Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mile'ionaha posted:

No Uncle Iroh love?

Iroh was given such a wide range and is one of my favorite sagely martial arts grandpas. This episode still gets me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56Cbjwwv-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brought To You By posted:

Iroh was given such a wide range and is one of my favorite sagely martial arts grandpas. This episode still gets me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56Cbjwwv-E
After Mako died, Iroh's second voice actor Greg Baldwin refused to ever sing Leaves From The Vine. He said it was Mako's song, not his.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

After Mako died, Iroh's second voice actor Greg Baldwin refused to ever sing Leaves From The Vine. He said it was Mako's song, not his.

Yeah, Greg did a great job following up after Mako and that was one heck of a sendoff within the show.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mile'ionaha posted:

No Uncle Iroh love?

Never watched Avatar.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

If you ever do, just skip “The Great Divide” in season 1. It’s the most banal episode, and literally the only mention about it for the rest of the series (which is pretty serialized) is a quick joke about how skippable it is.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm thinking she might spar with him until they're both exhausted, at which point she explodes and wakes up in the void while Solomon doesn't wake up at all because his body was burgered and he's not an angel.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if maya can survive an angel explosion i’m pretty sure solomon can.

just personally as a whole i’m hoping for something more unconventional than “oh whoops the protagonist beats the antagonist because she’s the protagonist and he’s the antagonist”

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or White Chain winds up horribly mangling Solomon without actually drawing any blood from him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Regalingualius posted:

Or White Chain winds up horribly mangling Solomon without actually drawing any blood from him.

dies and is reborn as 83 White Chain Pops Some Dingus' Shoulders Out Of Their Sockets

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cowcaster posted:

just personally as a whole i’m hoping for something more unconventional than “oh whoops the protagonist beats the antagonist because she’s the protagonist and he’s the antagonist”

It suddenly becomes full anime, when White Chain manages to seduce him, to make his nose bleed.
She will reach that by hitting his exact fetish: Fighting while having long winded discussions about urban construction planning and heritage laws.

Man, Solomon might be incredibly impressive in everything he does, but I can not imagine him being fun at parties. Maybe he would show off some flashy tricks to swoon the audience, but just imagine how forced a casual conversation would be. And every punchline to a joke would be his own magnificence.
That's probably the reason Gog does not exactly care for him.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Solomon David recognizes that frivolities like parties are necessary for the morale of lesser beings, but he does not partake.

The closest he comes to "paryting" is making brief appearances at formal receptions for merit awards and diplomacy and similar.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It must really suck to be Solomon David's kid what with knowing that you will never, ever, no matter what you do, matter as much as the kids that got killed by someone else's army over a thousand years before you were born

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

10VG's voice

https://youtu.be/UOqQ-CWA14Y

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cowcaster posted:

Oh man your av rules

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Shugojin posted:

It must really suck to be Solomon David's kid what with knowing that you will never, ever, no matter what you do, matter as much as the kids that got killed by someone else's army over a thousand years before you were born
It feels like he resents his daughter for dying so he only has sons, and then he resents his sons for not being his daughter.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Happy Paternum day to the Ultimate Dad.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The Final Dad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man your av rules

:tipshat:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It does, holy poo poo.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Lights posted:

Vigilant Gaze is actually just our granddad in spirit, but I'm sure he'd appreciate the thought nonetheless.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

https://twitter.com/BlackSalander/status/1275123615462305803/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Stuff like this makes me really wish Abaddon had some character portraits for sale as prints. There's a couple of panels/pages for sale but they're not quite what I'm looking for.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dawn of the Final Dad

72 push ups remain

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Algid posted:

It feels like he resents his daughter for dying so he only has sons, and then he resents his sons for not being his daughter.

I don't think it's resentment towards his daughter, he just isn't willing to engage in anything that feels like Replacement Daughter.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Lights posted:

THanks

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lights posted:

the Ultimate Dad.

The best part of Final Dad is The Paternum Experiment.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

If White Chain is going to pull a technique out of nowhere, it will be Allison falling down the stairs at the start of the series.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Uncle Khasim posted:

If White Chain is going to pull a technique out of nowhere, it will be Allison falling down the stairs at the start of the series.

Someone should have warned her about the stairs.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

If I had to hazard a guess as to what might happen, I think Dave will destroy White Chain's body and void her with one strike, but then as the dust settles and her shell lies in a broken heap Dave notices that some of the stone has given him some slight abrasions, drawing a small amount of blood. He then leaves his empire and wanders the multiverse in shame, waiting for 83 White Chain to reincarnate and take her place as Empress Maternum of Rayuba. Maybe we see that as an epilogue at the very end of the series and White Chain leads the new Concordance of Angels once Michael and Metatron have been dealt with. Or she reincarnates as 1 White Chain Binds the Realms or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My guess is White Chain will surprise him with an attack that he takes the full fury of to his face, it will draw no blood, and she will be annihilated, but she will have damaged his nasal cavity such that now he sounds like Gilbert Gottfried when he speaks. This will completely undermine his ability to lead and destroy his empire in short order.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

SolDave is going to dust White Chain's angel armour, but White Chain is going to not care and fight on as an angel spirit in the regular world.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Shugojin posted:

Looking forward to the next iteration of Please Forgive Me!!! where Pasqualo is the son of Solomon David

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

White chain is going to defeat SD with his own gimmick by revealing her mastery of Ki Rata

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Bilirubin posted:

White chain is going to defeat SD with his own gimmick by revealing her mastery of Ki Rata

I would legit be fine with this, so long as WC's Ki Rata gets the same over the top craziness that Dave's did, and she turns him into chunky, yet smug, salsa.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This isn't my own guts it's victory salsa.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
White chain is goin to lose unceremoniously and everyone will come to the realization that the universe is cold, uncaring and without any meaning.

Even Solomon David will come to understand the ultimate futility of existing and choose to wait for oblivion.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My bet is that White Chain tries attacking with Ki Rata, But she doesn’t succeed because she managed to master the art, she succeeds because her movements are so amateurish it completely tilts SolDave and opens him up just enough to get clocked, for the 1-2-3 humiliation of “I got owned, in front of my people, by someone using my own martial art, who wasn’t even that good at it”

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

White chain is goin to lose unceremoniously and everyone will come to the realization that the universe is cold, uncaring and without any meaning.

Even Solomon David will come to understand the ultimate futility of existing and choose to wait for oblivion.

jadis: "amateurs"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m thinking that there’s a reason VG described her as “transcending”: she’s about to unveil a never-before seen brand of martial arts that she somehow invented in one night that makes Ki Rata look like child’s play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Regalingualius posted:

I’m thinking that there’s a reason VG described her as “transcending”: she’s about to unveil a never-before seen brand of martial arts that she somehow invented in one night that makes Ki Rata look like child’s play.

Being better at martial arts is not transcendence of the wheel.