Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Darth Walrus posted:

Ooh, wow, that's a big scalp. Ashworth is in trouble if they felt confident enough to suspend his wife.

I doubt it, I think this is just for looks, they won, their buddies are now in leadership roles in the party whilst they get safe high salaried positions in Unison for the time being safe away from any real consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This was in a comment on the Ash & Oranges affair threads:

Sergei Prokofiev - Symphonic suite from "Love for Three Oranges" Op. 33bis (audio + sheet music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx5-QEdySLo

quote:

"The Ridiculous People," adapted from the opera's prologue, depicts the arguments between the various characters (represented by distinct instrumental ideas) and the ultimate subjugation of their ideas by the forceful Ridiculous People themselves. In "Scene from Hades," Prokofiev uses eerie instrumental effects to represent a card game played by Fata Morgana in Hell. The "March," made famous by dozens of arrangements (it was a staple of violinist Jascha Heifetz's recitals), finds the sick Prince being carried to a party contrived to make him smile. The movement's march rhythms are continually inflected by strident, "wrong-note" sonorities. The remainder of the suite is comprised of "Scherzo" (here reworked into an effective orchestral miniature), a romantic interlude ("The Prince and the Princess"), and "Flight," a comic romp in which the villains are finally routed.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 21, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Three crossed smartphones and a star does not evoke a very left wing aesthetic IMO.

Or like a star made out of smartphones.

Ratjaculation posted:

Kirby likes stars

Kirby is symbol now

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
So tell me, fellow prisoners of this plague island, how excellent is the treament given to coronavirus patients as of right now?

Say, if I get the goddamn covid, and it gets bad and I can't breathe and all that, and I call 999, and tell them I can't loving breathe and I might in fact, no poo poo, die or something; will they actually send an ambulance? Will I actually get admitted to hospital or something, tests done to see if I have the corona, how my lungs are doing etc?

I'm feeling a bit anxious about this whole thing here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They sacrificed all the people in care homes to make sure the NHS didn't get overwhelmed and it worked. That's why we have 50k deaths

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

jaete posted:

So tell me, fellow prisoners of this plague island, how excellent is the treament given to coronavirus patients as of right now?

Say, if I get the goddamn covid, and it gets bad and I can't breathe and all that, and I call 999, and tell them I can't loving breathe and I might in fact, no poo poo, die or something; will they actually send an ambulance? Will I actually get admitted to hospital or something, tests done to see if I have the corona, how my lungs are doing etc?

Good
Yes
Yes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so I'm pretty sure that this thread is 100% on board with outing racists/misogynists/homophobes/transphobes/general bigots to their bosses but I was wondering if there's a line somewhere

like is someone's friends and family fair game? what about their partner?

I was looking at the abuse that Ash Sarkar got over the orange lolly pic and I was wondering how far I'd be comfortable going if I knew/found out the name and details of one of those people

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Julio Cruz posted:

so I'm pretty sure that this thread is 100% on board with outing racists/misogynists/homophobes/transphobes/general bigots to their bosses but I was wondering if there's a line somewhere

like is someone's friends and family fair game? what about their partner?

I was looking at the abuse that Ash Sarkar got over the orange lolly pic and I was wondering how far I'd be comfortable going if I knew/found out the name and details of one of those people

This is something I really struggle with. Is it ok to be married to an horrendous person and have their kids, but claim that you don’t support their awful ideas?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
i say out them to everybody, let god sort them out

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I mean if I was to wed I would simply ensure it was to someone whose views aren't excerable

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

jaete posted:

As good as it can be except for making you wait till symptoms progress before admitting you

If you were at the stage in your example they would admit you immediately

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

What an arse.

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1274753062020636674?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Much like David hid "Baddie" within his own surname from before birth, rubbing it in all our faces that he is in fact a bad person.

You could have stopped me Mr Police I gave you all the clues (like blacking up on TV)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

the replies to that tweet have someone called Marxist Rashford as their handle and I am full of joy at seeing that

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I saw this earlier when I was doing the Doom Scroll and initially assumed he was being sarcastic because it was too ridiculous to be sincere. Now I see what a fool I was.

