Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh great is alf cancelled now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the guy likes to eat pussy, so what

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The last good game he wrote was Dark Alliance 2.

I just dont get it, like I think of how much I liked Durance in PoE1, his backstory and the dialogue written for him

and its the same person that give these DMs

https://twitter.com/jacquicollins_/status/1274509359427383304

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will not miss this era of mascot character design.

All the Kongs that look like apes... and then there's Candy

lmao remember when they made an updated planet of the apes movie where marky mark gets the hots for this sexy ape they made? they gave her like, lipstick and mascara and this soccer mom haircut. She kind of looked like paula abdul and it was weird to see them try so hard to make an ape conventionally attractive to human standards.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

the guy likes to eat pussy, so what

frajaq posted:

I just dont get it, like I think of how much I liked Durance in PoE1, his backstory and the dialogue written for him

and its the same person that give these DMs

https://twitter.com/jacquicollins_/status/1274509359427383304

Tremendous post combo :allears:

Looking forward to seeing Avellone get dragged

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I can't believe Alf would shoot his shot like that. Incredible.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chris alfellone

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

homeless snail posted:

All I can tell you for sure is that everyone who worked on the show hated the Alf guy.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

alf was cancelled in 1990

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Lurdiak posted:

All I can tell you for sure is that everyone who worked on the show hated the Alf guy.

Wasn't everyone at the show super miserable in general?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Awesome Animals posted:

Have they explained why Alf was resurrected from the 80s to...cohost the Keighley Summer Game Jam?

Cocaine is back, in Pog form

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ymgve posted:

Cocaine is back, in Pog form

Cocaine never left

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

New Crash looks kinda cool. I had the trilogy but bounced off the weird physics in 1.

This game looks dope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHBrFV3erw0

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never sent a sext in my lifetime either wanted or unwanted, and I will never try.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

exquisite tea posted:

I've never sent a sext in my lifetime either wanted or unwanted, and I will never try.

Gotta keep up your innuendo game, though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Baller Time posted:

quote:

Paul Miller (Director): The set was full of trenches. You’d have to open and close them so Paul could get underneath. Every time the script said, "ALF crosses the room," you’d go, "Oh, god, there’s an hour."
Lamar: There were certain places where the trenches lived, like behind the couch, but you’re always adding and subtracting. We eventually just wore the stage out.
Gregory: One time, Anne came out of the kitchen and fell right into one of the holes. She got pissed.
Fichter: People fell in them all the time. We’d name a hole after every person who fell into it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

i don't even like regular texts

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/likes

chris why did you LIKE this tweet are you drunk again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the deal with the Alf thing? Was there something really gross and uncomfortable shown?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

That’s how they named craters on the moon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

What is the deal with the Alf thing? Was there something really gross and uncomfortable shown?

Yeah, Alf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Yeah, Alf

okay fair

Weedle
May 31, 2006

alf is actually an acronym for rear end Licking Freak

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'll never forget his classic catchphrase. "i'm here to eat rear end and shoot rope." audiences loved it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Baller Time posted:

Yes, largely because of the Alf guy. The show was also dangerous to work on because of the puppeteer trap doors built on the set, which caused several injuries when people stepped on them and they broke.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Based on this thread, more people are talking about ALF than ever so they succeeded in their goal I guess

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

:same:

I'll never understand poo poo like those Avellone DMs. It's just such a foreign and abhorrent mindset to me.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Sounds weird to have the goal of briefly bringing back something just to make people remember "OH yeah, that thing! No one wants that anymore!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did they bring back the same actor for ALF, they didn't do that for fursuit Crash

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Baller Time posted:

Sounds weird to have the goal of briefly bringing back something just to make people remember "OH yeah, that thing! No one wants that anymore!"
alf is good though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Baller Time posted:

Counterpoint: The McRib.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the simpsons had twenty years of dangerous influence on our culture, the alf is back in pog form joke made people think alf is lame, the litany of arbys jokes were disrespectful of arbys, and i think marge implied that bidets were for french prostitutes once and thats why we dont have bidets in the us

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
as well as dictating toilet paper orientation standards for multiple generations

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

the simpsons had twenty years of dangerous influence on our culture, the alf is back in pog form joke made people think alf is lame, the litany of arbys jokes were disrespectful of arbys, and i think marge implied that bidets were for french prostitutes once and thats why we dont have bidets in the us

Propaganda Hour posted:

Counterpoint: The McRib.

I had to double-check what season The Simpsons did their McRib parody because I think that's one of the last things on that show that I still remember as a reference (it was season 14)

Final Fantasy 14 is chock-full of golden age Simpsons references. I wonder if there are things/people out there that regularly reference things from Seasons 20+ that I would have no idea about.

What do Zoomers think about The Simpsons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im glad the simpsons is dead

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait what were simpsons references added as localizations or is the appeal of simpsons shitposting internationally recognized in countries that don't speak english

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

wait what were simpsons references added as localizations or is the appeal of simpsons shitposting internationally recognized in countries that don't speak english

it's almost certainly all the work of the weeb king, meme master, patriarch of puns, Koji Fox, lead english localization guy for the game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What do Zoomers think about The Simpsons

I imagine they hate it, or like it in the way Millennials born in the 90s like 70s and 80s pop culture.

There's something so cringe about new Simpsons. Even though the writing and animation have gotten better it still comes across like a middle age man trying desperately to show they're still down with the kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1275134494446665728?s=20

Really backed the winning horse on this one, huh Ninja