Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
How's the quality on the Square Enix Marvel figures? I was searching for a Kate Bishop figure on eBay (and it seems a good Kate figure doesn't exist...) and the search recommended the X-23 Square Enix figure (image attached). It looks cool, but it's a bit pricey.

Laura is right up with Kate and Jessica Jones for me, so I'm OK with the cost if the figure is nice.

Are they worth the cost?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I ordered the classified snake eyes and destro and am stoked on them, but imo that cobra commander looks underwhelming :(

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RusteJuxx posted:

How's the quality on the Square Enix Marvel figures? I was searching for a Kate Bishop figure on eBay (and it seems a good Kate figure doesn't exist...) and the search recommended the X-23 Square Enix figure (image attached). It looks cool, but it's a bit pricey.

Laura is right up with Kate and Jessica Jones for me, so I'm OK with the cost if the figure is nice.

Are they worth the cost?

I was just on Amazon looking at different Playarts figures this morning and all I could think was how over priced they've gotten over the years. I've had a couple they I ended up regretting, definitely not worth over $100 in my opinion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Depending on when you last got some, they’re much larger now.

They barely come with any accessories though. A pair of hands and a tool at best.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I ordered the classified snake eyes and destro and am stoked on them, but imo that cobra commander looks underwhelming :(

Saw the Destro at my friends house yesterday. Very cool looking figure. Weird seeing a GI Joe at that scale.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/columbophile/status/1272652681245384704?s=20

I want Lego Columbo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I have Snake Eyes and it's getting very hard to not buy the others.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I love everything about this

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

I have Snake Eyes and it's getting very hard to not buy the others.

GOTTA BUY THEM ALL.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

In general there's a severe lack of Columbo merch, which is a shame as it's a great show. Want that Lego set, want Neca to announce an Ultimate Columbo, want Hot Toys to announce a Columbo figure. Need more Columbo figures in my life.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
My Snake Eyes has been delivered to my office but I don't think the office admin is in so I'm concerned it'll get lost or discarded somehow despite being shown as "delivered" :ohdear:

In other new, :rip: you crazy bastard:
https://twitter.com/reactionfigure/status/1272896388695801856?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ultraviolence123 posted:

In general there's a severe lack of Columbo merch, which is a shame as it's a great show. Want that Lego set, want Neca to announce an Ultimate Columbo, want Hot Toys to announce a Columbo figure. Need more Columbo figures in my life.

Hot Toys having to apologize and recall the Columbo figure because they accidentally made one of the eyes too lifelike.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Actually, I'd be down for a series based on TV Detective shows. Give me figures for Columbo, Barnaby Jones, David and Maddie from Moonlighting, Mannix, Ironside. That would be awesome and will never happen because it's a really limited market for people who want figures based on old shows that air in the middle of the night in ME TV.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

sticksy posted:

My Snake Eyes has been delivered to my office but I don't think the office admin is in so I'm concerned it'll get lost or discarded somehow despite being shown as "delivered" :ohdear:

In other new, :rip: you crazy bastard:
https://twitter.com/reactionfigure/status/1272896388695801856?s=21

I liked the other Warrior from that line better. Hated the gorilla press posed wrestlers. Hogan was the same way.

Jake the Snake was perfect though. One arm had a punching action, and the other was molded to give other figures a DDT.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I get the Ghostbuster Plasma series figures this week, anybody want the old Diamond Select 7" figures? I have all four but they've always been too tall for my liking. 6" has always hit the spot for me, the perfect height, an inch more and things just get awkward.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ultraviolence123 posted:

Actually, I'd be down for a series based on TV Detective shows. Give me figures for Columbo, Barnaby Jones, David and Maddie from Moonlighting, Mannix, Ironside. That would be awesome and will never happen because it's a really limited market for people who want figures based on old shows that air in the middle of the night in ME TV.

Where does Carl Kolchak fit into this? He’s basically a detective and I’d pay good money for basically any Kolchak merch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yikes Hot Toys - c-team working? No texture at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I didn’t know early 20s Ben Affleck was Antman.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It’s the teeth, if you cover his mouth with your finger it actually looks a lot like Rudd. Just give him is stupid loving smirk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Louisgod posted:

I get the Ghostbuster Plasma series figures this week, anybody want the old Diamond Select 7" figures? I have all four but they've always been too tall for my liking. 6" has always hit the spot for me, the perfect height, an inch more and things just get awkward.

I really want to see how Gozer pairs with Mezco but I can’t find anyone comparing them.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I found the Plasma Ray figure at a Target and now I have an order for the rest of the set from Hasbro Pulse. I don't even really like how the Gozer or Dana look in the pictures but I really want the full Terror Dog so here I am.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t find Gozer any more so I’ve given up. She was pretty easy to find a week ago lol.

