Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

Perhaps the most notable thing about that title list is that Prudent is a Temperance title.

...We have a stat named "Prudence", but Prudent is a title for another stat. Lobotomy Corporation... Sure is a game.

e: mechanics update on previous page. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Title of Absolute Disaster should be given to someone...

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

An "I survived an Aleph breach and all I got was this title", title :v:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

Perhaps the most notable thing about that title list is that Prudent is a Temperance title.

...We have a stat named "Prudence", but Prudent is a title for another stat. Lobotomy Corporation... Sure is a game.

The titles sound like they come from an employee review from. But the stats are the four cardinal virtues (prudence, temperance, fortitude, justice), because Lobotomy corporation loves it's religious symbolism. I wouldn't be surprised if the game unlocks something based on the three theological virtues (faith, hope, charity) later one.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
...Fire Eater is a possible suffix?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The game as a whole is actually pretty moddable, there's a few youtube videos with hilarious changes like bass boosting [REDACTED]'s breathing or sprite changing certain anomalies :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Day 13: Story

Music: Dungeon - Wrong Way Street

Huh? Oh… it's you again. Okay, lay it on me.

Do not trust the AI at your side.

...That's it?

You didn't let me explain.

You're right. Please, go on.

Some can even imitate human emotions with ease. However, they can do things you are not aware of yet.

Or rather, to be more precise, they can withhold information. If the controller of an AI has given the order to not share specific information… It has no obligation to tell the truth to anyone, other than that controller.

I’ve programmed an AI before. Well, participated in the programming, to be exact… That’s how I know for a fact that an AI will not necessarily tell the truth. In case you doubt what I’m saying… I will send you a program for your monitor that I developed myself.

The nose will lengthen. The color red means untruth. This is a test version, so it can only be used once.

In summary: ANGELA IS UNTRUSTWORTHY :derp: :asoiaf: :derp:

Also, B gives us a single-use program which exposes lies an AI tells us in a Pinocchioesque manner, but instead of making Angela's nose grow it'll make the monitor we're using glow red.

Music: The 6th Light

I’ve been feeling really confident lately!

I bet that confidence thing's about to change. Hi, Angela! :v:

Ah, Lady Angela! Are you talking about my counseling program? Thank you!

Yes, shut it down immediately.

Don’t delude yourself, Hod. You don’t sincerely believe that counseling can be of any help in this place, do you?

But… But I want to continue it... As long as there’s an employee who needs me… What about Tiffany? She… she said my program helped her cope with her stress…

She… what?

I bet she said something like this whenever she came to you: “Miss Hod, you’re helping me so much! But I think I’ll need a bit of Enkephalin on top of your counseling to ease my melancholy! It’s just a little extra, of course...” You prescribed highly addictive substances as if you were handing out candy to children.

:ohdear:

And what about Netzach? You gave him the substance as well. I temporarily gave you access to Enkephalin because I determined you could use it for your “counseling program” to reduce the stress level of the employees, and yet you’ve only been creating drug addicts.

Netzach… He told me that he wanted to introduce the program to his team…

Hod, your naive compassion is only driving things to become worse around here. Your program is hereby terminated.

The employees will do anything to coax whatever they desire out of you. They have nothing left to lose; they won’t even feel any guilt about it.

In summary: Hod's counseling program was apparently pushing :catdrugs: all along, and she wasn't helping anyone so much as getting them high as hell. Angela steps in to brutally shut down the program and give Hod a talking to about ever trusting the employees. Also, Netzach is a drug-addict, apparently. That's… that's probably fine. :ohdear:

You sure you won't get in trouble for telling me to treat the employees like partners?

Um… it should be okay! I didn't say anything untrue.

Right. Well, at least this mission is easy. I'm sure I still have a rank 3 agent around here somewhere…

Most managers have the opposite problem by the time they get to this point. I'm used to helping rank 2 or 3 agents grow, not polishing off the skills of level 5 veterans. You really have a knack for management!

Thanks. I try my best.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: We meet a magical girl, and someone gets a new tat.

Galstaff, you have entered the door to the north. You are now by yourself standing in a dark room-

I check for traps! You're supposed to check for traps, right?

