Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Many years ago, I said to my son... you must learn the ways of.... Towelette Patattucci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lmao Stretchy, so good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Virtual Balboa, Brock Winthrop, Bart Hacker, Wyatt, Prick Baxter, Tommy Vee, Red Brown, Fennel Cartwright, Frickey Weaver, Cooter, Bernard Fuddle, Dirk Funk, Reuben Norman, Curtis Nayla, Gomez, Levi Goulet, Buddy Gripple, Grover Knox, Herman Snodgrass, Desmond Sanford, Holmes, Reginald Maplethorp, Dudley, Gianini, Dan Lyman, Nuno Gloop, Tanyo Lubbock, Enrique, Luke, Kermit Neville, Nipper, The Polish Stallion, Lars, Don Savage, Rusty Savage, Skippy, Rex, Sissy, Wallace Thrasher aka Stretchy, Dr. Slap, Bonecrusher Smith, Bo "Bobo" Tucci, Nigel Zacket, Spicy Legato, Hooper, Dusty Staccato, Lloyd Wabbit, Raul, Herbert Prick, Axel Rod, Jacques, Mr. Freebus, Monroe, Kirby, Cecil Conklin, Bernie at UPS, Freddie, Hubbard, Remmington, Luther Manhole, Jackson, Monty, Benedict, Bri-Bri, Ray-Ray, Roy, Sylvester, Malcolm, Spencer, Kiplet, Swanson, Salzar, Ben Claypaper, Elmo Slaughter from the Cave of the Winds, Rasmussen Yassin, Dawson Yassin, Starchild, Franklin Donovan, François (from Lip Smackers), Uno Sarcagian Garabaldian (the Desert Diva), Simmons, Pumpernickel Bracket, Benny Liquid, Rick Slick, Stedman Slick, Gopher Bone, Duncan Whopper, Duncan Cocker, Fifi Nono, Hot Frog, Flip Liquid, Herbie, Stanley, Gavinah, Rick Brown, Sergio, Pierre Tanoy the Tree Cutter, Ewan Rump, Deiter, Shiek

Dirk Rayne
May 31, 2020
You're talking to Dirk Rayne mister

So it's like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SauMLB7dlxY

Dirk Rayne fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 17, 2020

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

i don’t like the sound of your voice, young man

Dirk Rayne
May 31, 2020
I'm LPC :(
https://youtu.be/erjCCcqlwL8

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

*stands sparticusly* im lpc

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

i haven’t even identified who y’are

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Dirk Rayne posted:

You're talking to Dirk Rayne mister

Bring my cleat to yer LIP

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Starting a petition to rename GBS "Big Tucker's Sweat House"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
somehow this was an outtake, this is probably my favorite call I've heard from him so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr49txvlke4

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JAMOOOL posted:

somehow this was an outtake, this is probably my favorite call I've heard from him so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr49txvlke4

When I went to watch the LPC doc screening they had him do some calls after the movie, and he did something a lot like this to a local pizza place. Funny as hell

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Ok never heard that one before, it was pretty great.

Is the movie out yet?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Frederick Frick

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm stratospheric

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I'm calling from the triangular department

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I gotcher number from the super market

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

...challah?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Riptor posted:

...challah?

W O V E N

B R E A D

Y’know, breEeaaDthATsWooOvEnTOGether?

Lemme get an orangedonut

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

ORANGEDONUT!

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm stratospheric

i'm the great annihilator. i'll bring you down to the depths, where you'll be slayed, and then ill bring you so far down that you'll be decimated.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
your avatar would dissolve and disintegrate facing me upon the battlefield.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i got a two story battle cannon. it weighs 45000 pounds. it's gunmetal grey. and i'm lookin to sell it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Have you ever been to La Junta, Colorado?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

im known as horseshoe around here

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I just watched the LPC documentary and it was embarrassingly bad. It should be edited down to 20 minutes of LPC-at-home footage and put on youtube. Don't watch it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

wa27 posted:

I just watched the LPC documentary and it was embarrassingly bad. It should be edited down to 20 minutes of LPC-at-home footage and put on youtube. Don't watch it.

The part about Art Shaffner was really good, and shed a lot of light on him

knox
Oct 28, 2004

either you're gonna play the cymbal on stage for us tonight, or I'm gonna take a cymbal to yur lip tomorrow morning how's that sound

I don't think I've laughed harder at something more than I have with Longmont Potion Castle. I used to cry laughing at some of the poo poo, the names alone; I've shown it to a lot of people and either they think it's the funniest poo poo ever or they hate it and stare at you questioning why I think it's funny. I haven't checked out any of the newer poo poo or anything that wasn't widely available by 2006- it seemed he started using a lot more voice distortion/effects though which were my least favorite calls, but I know LPC gonna mix it up so definitely need to get on that.

knox fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 26, 2020

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It's too bad the doc is bad but I'll still watch it eventually

I like the one of two times the person on the other end knew who he was and got stoked

Just some rope movin around

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Chrpno posted:

DIRK FUNK

Routinely used this name in video games since, was always my favorite.

The March Hare posted:

I think rope may be my all time favorite LPC call.

I always thought Rope was the most 'accessible' LPC call and it was the first LPC thing I'd play if I was trying to introduce a friend to it every time.

knox fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 26, 2020

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
lpc names are great for games and also finding other lpc fans in game to say funny lines to.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
a significant portion of my friends know me as Buck for some reason

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

LPC's phony names was the Key & Peele East/West Bowl skit eons before either of them were even famous.

The man was/is simply an oracle and an innovator.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I just scored a Digitech RDS 8000 Time Machine delay unit on eBay for $80 C.O.D. Gonna try it out with my omni prong coupler later on, see if I can get virtual with my sound.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ralph Hurley posted:

I just scored a Digitech RDS 8000 Time Machine delay unit on eBay for $80 C.O.D. Gonna try it out with my omni prong coupler later on, see if I can get virtual with my sound.

Use your digital chess session to run a benchmark; maybe use the retro vaporized nebulizer, too.

chessssssssssssssssssssssssss

PS: The guy at the Sunglass Hut was talkin' bout you, just thought i'd let ya know.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXae9IBheOI

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

triple double flip

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Surely the Liartown dude was channeling LPC for his TV credits:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Riptor posted:

triple double flip

Literally the first thing I said into the mic when I plugged in the effect unit. It actually takes some fine tuning of the settings and a bit of practice to get the effect right. Makes you appreciate what a master LPC is. It’s also great for its intended purpose, just getting real weird with guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
This is Dirk, put Josh on