Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

precision posted:

I'm not saying hard seltzer is bad, but it is funny that "soda water with a splash of everclear" is suddenly immensely popular, as if Purple Passion didn't exist 25 years ago

let me tell you about this innovation: hard lemonade never been done before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

precision posted:

I'm not saying hard seltzer is bad, but it is funny that "soda water with a splash of everclear" is suddenly immensely popular, as if Purple Passion didn't exist 25 years ago

the weirder thing to me is we had spiked seltzer for years at the liquor store i worked at 2012-2015 and essentially never sold any of it, then white claw shows up and just starts selling like crazy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on further consideration that’s not weirder, that’s identically weird. i’ve been sitting in the sun drinking beer, sue me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish Americana Dawn hadn't been a scam game because I would've really liked seeing that project actually see release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFFf5xOFyr0

:(

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Content creation / influencer industry is terrible and toxic. Not at all a surprise but its a good idea to bring these things to light as they blow up on a near monthly basis.

this is a really long twitter thread sharing the huge name drop list of gross men on twitch.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JessyQuil/status/1274414714630660100

Bummed to see Syndicate on there. He was one of the first streamers I liked because he was so good at COD Zombies. Come to think of it, him and Chris Smoove (loved his MW2 videos) both are garbage (Chris was a big Trump fan in 2016).

I still like Ninja, Dr Lupo and Timthetatman, and from what I've seen all three are good dudes. Lupo just did a 24 stream for Saint Judes, and since 2018 he's raised 6 million for them. Amazing

Ninja especially has been talking lately about politics, how crazy trump is, and how important wearing masks and BLM are. He may have gotten flack and heat over the years, but it seems like he actually things its important to use his influence in a positive way amongst kids.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Alright, I'm either going to get this my first try today or I'm going to spend all day dying horribly

I got onto sun station first try today! Well, second try, first try I overslept at the campfire and missed my window.

The ending of this game is perfect, this whole game is. No more, no less than it needed. If there was one thing I wish I did know before starting: That you can't catch the blue thingy. Even after I knew it was the probe, I thought maybe I could wait for it to hit my home planet or somewhere to chase it down when it crashes. It came drat near spawn point once before I realized it's just zipping straight through terrain anyway. Also wasted time killing myself just to see if I could get the random probe to fire off somewhere I could chase it.

The end-game run of this game had me sweating and holding my breath tense more than any other game I can remember, just out of sheer excitement and fear of messing up. It actually took me about a half dozen attempts all told, every single one but my winning one flopping due to some absurd goof.

3x Just dying trying to get into the goddamn inner core zone. Several times I would see the warp blackhole inches from my feet as I'm already being sucked up the sand-tube.

1x grab core and exit perfectly on time, run to ship to discover my ship is actually being sucked up the sand tube and being thrown into the void.

1x grab core, float down but accidentally clip something and got flung into the wildest and fastest barrelling spin in zero gravity that I'd ever experienced in the game. It was the only satisfying moment in the entire game for me, there was just no way to counter-steer myself back to a sensible position, usually just spun me faster and more crazily. I almost think something broke it was going so fast at points, but maybe that's just a very real risk in zero g movement near a core of a planet? Out of sheer chance, happened to spin by the gravity switch and turn it back on and I finally landed and was able to be stable. What a horrible way to die if that happened irl, geezus. Got out finally but it took so long the sun was already playing the solar system doom tune.

1x fuckin forgot my space suit

The final run itself actually went really well after that run of bad luck or weird goofs, but I was still just so determined to make it count. The final area with the three anglerfish at once was somehow twice as scary with important cargo on board, even after learning from the little kids the secret to safety. Especially because I got a little overconfident, thought I was clear and there was a secret fourth anglerfish lurking and I had to jet my rear end into the plant butthole so fast as I heard that fucker chasing me, I let out a real yelp. The final moments of the game, hanging out with some pals at the end of the universe had me feel some type of way. It's actually a really kind of a beautiful notion given the kind of depressing end-game of universal heat-death. That's a good heaven for a religion, but in the context of the game just a completely satisfying ending.

10/10 top 10 best game of all time, I can't wait to see what these folks make next.

