Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Broke: Mizdad

Woke: Finndad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
.....really Darby https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1274857659162923008

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 22, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh gods that's going to be very gross inside of a very short period of time.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:barf:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Mushy Tub of Pissy Cereal is a pretty good username

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This guy who wipes his rear end with chicken wings sure is starting to get gross.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1274860635248099331?s=20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm definitely over that fuckin dude

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I get the feeling that the crossover between skaters and Jackass fans was pretty massive when he was growing up, and he never gave up on either.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I get the feeling that the crossover between skaters and Jackass fans was pretty massive when he was growing up, and he never gave up on either.

Pacific northwest kids are *weird*.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Neodoomium posted:

I'm definitely over that fuckin dude

Jackass was never good

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jackass ruled.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

As someone who spent their youth jumping off roofs in small towns and now has massively hosed up knees, I relate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean, Jackass grew out of CKY, which was super part of skater culture, so no real surprise there

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

i mean your not *wrong* but jackass came out of a skate mag way back in the day so it’s not like two separate cultures found each other in 1997 and also

TTBF posted:

Jackass ruled.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

jackass ruled and continues to rule except for the gross nonconsent stuff and "pranks" they would do like on bams parents and stuff. otherwise the trick was to watch it and laugh and understand that they aren't role models. idk

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

gently caress Sammy.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Paper Lion posted:

except for the gross nonconsent stuff and "pranks"

well yeah that’s why they sucked

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

well yeah that’s why they sucked

that was like 10-20% of what they did. i agree thats still a lot. they shouldnt have done them at all. but the stunts or dumb things that they elect to do to themselves like the cup test or whatever is funny, and that was the bulk of their material.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's been awhile since I have watched any Jackass material but I have realized (this may not be fully accurate memories) that most of the mean spirited pranks/'pranks' that involve people that are not part of the Jackass group and most 'mean spiritedness' in general comes almost entirely from the Bam Margera/CKY side of things, and the Johnny Knoxville/Big Brother side is probably more responsible for 90% of what I liked about the show/movies.

Wasn't it basically MTV that smooshed the two groups together? I am sure someone knows this history better than me.

Anyway, the stuff where only you (or willing friends) suffer is still often amusing to me, and as gross as it is wiping your own butthole with hot wings or having a bunch of consenting people sit in a gross rear end cereal hot tub seems to fall into that category.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

It's been awhile since I have watched any Jackass material but I have realized (this may not be fully accurate memories) that most of the mean spirited pranks/'pranks' that involve people that are not part of the Jackass group and most 'mean spiritedness' in general comes almost entirely from the Bam Margera/CKY side of things, and the Johnny Knoxville/Big Brother side is probably more responsible for 90% of what I liked about the show/movies.

I believe it's a big part of why Bam got so hosed up after Ryan Dunn died, idk if he ever outright said it in interviews but it was heavily implied he blamed himself

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 22, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Started reading that hoping he would mention meat sauce and was not disappointed by the end

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Get his rear end, Soultrain.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

dude YIKES

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

idgi he's making a joke about Ricochet using Sasha's account to tweet about him

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Alaois posted:

idgi he's making a joke about Ricochet using Sasha's account to tweet about him

I think he's just mocking both Bayley's Karen hair and Ricochet's old hair.

I could be completely wrong!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I think he's just mocking both Bayley's Karen hair and Ricochet's old hair.

No, it's basically a running joke that Ricochet used to look like Sasha, especially with that hair.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, he's not talking about rovert?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No one should ever talk about rovert

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Someone said in the comments it had to do with a comment Ricochet made that he looked like Sasha when he was younger. Probably the key difference Sammy missed is that it's fine for Ricochet to make an observation like that at his own expense, but if someone else does it it's pretty much ragging on someone's appearance

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like this is context

https://twitter.com/wweshortyg/status/1274964647607627776

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Chris Jericho can gently caress off. His final gimmick reinvention as a complete arsehole.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Once again, just like the time he liked a white supremacist's tweet the simple fact that Chris Jericho is following Matt Schlapp is a condemnation in and of itself since Schlapp is a vile, racist, homophobic, piece of poo poo regardless of the lovely, stupid, lying Pro-Trump thing he just said and Jericho liked.

But also Jericho is a poo poo person and that's been clear for quite some time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah, not every dumb bad person is mean to their co-workers of various backgrounds and life experiences. The fact that Jericho "gets" individuals but nothing more than that proves that he's stupid, not that he's got a good heart and needs to be taught anything

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spoilers for the New Japan Cup show that was on today if you've not seen it yet

Nerds & losers say the best friends are a tag team in AEW but Suzukigun are proving that to be nonsense with their wonderful support for each other

https://twitter.com/ElDesperado5/status/1275043983878569987?s=20

Kanemaru says "Finally, good things." Despy says "Douki was slapping and growing" which I don't even want to parse but instead believe Google translate got 100% right.

https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/1275078354111086599?s=20

Meanwhile The Holy Emperor is saying he's waiting for the final.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1275113804041420801

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1275148720598900744?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible