Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Whats a Horticrafting Station, what does it do and how do i build one?
I have 6 full blue containers, which should be 1800 blue juice.

Rutibex posted:

I think it lets you save your primo crafts after a harvest to use later?

That. And you have to get 1800 juice from a single harvest, which means higher tier seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

euphronius posted:

You can link infernal cry to fortify and you get fortify when combust hits

Holy god

Oh poo poo that's awesome. Something I noticed is that you can put Pulverise (substantially more damage and area, less attack speed) on Infernal Cry and it'll buff Combust with no downside whatsoever.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I have 6 full blue containers, which should be 1800 blue juice.

Stored *condensed* life force is only used for dispersing to grow higher tier seeds. It can not be used for crafting.

Fresh life force from a harvest is only used for crafting. It can not be dispersed for growing higher tier seeds. You get a higher amount when you harvest more and higher tier seeds.

Seems to be a fair bit of confusion over this

Prel fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 21, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

Oh poo poo that's awesome. Something I noticed is that you can put Pulverise (substantially more damage and area, less attack speed) on Infernal Cry and it'll buff Combust with no downside whatsoever.

Great idea

Doing that

poo poo going to run out of gem slots

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

lol. the reddit comments are gold. I'm considering trying to set the bottom one up tonight.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tremor rods are 100c right now. if you have any unique staff beasts i recommend doing them.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Zotix posted:

lol. the reddit comments are gold. I'm considering trying to set the bottom one up tonight.

This poo poo is giving me heart palpitations

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Lmao at 4 open squares

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

euphronius posted:

Lmao at 4 open squares

lmao because you have better, or because some neckbeard min-max'd that after like 48h?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Ferrinus posted:

You can also link Close combat into it, spam a movement attack skill and have that skill trigger combust, which gives you the close combat buff of 20% more attack speed, along with benefiting from the close combat damage support on combust. You do need to use a close combat weapon though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just planted a bunch of seeds for modifying sockets, and got none of those options from the harvest. I did have a few other seed types in there too. I guess it's better to focus on only one type per plot?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

lmao because you have better, or because some neckbeard min-max'd that after like 48h?

3 open squares :colbert:

25% less

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Zotix posted:

I want to die

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Zotix posted:

There is no way you would fill up that garden with seeds you find though. Unless you are buying seeds en masse both of those are very much overkill.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I don't feel like this league is going to hold my attention long. I'm already bored with the farm and skip going back when mapping most of the time.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm kinda feeling the same, do seed pods drop more at yellow/reds at least?

So far not really seeing how this breaks the game like Chris was saying

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't believe this name wasn't taken.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Velveteen posted:

Just purely wintertide.

Get vortex asap. If you don't like manually casting it, put it on leftclick so you just poop down degen as you walk and concentrate on wintertide stuff. Link at least bonechill to vortex so that the increase to cold dot also affects your wintertide (always link bonechill to your secondary skill)

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

queeb posted:

I don't feel like this league is going to hold my attention long. I'm already bored with the farm and skip going back when mapping most of the time.

Really wish I had completely skipped it until I read a proper guide. So far harvest has been a colossal waste of time.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

queeb posted:

This is just a long version engagement survey for PoE2. To find out how the masses engage with dumb poo poo like this. I'll be honest I hate syndicate. You've gotta look at spreadsheets to findout what is what. I know the people that play this as their sole game know the ins and outs, but it's tedious poo poo to the average player. I know the general poo poo like ITF on research and such, but it's tedious stuff referencing spreadsheets after each fight to figure out who goes where and all that. This is that 1000x. The super poopsockers are gonna love this mechanic for making absurd items, but the player retention rate after like 3 weeks I think is going to be really bad.

That being said every league can't just be a loot explosion league, but this is just tedious factario poo poo.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is this a good build? I'm wanting to run a minion build, and this seems like a more active minion kind of build

[3.11] A CI/LL HoP/HoA + Spiders Guardian - 55K armour, 1100 ES on block, millions of Sirus DPS

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

Is this a good build? I'm wanting to run a minion build, and this seems like a more active minion kind of build

[3.11] A CI/LL HoP/HoA + Spiders Guardian - 55K armour, 1100 ES on block, millions of Sirus DPS

Arakaali is gonna be loving pricy the first week. Maybe the second. If you wanna go active minion do dom blow, or hoag/hop cyclone summoner and transition to this. Just to note, this is a legit guide tho, and spiders can summon hop with speaker's wreath

edit: or copy me and go relics https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739/page/38

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 22, 2020

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

I would be as happy as a pig in poo poo if this was anything like Factorio.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This poo poo is giving me heart palpitations

I'm going with this basic version of the galaxy-brained takes above:

It's neat, gives access to Tier 4 seeds, and I still have the entire left-hand side of the garden if I need it. Having so much empty space also tells me that you don't have to min-max too hard to access everything the mechanic has to offer.

If you just want to screw around, you can move almost everything in the garden with no problems. Pylons, dispensers, and storage tanks can be pulled up at any time. You can pull up seeds and keep them, but you lose any growth on the seeds and have to start over. Collectors can be pulled up as long as you haven't harvested from them this "turn". If it gives you an error message, just make a new instance of the garden. Collectors and Storage Tanks even keep the juice they're holding when you pick them up.