Oh well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/marvel-legends-deadpool-s-head-premium-interactive-head

I can safely say that I completely did NOT see this particular item coming out, ever.

Kinda wanna buy it, kinda just weirded out it exists...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s so stupid I love it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/marvel-legends-deadpool-s-head-premium-interactive-head

I can safely say that I completely did NOT see this particular item coming out, ever.

Kinda wanna buy it, kinda just weirded out it exists...

I was completely sold until I read it needs 4 C batteries.... in 2020. Like could they not put a rechargeable battery in this loving thing? For a premium collectible it seems like a very weird and odd choice to make.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where does Carl Kolchak fit into this? He’s basically a detective and I’d pay good money for basically any Kolchak merch.

Oh yeah, definitely need a Kolchak figure. Seems like it's something that would actually happen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Djarum posted:

I was completely sold until I read it needs 4 C batteries.... in 2020. Like could they not put a rechargeable battery in this loving thing? For a premium collectible it seems like a very weird and odd choice to make.
Just get some eneloops with c size holsters I guess

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The battery life with C batteries is probably a lot better.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just hit up a Dollarama for cheap rear end batteries.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Captain Invictus posted:

Just get some eneloops with c size holsters I guess

Aphrodite posted:

The battery life with C batteries is probably a lot better.

The reasons to go with Cs is the extra capacity, but using rechargeables that negates that. You could have gone with 6 AAs and had nearly the same capacity and a slightly smaller battery holder or just had a standard, easily replaced rechargeable pack in there that you could charge via USB. It is a very odd choice, unless they are using the weight of the batteries to weigh it down and stabilize it in which AAs in holders won't work right.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm curious about the Ducktales Scrooge figure. I know some of you have picked it up, but I've found that it's EXTREMELY rear heavy, and has no articulation on it's legs/feet.

What are you all doing to get it to stand up? Or are you simply propping it up against something, like I have been doing for months, letting it sit on my desk, resting against a drawer. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most likely it's just profits.

These Legends props all sell at that $100 pricepoint and they probably weren't willing to make whatever a battery pack costs less.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I've found that it's EXTREMELY rear heavy, and has no articulation on it's legs/feet.

What are you all doing to get it to stand up? Or are you simply propping it up against something, like I have been doing for months, letting it sit on my desk, resting against a drawer. :(

Please don't doxx me and fellow goons.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
Amazon: S.H. Figuarts Great Ape Vegeta Dragon Ball Z $179.99

Apologies if already posted. I know some preorders are sold out already. Nov. 25th release date.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Djarum posted:

Can you at least plug it in?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Fuzz posted:

I am one of those people who still has not gotten his.

Really sucks.

Edit: in fact I've received exactly 0 emails since my initial order confirmation back in October. Just complete radio silence. Was waiting because I assumed covid shipping delays, but now I'm legit pissed. Gonna call them tomorrow.

Hey bro. The postman got my Space Marine so hopefully you got mine.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tracula posted:

Hey bro. The postman got my Space Marine so hopefully you got mine.

Yup! It arrived yesterday, just came up post about it. Wooo!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've somewhat unintentionally begun a 1/12 aka 6" scale collection, mainly Star Wars Black Series. I also got Mafex Rogue One Vader (simply incredible) and SHF ROTJ Luke (cool, but overpriced imo. Probably won't be getting any more Figuarts.) I also grabbed Marvel Legends Endgame Shuri since she was on sale for :10bux: and fits in stylistically with the SW figs, and my shelf needed a bit more melanin.

Anyway, I'm posting because I had an idea and could use some input. I got the Jannah figure from TROS, and since she rides a horse-like creature in the movie I thought it might be cool to get a mount for her. So far I've become familiar with the Virtruvian HACKS, SH MonsterArts, and Beasts of the Mesozoic series. HACKS seems like it might not scale correctly, since their figures are only 4". Nothing in MonsterArts seem very mount-friendly, so that leaves the admittedly beautiful Beasts of the Mesozoic line. Anybody know of any other lines/companies I should check out? I might end up modding whatever I get, too– re-paint, add some fur, add some tack/saddle/etc. to "Star Wars-ify" it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The RotJ Vader Figuarts (the recent one, not the original release) is pretty much perfect and matches the RotJ Luke more than the Mafex, which uses the ANH/Rogue One look for the armor/cape/chest box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My way of focusing my black series collecting is to only pick up trooper variants (ot/pt Era). It's been working out but the commander Cody figure is one of the remaining ones I'm really after. It's so expensive at this point I'm actually considering pre ordering the hot toys Cody for like $100 more because why not?