Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sindai posted:

EDIT: Not, one, but two monster girl harem series in the same season? How oddly synchronous

i don't know about the other one but peter grill is basically going to be like... think about all the things interspecies reviewers could've gone the absolutely wrong way on

peter grill goes that way every time. it's trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Coxswain Balls posted:

That's funny, this has been the best season for me since I started watching stuff again. I found there were lots of shows that caught my interest, and this season has had a much better ratio of shows I found excellent to ones I found just okay. Different strokes for different folks.
Yeah, between Kaguya, Princess Connect, My Next Life As A Villainess, and Kakushigoto this has been one of my favourite seasons.
Of all the series I started this season only one of them (Appare-Ranman) ended up getting delayed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
News update:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1273812871558774785

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1273814087034519554

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hell yeah, more Golden Kamuy.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Coxswain Balls posted:

Tamayomi didn't live up to what I was expecting from the preview art, but it ended up being better than it seemed it was going to be from the rough first couple of episodes. I really got into it once they started playing some actual games, and the season finale could have gone either way which was exciting.

I think I actually enjoy watching baseball if it's condensed into just 30 minutes a week. I guess I should check out Princess Nine next.

Tamayomi is really good about the details of baseball and about the type of pitches and calls you need to make. I’m researching Princess Nine and it doesn’t in depth as much, but the cast of characters is better and the old animation has way more charm to it. So I’d definitely recommend checking out Princess Nine.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Coxswain Balls posted:

That's funny, this has been the best season for me since I started watching stuff again.

Yeah this season had some good stuff, Grouchio's just grumpy because his favorite isekai got delayed.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm always happy to see more of the best cooking manga out there get animated

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Patware posted:

i don't know about the other one but peter grill is basically going to be like... think about all the things interspecies reviewers could've gone the absolutely wrong way on

peter grill goes that way every time. it's trash

OTOH, it's not about the mechanics of the act, just him waking up going "oh gently caress oh gently caress I did it again I'm gonna die," so it's not likely to be the censorship cluster that Reviewers was.

The doctor one isn't particularly ecchi from what I remember.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

cave emperor posted:

Yeah this season had some good stuff, Grouchio's just grumpy because his favorite isekai got delayed.

Nah that's me.

Where's my spider isekai. I was pretty sure it had to show up for summer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still waiting on slime witch.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

When's Wandering Witch gonna get a release date.......

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i assume a lot of these shows that were announced but didn't have dates yet have been quietly bumped back a season or two

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I just hope Re:Zero season 2 comes out with a cute blue haired girl, the series is really missing that

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maxwell Adams posted:

Nah that's me.

Where's my spider isekai. I was pretty sure it had to show up for summer.

I gave up on spider isekai anime as soon as I realized they're going with the uglier light novel designs instead of the cute manga ones.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

looks good to me!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

None of that shows the main character, a spider.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Spider, So What?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kwyndig posted:

the main character could be a sack of potatoes voiced by Yuuki Aoi and i'd watch it. also she's front and center

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 20, 2020

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

So Spider, So What?

God drat that’s some poor design

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Agronox posted:

God drat that’s some poor design

Why is the I'm A so separate from the rest?

It's designed in a way that one could easily just see it as a volume number at a glance and ignore it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Kwyndig posted:

Actually, it does.

5 spiders in fact!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ZBo9JbEAk

I wish the dragon didn't look like a PS1 cutscene.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Paracelsus posted:

so it's not likely to be the censorship cluster that Reviewers was.

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1274150087808045056

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So far this season, I've enjoyed BNA and Kakushigoto, but I'm still on the fence with Gleipnir.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
So dense that she couldn’t be contained within a single season, Bakarina S2 announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKS83C6kbw

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
According to people who read the novels, Bakarina gets worse after the events of the first series though....

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Tamayomi didn't live up to what I was expecting from the preview art, but it ended up being better than it seemed it was going to be from the rough first couple of episodes. I really got into it once they started playing some actual games, and the season finale could have gone either way which was exciting.

I think I actually enjoy watching baseball if it's condensed into just 30 minutes a week. I guess I should check out Princess Nine next.

If I was into baseball, I might've kept up with it, but I ended up dropping it because there animation was so poor. It is amazing that they were able to still get it all out, but there was just a lot QUALITY, even on the updated version.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

According to people who read the novels, Bakarina gets worse after the events of the first series though....

It's definitely something I'm concerned about, but from what I've read, I don't think it's by any means unworkable, especially given that S1 seemed quite willing to embellish and outright invent original content. The main challenge they'll have IMO is preventing the gag of Katarina's denseness/inability to make any sort of actual romantic progress from getting stale - it's already kinda getting there.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Fangz posted:

From what I’ve heard, it doesn’t really get worse or anything. It meanders about for a few novels while the author tries to come up with a new plot, but once that starts it’s fine.

Edit: Bookworm S3 announced as well
https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1274404873404952577?s=20

Exia fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 20, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Exia posted:

From what I’ve heard, it doesn’t really get worse or anything. It meanders about for a few novels while the author tries to come up with a new plot, but once that starts it’s fine.

Edit: Bookworm S3 announced as well
https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1274404873404952577?s=20

I really like bookworm so this is great

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

That's not an announcement

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hope one is coming though as the ending sure was one of the more cliffhanger and read the source ones in awhile

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

It's probably trying to catch to the protagonist's denseness.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Bakarina light novels (in English) have been in a bit of a holding pattern which reads like the series was supposed to end of the game events but it became popular so more needs to be written. Hopefully though that's sorted out and future stuff gets back in the groove and hey, it's something a good adaptation can fix (like

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

There's that, and there's also, as I understand it, the better characters being sidelined in favour of worse characters.

On a brighter note I enjoyed Bookworm this season and hope it gets another.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

The first series has been boringly safe though. No bounds ever get pushed meaningfully, relationship progress is kept at a standstill or ignored for side plots, and the one antagonist it did have is a staple otome game cliche.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Bakarina light novels (in English) have been in a bit of a holding pattern which reads like the series was supposed to end of the game events but it became popular so more needs to be written. Hopefully though that's sorted out and future stuff gets back in the groove and hey, it's something a good adaptation can fix (like

The next book in English is the start of more of a plotline again. It is exactly as you say: the series was supposed to end with book 2 (where the anime also ends in season 1,) but got popular and continued. The author just took a few books to figure out what to do next in the overall story.

Strange Quark posted:

The first series has been boringly safe though. No bounds ever get pushed meaningfully, relationship progress is kept at a standstill or ignored for side plots, and the one antagonist it did have is a staple otome game cliche.

The cliche is probably intentional. It's an affectionate parody (one of the first) of the otome genre and follows a lot of the most standard cliches to have fun with them.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Exia posted:

So dense that she couldn’t be contained within a single season

That's the opposite of how density works.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So dense that she doesn't even work how density is supposed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

dublish posted:

That's the opposite of how density works.
It can be, super dense materials are known to break their containers.