Crafting only used raw lifeforce, what you get from the moment you harvest. So to get more storage tanks or that bench that costs 1800, you have to harvest more plants at once. Stored lifeforce is only used for growing higher tier seeds using the dispensers.

Tier 1 seeds can be planted and harvested just by putting them next to a collector.
Tier 2 seeds need the lifeforce of one of the other collectors. When it says plant it "adjacent to" other seeds, diagonals count. To get the other colors of lifeforce, hook a dispenser covering your seeds to a collector of the right color. Pylons can be used to extend that connection like a pipeline. A single pylon can have four connections, and you just hook storage tanks up to the network as you need them. Each line can only hold one color of power.
Tier 3 seeds need both of the opposite colors of lifeforce.
Tier 4 seeds need all three colors. I would think you're covered as long as all the collectors and storage tanks of one color are hooked up to one network.

Building and moving stuff as you need may not be optimal, but I don't think it'll block you out of anything.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Speaking as someone who's basically a newbie (I made it up to act 10 in bestiary but that's all I played before), I'm up to Act 8 now and Harvest has been useful in helping me gear at a point where I was getting really frustrated with the game, since it helped me get the links I needed to get my skills working right, but I also feel like I have almost no context to know what I should be doing with it beyond that, and it's a pretty tedious minigame. Maybe reading/watching a guide or two at work this week will help me like it more, but I just don't think a heavy focus on crafting is really my thing. That said, I'm enjoying bestiary more now than I did when I played before (and I'm enjoying dabbling with previous mechanics from other leagues too, even if some like delirium are just kind of thrown out there with no explanation), so maybe by the time Harvest gets added to core it'll be something you can dip into but won't be as frustrating to deal with.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Grimoire posted:

Arakaali is gonna be loving pricy the first week. Maybe the second. If you wanna go active minion do dom blow, or hoag/hop cyclone summoner and transition to this. Just to note, this is a legit guide tho, and spiders can summon hop with speaker's wreath

edit: or copy me and go relics https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739/page/38

Alright, what about this build? https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/the-baron-zombies-skeletons-necromancer-build-guide I want to try and make my first character but I can't decide what build @_@

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sinteres posted:

(and I'm enjoying dabbling with previous mechanics from other leagues too, even if some like delirium are just kind of thrown out there with no explanation)

:v:
Thats how it worked in delirium league too

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Numberwang!!! posted:

I would be as happy as a pig in poo poo if this was anything like Factorio.

Hell yea!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Horticulture benches only store 3 crafts at a time and need to be connected to whatever color network. So if you're filling up your entire grove with stuff for whatever loving reason, good luck storing any crafts.

Closing on level 90, I'll hit it tomorrow. Had to finally break down and invest SOME currency into my miner as I'm in reds.

I had a really stupid idea that I'm going to try out later on in the league: maximum seals unleash fireball, non-ignite.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

Horticulture benches only store 3 crafts at a time and need to be connected to whatever color network. So if you're filling up your entire grove with stuff for whatever loving reason, good luck storing any crafts.

I stored a blue craft in mine then ctrl clicked the horticulture station and connected it to the yellow pylons to store some crafts from a yellow collector. Course I don't know if this is intended, and I haven't actually tested using these crafts yet so maybe it will blurt some kind of error message when it comes time to actually use the crafts, but at least my horticulture station has 1 blue and 2 yellow crafts in it right now. It looks like it works.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can you make multiple horticulture stations?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

dyzzy posted:

I'm kinda feeling the same, do seed pods drop more at yellow/reds at least?

So far not really seeing how this breaks the game like Chris was saying

I made a 400 pdps weapon before killing kitava, that’s how this breaks the game. This league is super busted because it throws orbs at you like nobody’s business, they’re just called crafts

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

please knock Mom! posted:

I made a 400 pdps weapon before killing kitava, that’s how this breaks the game. This league is super busted because it throws orbs at you like nobody’s business, they’re just called crafts

I found the leveling process much more fun with harvest crafting. You get to adjust your gear more often in little increments.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope that some form of it stays during leveling because it’s a great way to show people the power of crafting.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm kind of wingin' it with my build this league, around what ballpark should I be shooting for my plus to life percent? I think I'm sitting around 180% right now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I hope that some form of it stays during leveling because it’s a great way to show people the power of crafting.
Yeah this league whips rear end, it's the first time I can remember that I've not spent huge chunks of the main act structure just sighing and reminding myself that eventually I will be in maps and things will be better.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You do get a ton of what are basically fossil crafts, for sure. It just doesn't seem like some insane power spike versus lootsplosions.

TBF I think I just need to go at it more and get more items tossed into the grinder. I'm still in white maps hoping to finish my CI swap soon (which primal crafts have definitely nudged forward)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I kind of wish I'd played something physical because it seems like that's the only craft I get other than "hey, do you want red sockets???"

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
With so many gates in terms of what you require in terms of life and resistance, more control in crafting is more and more required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If any of our build doctors have a spare moment, could they have a look at my spellslinger volatile dead / detonate dead necromancer? She feels so lacklustre in terms of damage, I failed a tier 1 blight map by the first two or three minutes

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DeeJayTee/characters

Character is JayRita