Edit: actually looking back through his timeline he retweeted Ash putting down some chud so I think it's just very poorly judged sarcasm

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 21, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Party Boat posted:

I saw this earlier when I was doing the Doom Scroll and initially assumed he was being sarcastic because it was too ridiculous to be sincere. Now I see what a fool I was.

Bear in mind this is the guy who said Corbyn was anti-semitic because he pronounced Epstein (as in the wealthy pedo) as Ep-STINE (to rhyme with Einstein, Brian Epstein, Eisenstein, Frankenstein) instead of Ep-STEEN and apparently when Corbyn said 'EpSTINE' during a pre-election interview on tv 'every Jew in Britain would feel hit in the stomach' (or some such dramatic statement). Lots of Jewish people posted comments to the affect that 'no they didn't feel like that'.

I watched CSI NY the other day and they were talking about somebody -stein and pronounced it STINE not STEEN so it's not even standard US pronunciation.

Ed: Just saw your ed. I really don't think he's being sarcastic. I think he means it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think he's just trying to be funny and failing spectacularly. Don't need to know what side he's on to know it's rubbish

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

I think he's just trying to be funny and failing spectacularly. Don't need to know what side he's on to know it's rubbish

This could sum up his entire career tbf

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's gone, what was it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

It's gone, what was it?

it was something like "people celebrating terrorist attacks often do use seemingly innocuous things as a kind of code"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

It's gone, what was it?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

There are always receipts

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Claims it was satire. Whether it was or wasn't, there were plenty of comments that agreed with it.

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1274804022038474754?s=20

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1274805586237022211?s=20

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Uh yeah 100% he meant that and just hates getting bodied for it based on his track record

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if it was a joke it was very laboured and worded fairly earnestly, should have edited it a bit

or the used eye roll smiley?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

They sacrificed all the people in care homes to make sure the NHS didn't get overwhelmed and it worked. That's why we have 50k deaths

Right, so... ok. This is, I mean...

I suppose I should feel grateful for the involuntary sacrifice of all the old people, said sacrifice being forced upon them by Johnson and his cohort of cunts, but... ugh. :shrug:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This could sum up his entire career tbf

it was all downhill after Monkey Dust (and all uphill before it)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

lol

https://twitter.com/TypingOfTheRed/status/1274809317837934594

defending Count Dankula with "it's just a joke" and literally quoting from the Daily Stormer's guide on using humour and a light tone to spread hate

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

I mean if I was to wed I would simply ensure it was to someone whose views aren't excerable

This was my plan and it has worked for me, can recommend. Though I don't think she likes chocolate oranges.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/TypingOfTheRed/status/1274809317837934594

defending Count Dankula with "it's just a joke" and literally quoting from the Daily Stormer's guide on using humour and a light tone to spread hate
*wearing blackface and a nazi ss uniform* "Are we the Baddiel?"

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
TBF I think the bad tweet was just a combination of Poes law and Baddiel being realy poo poo at writing jokes.

Anytime now be a great time for him to actually apologise for the blackface thing though.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Go for it Scotland imo

https://twitter.com/TomTugendhat/status/1274723066598371332?s=19

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i mean i support indep scots mostly because the death of the union would be hilarious it’s definitely financially a terrible idea for them

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Its still really funny to see that particular argument levelled by Brexiteers though.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I think Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales have waited long enough for England to sort it's poo poo out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Seven minutes ago I just hit the big 40. And I have done absolutely gently caress all with my life. On my 30th, I spent about about an hour on the doorstep of my family home, nine months removed from the best/actually worst relationship I'd ever been in and sobbed my loving guts out. At the big four oh? I just want to catch the covid and loving die tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Seven minutes ago I just hit the big 40. And I have done absolutely gently caress all with my life. On my 30th, I spent about about an hour on the doorstep of my family home, nine months removed from the best/actually worst relationship I'd ever been in and sobbed my loving guts out. At the big four oh? I just want to catch the covid and loving die tbh

Happy... birthday? :confuoot:

This is why I value myself entirely based on video games; I play them a lot, ergo I achieve a lot.