Don't look at me, I've never played this nerd stuff.

:rolldice: You don't see any traps. However, a dank, fell beast drops down from on high!

What kind of beast? Is it fluffy?

No, it's a hairless thing the size of a dog with folded, saggy skin, with pus dripping from open sores as a small swarm of ticks and bugs leap about its body. It growls and snarls at you.

I feed it.

What? You're supposed to roll initiative-

I. Feed. It. The thing's clearly got a preference for Instinct work, so I give it food and pet it.

Uh… make a saving throw?

:rolldice: 14?

You… feed it. Successfully? It growls and bites at you, and you take… 2 damage.

Cool. How many boxes does it make? How's my Fortitude looking?

I don't think that's how this game works…

Then this game is stupid. If it can't help me survive tomorrow, what's the point?

Hey..! This game's really important to me. My family always played it together to forget about bad days at work or school.

Oh, you're a Nest baby, huh. Must be nice to have time for games. Down in the Backstreets, we had to do things like...

Tenebrais, let's just calm down. This is a really nice game, and I'm sure-

N-nah, it's okay, Credentia. I know I was born lucky. It's probably how I got a job here so easily. :sweatdrop:

Twee…

Anyways… I have a lot of memories wrapped up in this game, and I just thought it might be nice to share it with my coworkers, so… Y'know. I just wanted to help everyone relax a bit!

I get all the relaxation I need from hittin' things. :toughguy:

Oh, come on Tenebrais. It can't hurt to blow off some steam, right?

...Alright, geeze. We'll keep playing. So what's an 'initiative,' anyways? Besides that thing Malkuth keeps insisting we always show...

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 2, 2021

mizure
Apr 14, 2020

Mizu "Just Mizu" Mizu, reporting for cutie!
Hod, no!! Choose hugs, not drugs!

TeeQueue posted:

In summary: ANGELA IS UNTRUSTWORTHY :derp: :asoiaf: :derp:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no waaaaaaaaay

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Goddamnit, Hod.

EDIT: The real revelation with this B stuff is that B has a really low opinion of our perceptiveness. Angela is super sketchy, and B thinking we don't know this already is kinda insulting.

Ratoslov fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 20, 2020

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

In Hod's defense, it's hard to imagine any method other than getting everyone high to work in a place like this.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
All of that, of course, assuming that Angela isn't just making poo poo up in the first place to shut Hod down.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hod is a good Sephirah that can do no wrong :colbert:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I would have thought LobCorp would be all in favour of drugging their employees, actually. Doped employees are happy employees who won't do silly wasteful things like commit suicide or charge at escaped abnormalities while unarmed.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Black Robe posted:

I would have thought LobCorp would be all in favour of drugging their employees, actually. Doped employees are happy employees who won't do silly wasteful things like commit suicide or charge at escaped abnormalities while unarmed.

They're also inattentive employees who won't do things like remembering to lock the door when they leave the enclosure, or make sure not to look at the Do Not Look At This Abnormality.

Also we need that enkephalin for making suits.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Angela? Untrustworthy? Please, the untrustworthy person here is clearly B, trying to sow the seeds of discord and make you distrust your immensely loyal and capable and intelligent and lovable and attractive AI companion whom you should love and cherish and always listen to :mad:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Angela could not be more untrustworthy if she tried.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Look at Angela's face. How could you not trust a face that cute?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Slaan posted:

Look at Angela's face. How could you not trust a face that cute?

And now we know why.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
She's just trying to help you manage the facility to the best of your ability don't be mean to her

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I do like how Angela tries to make it appear that she's your assistant when it's just you two, but when she talks to a Sephirah it's extremely clear that she's in charge and you aren't.

I mean. She's just showing initiative! Angela is so helpful and trustworthy!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I prefer HD Angela.
There's just something about having a nose.

Also the random corpse over there is a good reminder about things.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I do kinda feel bad for Angela since it's probably just how she was created. Her job and her entire existence are basically the same thing so it's not like she has much room to become anything else than what she is right now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Angela is just trying her best to help us.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I do kinda feel bad for Angela since it's probably just how she was created. Her job and her entire existence are basically the same thing so it's not like she has much room to become anything else than what she is right now.

