Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had softshell crab for the first time this year and it's like... holy gently caress it's all the delicious taste of crab without any of the annoyance of having to break the shell :stare:

Shard posted:

I got a new power supply unit for my computer but when I hooked up everything now my harddrives aren't being detected by my motherboard. Hopefully new sata cables fixes the issue if not no clue

Dumb question but have you double-checked all your connections are secured? There's a chance you may have loosened the other end while removing the old PSU, and just plugging directly back into the PSU end you're still not getting power flowing through to the hard drives.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
what's the strangest animal everyone has eaten? one time when i was in Africa, i ordered and ate a horse hamburger because the menu was entirely in French and i only recognized the word "hamburger." i didn't find out what it was until after i had eaten it. it was pretty dry.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've eaten ground kangaroo meat shaped into patties at a burger place. It was pretty good. It's a very lean meat.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bear. I liked it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had kaikonosanagi once, not really understanding what it was (silk pupae), the texture was extremely odd but it wasn't bad.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ive had korean style silkworms before and they were very good. i dont really consider any meats or foods or bugs or anything "weird". we are animals, in the animal kingdom. it is there to eat. offal and "odd" meats/cuts are my faves. i would love to try the witchetty grub one day. he apparently tastes like rich eggs, or hollandaise.

edit i guess balut might be the closes to "weird" food because its alive in the egg and stuff. idk. balut was pretty good. mine had no notable feathers in it though. maybe if it were more feathery i would have liked it less

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I ate alpaca in Peru once. they also offered me cuy, which is deep-fried guinea pig in the shape of a guinea pig, which I politely declined

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve had gator, squirrel, and frog legs as far as weirder meat

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

as someone that reared guinea pigs as a child for pets, i would have accepted the offer.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve had gator, squirrel, and frog legs as far as weirder meat

these are the exact 3 i was going to post

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rattlesnake. wasn't too bad!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

these are the exact 3 i was going to post

You must be a southerner too or one of them northern rednecks that somehow outdo all ours with the redneckery, if so respect

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the snake and the frog are very good. would love to try squirrel. seen a few videos on youtube about it and they seem a bit fussy for meat that ive seen mostly be described as "fine".

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

You must be a southerner too or one of them northern rednecks that somehow outdo all ours with the redneckery, if so respect

My dad's borderline one of them bordernline rednecks and happens to be friends with a lot of them northern rednecks, so I kind of grew up in it. He'd drag the family along to big meals and stuff and when I got older to shoot guns at things.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my uncle hunts, and when I was a kid he’d occasionally drop off stuff like venison jerky and summer sausage, both of which I quite liked. frog legs are pretty tasty, although a little delicate in flavor and texture so they can be easy to mess up

beef tongue is basically every nice thing about beef, but more: it’s tender and juicy and loaded with flavor. From time to time I get a beef tongue torta from this Mexican restaurant/convenience store, and it’s never been less than toe-curlingly delicious

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 22, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been watching the Toonami Aftermath stream a lot lately. I know it's boomer as gently caress but there's something about like 90s and early 2000's anime that works so much better for me than modern ones. Don't know if it's because I was a kid when I saw them, who knows?? Lots of modern anime looks cheap and has a lot of weird bloom and digital coloring, looks bad todd

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Been watching the Toonami Aftermath stream a lot lately. I know it's boomer as gently caress but there's something about like 90s and early 2000's anime that works so much better for me than modern ones. Don't know if it's because I was a kid when I saw them, who knows?? Lots of modern anime looks cheap and has a lot of weird bloom and digital coloring, looks bad todd

a lot of modern anime has a budget of about 50c and relies on a lot of shortcuts to look even passably good

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Have you seen Megalo Box? It goes for the aesthetic that you're looking for

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One Punch Man Season 1 is fantastic, then season 2 they really, really cheaped out on the animation and even though the story is still just as funny and weird and action packed it really, really suffers as a result.

Edit: But the two times the series antagonist unknowingly runs into Saitama is absolute loving gold.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

One Punch Man Season 1 is fantastic, then season 2 they really, really cheaped out on the animation and even though the story is still just as funny and weird and action packed it really, really suffers as a result.

Edit: But the two times the series antagonist unknowingly runs into Saitama is absolute loving gold.

I had to stop watching season 2 because the animation downgrade constantly made me angry.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have! The Water Melon Gun got me to watch it, I loved it. Sunrise as gently caress. Still had a little of that cheap look to it, but less so.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

logh

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Another anime I like is Michiko and Hatchin. Very Cowboy Bebop

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gesundheit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I've been slowly watching all of the Gundams in release order.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Turn A Gundam best Gundam I'm also partial to G, Zeta, and IBO

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

as a fan of dumbass shonen manga (fairy tail, seven deadly sins, one piece, etc) i find most anime adaptations to be really crisp for the first season then the quality takes a nosedive

one piece got much better in the most recent arc at least

the anime adaptation of kengan ashura made me mad lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Balut was tough because I looked at what I was eating and the images was all I could think of as I chomped down.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Watched a few episodes of that 70s Gundam show, it was neat. Didn't know they originally didn't hang out inside the robot. Not to start a five page Gunpla discourse again but they do look cool

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i build and paint the gundam models but i think all the shows except g are poopy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

Turn A Gundam best Gundam I'm also partial to G, Zeta, and IBO

I'm halfway through War in the Pocket now. So I've done Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta, Double Zeta and Char's Counterattack. Zeta slaps and I think original Mobile Suit Gundam has a weird charm to it.

WatermelonGun posted:

i build and paint the gundam models but i think all the shows except g are poopy

gunpla owns

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I watched the original series back when it was on Toonami when I was a kid but I prefer the Origin manga because the artwork is sick. War in the Pocket is cool too

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is that a war in your pocket, or

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ive only seen msg but ive watched it twice for some reason. and a few eps of zeta but i got sidetracked for 5 years

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

is that a war in your pocket, or

Yes and it's very tragic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I had to stop watching season 2 because the animation downgrade constantly made me angry.

Murata would probably try to do the animation himself if ONE asked him :allears:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the reason most anime looks poopy to you now niennunb is because of the shift to digital. the stuff you are nostalgic for was the last general release anime that was made on cels. it still happens occasionally but its pretty rare. notably, the movie redline required so many cels to make because it was animated on ones (every single frame was its own drawing, anime is usually on twos, or every other frame. the parts of shows that suddenly look kick rear end are because they switch from twos to ones. this is called sakuga.) that they scoured the entire country for all the cels they could find and there were barely enough, because no one uses or makes them anymore.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
anime centered around tournaments is the one true structure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

sorry for getting distracted in the above post and telling 3 stories in the middle of another story. did not mean to pull a Dave Meltzer. at least there was no coughing