Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lol that Matt Smith still looks exactly like Matt Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Does the app really decide to take someone clearly in his late fifties and make him look like a woman twenty years younger? I’m not sure who to be offended for first. It’s offensive enough when casting directors do it.

In other news, I’ve been watching a lot of Columbo lately and Jack Cassidy would have made a stellar Master for an alt-history American Doctor Who program.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

2house2fly posted:

Lol that Matt Smith still looks exactly like Matt Smith

Yeah, whatever model they have clearly analyzed his features, went wtf I don't understand this, and just gave him long hair.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm really disappointed with the Capaldi face swap.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, War and Twelve look nothing like themselves

I do like that Eleven lost their eyebrows

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think Matt Smith would look stranger with eyebrows tbh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nine looks like Nadya from What We Do in the Shadows.

And 13 looks like another Hemsworth brother (not Larry).

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Kate Bush as the 4th Doctor

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Muppetjedi posted:

She's already a real life Time Lord living among us, so it makes sense

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Muppetjedi posted:

*checks*

She definitely nails the look

Make her a lost incarnation of the Doctor

Get everyone that auditioned or wanted the role in on Chibbers' wild ride

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Everybody EXCEPT for that one weird dude who apparently has spent the last twenty years claiming he was actually the last official Classic Series Doctor despite never actually being involved with the show at all in any way?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody EXCEPT for that one weird dude who apparently has spent the last twenty years claiming he was actually the last official Classic Series Doctor despite never actually being involved with the show at all in any way?

The one who looks like a really dodgy secondhand car salesman?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yes! I was trying to think of his name but all I could think of to put in google was,"Doctor Who used car salesman?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ha, same. Luckily, google is amazing! David Burton!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thank you, it's as amazingly insane as I remember :)

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

The things people could get away with before the internet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I remember seeing it in DWM, and the very small article they wrote about it at the time dripped with ‘yeah, no, that’s not a thing’ energy.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
There was a pretty interesting feature about David Burton in the Nothing at the End of the Lane fanzine:

http://www.endofthelane.co.uk/burton.html

Wasn’t he also brought up in one of those Doctor Forever featurettes on the last few DVDs?

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Zaroff posted:

Wasn’t he also brought up in one of those Doctor Forever featurettes on the last few DVDs?

Yes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m now so curious! There must be something existing of 2 episodes’ worth of filming (if it ever actually happened) I can’t believe there’s not a single photo or frame of video remaining anywhere. Filming requires whole cast and crew. It’s pretty difficult to keep something like that completely secret.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

All the evidence seems to point to him having made it up for clout. Which is really funny, and a little sad. I mean, he could be vindicated yet! But it doesn't look likely.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Yeah, it 100% looks like there was a single lie which then led to him keeping digging.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The_Doctor posted:

Extremely my poo poo

I 100% guarantee that if really pressed on this he'd take a journalist out to a secret Doctor Who cast/crew reunion, show up with a gigantic dufflebag, get the journalist to drive him and the dufflebag out to some woods in the middle of nowhere on the premise that the reunion is out in these woods, then make the journalist wait in the car while he goes into the woods with the dufflebag to get permission from the various Bakers and Davisons and everyone else who is having jolly fun in the woods to bring a journalist out to the private party, and then to come back 3h later with a dufflebag-sized trophy that says "Best Doctor Ever" but no dufflebag, and offering regrets from all of the other Doctors who were uncomfortable having an uninvited journalist at the private party.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I also love that this appears to have been a scam to get a free really lovely car. It's so much better than if he'd gotten a BMW or even a Volkswagen.

Just look at that loving thing.

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'

Jerusalem posted:

Never heard about this till now!

Strangest Who-related news I’ve encountered since discovering, on the previous page, that Katy Manning played the First Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CommonShore posted:

I also love that this appears to have been a scam to get a free really lovely car. It's so much better than if he'd gotten a BMW or even a Volkswagen.

Android Blues posted:

All the evidence seems to point to him having made it up for clout. Which is really funny, and a little sad. I mean, he could be vindicated yet! But it doesn't look likely.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
guys I have a confession to make

I, I was originally shot as the doctor before chris eccelson

this may come as a shock to many of you, but I'm afraid it's true. I have family working at a major video game company who can confirm.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

CommonShore posted:

My parents had a Proton. I loved it. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

echoplex posted:

My parents had a Proton. I loved it. :smith:

Ask your dad if he kept any set photos from his time as the original 8th Doctor :shobon:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Re-watch thoughts- I have reached the Leela era. Leela owns so much. I just finished Horror of Fang Rock and I had forgotten about the bit where she gloats to the dying Rutan, amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1275708690532794368?s=20

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/david-tennant-and-alex-kingston-together-again

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Just in case of spontaneous existence failure, there is a Doctor Who thread Discord: https://discord.gg/j9S92Mj

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I haven't listened to a Big Finish audio in years and I'm curious about dipping into the Tennant ones.
Is there a consensus about which one of his stories are the best?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Just in case of spontaneous existence failure, there is a Doctor Who thread Discord: https://discord.gg/j9S92Mj

While I doubt a Doctor Who Discord would be brigaded, I'd be careful about putting link invites out in the open.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

As a promo thing, HBO have done a panel with Tennant, Jodie and Matt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmyLeVOzp4

"Geronimo back to you, old fruit!" :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This must have been fairly recent?

Popbitch posted:

“Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but one-time Doctor Who star Paul McGann used to run the backstage bar at the Jazz World/West Holts stage at Glastonbury. He told us that he did it so that he could spend some quality time with his son, who also used to work there.”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Given the inevitable collapse of the forums being soon, I just wanted to say thanks for all the posting memories, Doctor Who thread. I still haven't watched the finale of the last season yet because I'm waiting for a better episode to come after it as a palate cleanser.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seems like there is a chance we might survive after all. If Doctor Who has taught us anything, it's that everything always somehow turns out okay in the end :shobon:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The forums are regenerating....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm sure the new showrunner will handle it better than the last one, at least