One day, a question crossed my mind. Where do we come from? We were given life and left in this world against our own volition.
To live was a process full of pain.
In the end, they were bound to life. We existed only to express despair and ire.
We will understand life and the soul with our own hands.

My running theory at this point is that the Ordeals are the results of the other Wings of the World (such as the one that created Angela) messing with things that ought never be messed with just like we are. Mostly based on the Green ordeals having all that text about being made to exist among things more alive than them and then throwing robots at you; followed by Amber being related to food and Red being some sort of entertainment, which both seem like things essential enough that companies that become "the Wings of the World" would do.

Maybe the Violet ordeals will totally blow that theory up, but it's what I'm getting so far.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So Enkephalin can provide limitless "clean" "safe" energy, create amazing armor and weapons, and serves as a highly addictive wonder drug. What can't Enkephalin do?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

golden bubble posted:

So Enkephalin can provide limitless "clean" "safe" energy, create amazing armor and weapons, and serves as a highly addictive wonder drug. What can't Enkephalin do?

Make julienne fries, obviously.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

berryjon posted:

Make julienne fries, obviously.

https://youtu.be/h0ihd9Jaoro?t=16

Then clearly we need this as an equippable Tool Abnormality

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

golden bubble posted:

keep you from getting addicted to drugs

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Tenebrais posted:

My running theory at this point is that the Ordeals are the results of the other Wings of the World (such as the one that created Angela) messing with things that ought never be messed with just like we are. Mostly based on the Green ordeals having all that text about being made to exist among things more alive than them and then throwing robots at you; followed by Amber being related to food and Red being some sort of entertainment, which both seem like things essential enough that companies that become "the Wings of the World" would do.

Maybe the Violet ordeals will totally blow that theory up, but it's what I'm getting so far.
Didn't Angela straight up say A made her tho? Where are you getting this other wing stuff?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Doing post Day 21 missions and I think that's the moment which just makes me adore the game.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CHiRAL posted:

Didn't Angela straight up say A made her tho? Where are you getting this other wing stuff?

Very first cutscene.

TeeQueue posted:

I was born from one of the ‘Wings of the World.’ It signifies that I am one of the best to exist in this age.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I once heard someone pronounce Netzach as "nutsack" and I haven't been able to stop reading it that way ever since.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Re: Angela:

Day 1: Story posted:

I was born from one of the ‘Wings of the World.’ It signifies that I am one of the best to exist in this age.

Day 7: Story posted:

A. He is a visionary. A farmer who sowed seeds on a virgin soil no one had approached before. In time, he may express interest in meeting you in person. If that happens, you will be able to make your dreams come true.

But to be fair, he is the one who created me. He is also an enigmatic person. I imagine there are few who can truly understand him.

She mentioned both that a Wing of the World made her, and that A also made her. Since Lobotomy Corp is one of the Wings of the World, she's all but confirmed to be from this Wing.

my dad posted:

I once heard someone pronounce Netzach as "nutsack" and I haven't been able to stop reading it that way ever since.

Gah! I'm going to be doing this by accident again for another month now! :argh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

LC's currently 50% off on Steam, for those who don't have it yet. :toot:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

God drat, if I'd just waited a week before giving in and buying it!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

TeeQueue posted:

Re: Angela:

She mentioned both that a Wing of the World made her, and that A also made her. Since Lobotomy Corp is one of the Wings of the World, she's all but confirmed to be from this Wing.

Assuming, of course, you trust anything she says.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Assuming, of course, you trust anything she says.

She's actually just a clerk with a very good line of bullshit. B's her accomplice.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Kitfox88 posted:

Thank you! Yeah, I only started reading this thread after the last time, so I didn't get to take advantage of it then. I have it now though!

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The story experience with the LP is good, but the game really is something else playing it yourself. Take advantage of the sale, peeps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

This feels like the kind of game that would make me lose my mind and not in the fun way. But that's a me-problem and not with the game. The lp's the only way I could get into this. There's just too much to keep track of for my monkey brain.