven't played it and had no interest in doing so to begin with, but apparently there's a trans character who gets deadnamed which can be pretty upsetting. Certainly only lessens my own already non-existent desire to play it.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Ghostlight posted:

if you don't permanently poison your recommends how will you get content for the thread

just lol if you don't have a second browser logged into a dedicated YT account solely for this thread

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I'd play a game with swole Greta as the protagonist tbh

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

System Metternich posted:

I'd play a game with swole Greta as the protagonist tbh

A doom clone but you kill capitalists instead of demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Woebin posted:

I haven't played it and had no interest in doing so to begin with, but apparently there's a trans character who gets deadnamed which can be pretty upsetting. Certainly only lessens my own already non-existent desire to play it.

there's also a part where you violently kill a dog which is a big no