Oh yeah, actually, there is one thing I was hoping/expecting from the game but it didn't do, or if it did, I missed it: After first being introduced to how the aliens' purple orb switch system works, I was kind of expecting at some point to stand on the pole of a planet or space platform to do a "galactic" version of that and it's like a sneaky sky puzzle of you moving a star around or whatever like you would with the purple orbs. Actually, writing it out, even if they had that idea, I can think of why it wouldn't add anything to their specific game. Nvm, game still perfect.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Outer Wilds vets - what was the first place you went to once you started? I died twice before getting launch codes and explored timber hearth thoroughly before going anywhere else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish Americana Dawn hadn't been a scam game because I would've really liked seeing that project actually see release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFFf5xOFyr0

:(

Apparently this game is actually not a scam, but the dev making it had some really awful personal stuff come up that was unrelated to the game, and they were unable to continue development.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Apparently this game is actually not a scam, but the dev making it had some really awful personal stuff come up that was unrelated to the game, and they were unable to continue development.

That's way different from the story I'd read which was that the dev had made multiple of these kinds of classic rpg kickstarters and ran off with the funds and that, in the case of Americana Dawn, someone else still wanted to work on it and bring it to completion but they were someone without the proper means to actually finish it so it is forever just that trailer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

let me tell you about this innovation: hard lemonade never been done before

The first time I got completely ripped to the tits on both weed and alcohol, we were drinking Zima lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Actually, White Claw basically tastes exactly like Zima

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I never knew what Zima actually was besides it being a Simpsons joke

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Outer Wilds vets - what was the first place you went to once you started? I died twice before getting launch codes and explored timber hearth thoroughly before going anywhere else.

First I followed the object you explode and rocket off to the edge of the solar system and was bummed to learn it’s just an eager egg.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

That's way different from the story I'd read which was that the dev had made multiple of these kinds of classic rpg kickstarters and ran off with the funds and that, in the case of Americana Dawn, someone else still wanted to work on it and bring it to completion but they were someone without the proper means to actually finish it so it is forever just that trailer.

:( gah, should have gone with my gut instinct that the dev was lying.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

:( gah, should have gone with my gut instinct that the dev was lying.

I could very well be wrong (and please someone correct me if I am), I'm just going off of what I'd been told about the developer and their other projects.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYp5mYx62M

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
MMM

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Accidentally played judgment for 8 hours, game rules

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm hooked on Truly Lemonade right now, even though I normally think Truly isn't as good as other seltzer brands

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm hooked on Truly Lemonade right now, even though I normally think Truly isn't as good as other seltzer brands

the one with the 4 different lemonades is all bangers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i drink tap water

sometimes i put some ice in it if i want a treat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

With these hot summer days, I have been big into making homemade agua fresca

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The tap water around here tastes like dirt

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Pretty sure I also died before getting the launch codes at first because I was just messing around in town and had no idea about the time thing. The fist planet I picked was the ocean/hurricane one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

i drink tap water

sometimes i put some ice in it if i want a treat

American tap water? My stomach can't handle that. Even filtered I get stomach aches.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"American" tap water doesn't mean much; there's a shitton of local variation in water quality

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With these hot summer days, I have been big into making homemade agua fresca

tell me more about this fresh water

edit: my tap water comes out of a well

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cheetah7071 posted:

"American" tap water doesn't mean much; there's a shitton of local variation in water quality

NJ

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

cheetah7071 posted:

It can even come down to individual wells drilled per subdivision. It's more granular than zip codes or streets in some areas.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the one with the 4 different lemonades is all bangers

all bangers. I've been filling a Yeti with one flavor and taking it to the park to sit out and read, great way to spend a pandemic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

400 mL water
2 frozen strawberries, 3 frozen mango cubes
1 tbsp lime juice
sweetener to taste

Blend until smooth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

400 mL water
2 frozen strawberries, 3 frozen mango cubes
1 tbsp lime juice
sweetener to taste

Blend until smooth

oh god i gotta go to the grocery store that sounds delightful

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

I started small with the Attlerock, but of course even the moon has its mysteries.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've been drinking water from the filter pitcher in my fridge and sour beers

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

yeah i drink my water from a filter pitcher but i've been drinking narragansett lagers

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I’d kill for a wicked Naragansett

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Drinking beer in the shower after a 10mi run in 85 degree weather is pure bliss.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
same except without the exercise

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

I’d kill for a wicked Naragansett

that doesn't even make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Naragansett is a bloodborne boss I think