Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nascar/status/1274474199378206720?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Yeah idk what's Harrison Burton got to be mad about

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WELP

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That's awesome for Kaulig. In an era where new teams which are competitive are more and more hard to find, it's good to see teams like that and GMS do well.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
drat near the Firecracker 250 all over again. I'm a big fan of Dinger and Chastain, but Haley's been doing some heavy lifting lately as well. Kaulig is quickly becoming my favorite team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cup is delayed at Talladega so I can't think of anything better than to pass the time with :siren: ARCADEGAAAAA :siren: 2001.

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Postponed to 3pm tomorrow.

I loving hate 3pm starts.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Looking at the forecast tomorrow

It's not very good

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

why do they keep trying to start races at 3pm in the south in summer time? stupid

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

big nipples big life posted:

why do they keep trying to start races at 3pm in the south in summer time? stupid

Can’t prempt judge Judy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1274896865817800705?s=21

jesus loving christ

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You’ll be happy to know, lots of people are saying this is fake and he did it himself.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Holy gently caress

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1274899470778617856
someone's going to get eviscerated

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

The police turned their body cams off!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I made the mistake of scrolling down to read replies and don’t loving do it. I’m viscerally angry right now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

where was mike harmon?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
They need to triple check that car and never race on the south again. What the gently caress

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, I went and took a walk, then watched a movie, and am just catching up with the thread and Twitter, why are there twelv---

What in the actual gently caress.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar keeping up with it's image still :(

One would hope the garages had security cameras at least in the garages... but also you wouldn't want Nascar to watch your team cheating so I dunno...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 22, 2020

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
New thread title needded

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
can't wait for it to be an eternal mystery

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
3:2 - rando crewmember on backmarker team
5:1 - rando crewmember on Mike Harmon's team
7:1- Mike Harmon

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Peanut President posted:

can't wait for it to be an eternal mystery

https://twitter.com/espnmcgee/status/1274908576994164736?s=21

I hope not.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It shouldn't take 7 hours to look at some security footage...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dsriggs posted:

It shouldn't take 7 hours to look at some security footage...

Might take that much time to talk with the team and decide how things are moving forward though.

Bet there’s going to be news about it tomorrow/today though.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

harperdc posted:

Might take that much time to talk with the team and decide how things are moving forward though.

“We looked through the security footage & worked out it was ________. Fire him immediately.”
“OK.”

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is front page news in other countries

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CactusWeasle posted:

This is front page news in other countries

NASCAR 2020: No noose is good news

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did Mike Harmon do something racist or was he just the guy who allegedly stole Jennifer Jo Cobb's hauler and then wanted to fight all-comers at Applebee's?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

NASCAR 2020: No noose is good news

Man, I shouldn't laugh at this, but :vince:.

GD_American posted:

3:2 - rando crewmember on backmarker team
5:1 - rando crewmember on Mike Harmon's team
7:1- Mike Harmon

What's the line on "Kyle Larson" or "Any other Chase driver from last year"?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did Mike Harmon do something racist or was he just the guy who allegedly stole Jennifer Jo Cobb's hauler and then wanted to fight all-comers at Applebee's?

He owns the team than ran the back the blue scheme last week iirc

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I think they should cancel the race, but hey, the weather may make that call anyway

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pinecone Sample posted:

I think they should cancel the race, but hey, the weather may make that call anyway

Just stop racing at dega until alabama joins the 19th century imo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Drivers are planning some sort of organized response pre-race

Also NASCAR gave the 43 team permission to break the impound and inspect the car for tampering

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

Just stop racing at dega until alabama joins the 19th century imo

the problem is they are still in the mid 19th century.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Man, I shouldn't laugh at this, but :vince:.

What's the line on "Kyle Larson" or "Any other Chase driver from last year"?

I don’t know how true this is but I read elsewhere that drivers don’t have access to the workshop garage area during all of this.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
There HAS to be camera everywhere, right? I mean racists are dumb as poo poo so surely there's crystal clear 4k footage of something that generations of inbreeding attempted to form into a face.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1275097837425111040

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Yes, Jenna Fryer said the drivers don't have access at all with the rona rules. The number of people in there at any given time is even more limited.

I don't wanna get to into speculation but I will not be surprised if it is a part-time local track worker. I would be even more sad if it were a crew member or a full-on part of the NASCAR family.

One of my friends, who is black, sent me the immediate reaction, "NASCAR returning to its old ways." This wasn't the way of NASCAR.

NASCAR is wearing a black eye for its transparency and aggression in the last 12 hours. The overwhelming response from the sanctioning body and the teams shows that what happened is not tolerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It just blows my mind that this occurred in a major pro sport. Like there’s been incidents with fans not only here but in Europe (F1 fans wearing blackface to mock Lewis Hamilton comes immediately to mind) but for it to happen ***blatantly inside the house*** is just something else.

NASCAR is in quite the spot: They’re one of the very few sports league currently going and they’re front and center during the biggest era of social unrest since the 60’s. We all know the history of the sport and it’s “southern roots” that they’ve rapidly had to come to a reckoning with practically the entire world watching... it’s just something