Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Bonnie. I'm also sure she'll have the best rest of her life possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! Poor Bonnie :( I really hope that it's the former outcome; that she has a slow decline in health, letting Bonnie live her best life for as long as possible

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

a slime posted:

I love how these dogs curl up and make themselves so tiny and cute when they sleep. So sorry to hear about Bonnie, she looks so peaceful and it's easy to see she has had a wonderful life with you.

Maybe yours, mine tries to make himself take up the most space possible, with the most space consuming shape on a (human) bed. Lie across the bed, preventing anyone from sleeping on it? Don't mind if I do!

(I think he gets scared of falling off if his head gets too close to the edge)

:3:

Sorry to hear about Bonnie. I don't know if I'll ever be ready if bad news hits.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 5, 2022

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Drewjitsu posted:

Maybe yours, mine tries to make himself take up the most space possible, with the most space consuming shape on a (human) bed. Lie across the bed, preventing anyone from sleeping on it? Don't mind if I do!

(I think he gets scared of falling off if his head gets too close to the edge)

:3:

Sorry to hear about Bonnie. I don't know if I'll ever be ready if bad news hits for Rush.

Abby fell off the bed one time and now she does this too. Every night when I come to bed we have to have a little argument about how she needs to go to her spot (the corner).

What a weirdo.

https://i.imgur.com/YtMISM1.mp4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

How much money would you spend to see what goes on in your doggos dreams? For me it’s All Of It

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
So sorry to hear about Bonnie. Having pets is loving brutal sometimes.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

How much money would you spend to see what goes on in your doggos dreams? For me it’s All Of It

Sometimes Sparty barks. Sometimes he snarls. Sometimes he runs. Sometimes he wags his tail and licks

I wish I knew what he was seeing :3:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I'd pay half of my money to see her dreams. The other half would be to find out what the hell she's cogitating all the time. This dog spends more time thinking than I do.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
The little sleep barks are the best, tiny "buff...buff...buff" noises that barely puff out the jowls

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, good news for li'l Tazo! Despite all the expectations/assessments of the vet pointing towards cancer, the lump disappeared overnight, confirming it was benign! I've happily cancelled the appointment, and shared a chicky burg with Taz by way of celebration. :toot: (no pics though, since it was quite dark)

large hands posted:

The little sleep barks are the best, tiny "buff...buff...buff" noises that barely puff out the jowls

I can wholeheartedly comfirm that this is true

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

loving yes! So happy for you and Tazo :woop:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Congrats! That's great news!

Abby had her checkup. She's all the way down to 60 pounds (for ref. she's large for a female, off the track she was 50, she peaked at 72). She lost quite a bit of weight after her gastroenteritis, and now she isn't really eating much in the morning. So I'm just going to leave out her morning food all day until she finishes eating it, so I make sure she gets two full bowls each day. Also I've found that in the morning she doesn't always seem to realize the food is in her bowl (maybe part of her cognitive issue) but if I just place it directly on a towel or something she'll eat more of it, and then will continue to eat it throughout the early morning.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do you feed her dry food? putting a little water in the bowl to wet the kibble makes it smell more strongly, and maybe it will attract her attention more

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks guys! Although unfortunately for Taz (and me too, let's face it - since I've gotten used to having him around all day) while on leave yesterday I got the call to return to work. Not just WFH, but the office - so this morning is Tazo's first day outside, in months. :( Ah well, I put his coat on and he's in the carport, so he should be happy enough.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

:burger:Today is Tennyson's birthday:burger:

Also I forgot to post the pictures from :burger:Mac's birthday:burger: last month.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

every year the burg face stays the same lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

actionjackson posted:

every year the burg face stays the same lol

haha yeah, burgs are pure ecstasy for greys, it would seem! :D Happy birthday, Tennyson!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
ZOOM

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Well, good news for li'l Tazo! Despite all the expectations/assessments of the vet pointing towards cancer, the lump disappeared overnight, confirming it was benign! I've happily cancelled the appointment, and shared a chicky burg with Taz by way of celebration. :toot: (no pics though, since it was quite dark)

Yay! It's nice opening up the thread and seeing all the good news. You need to move to South Africa so I can babysit Tazo every day.

Also happy birthday to Tennyson and Mac! How old are they now?

There seems to be a video missing.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Radiation Cow posted:

Also happy birthday to Tennyson and Mac! How old are they now?

Tennyson is now 6 and Mac is 5.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Radiation Cow posted:

There seems to be a video missing.

I meant to quote the blurry pictures of Tennyson and Mac :shobon:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Gello's been very lonely during lockdown since we haven't been able to walk with many of her friends. After getting woken up at 4am for a week straight, we decided to remedy the situation and adopt another greyhound.

Guys, say hi to Boudicca.

She's nine years old, super sweet and affectionate with humans and has pretty good house manners. Gello had a week of sulking, but now they get on great, both inside and outside the house.

Unfortunately, Boudicca is also a bit of a lemon. The rescue warned us that she had a skin condition that they had treated. When she arrived, we saw this:

Took her to the vet the next day, and you guessed it, skin cancer. They've cut out all the lesions they could and the good news is that it's not going to kill her any time soon. We need to keep an eye and remove lumps before they get to the stage above, but we can cauterise instead of cutting them out.

She's also very bossy and dog aggressive on walks, which is a problem if we want to let her off leash. Currently working on recall and 'leave it', which is going... okay. We've also gotten her a muzzle so that she doesn't murderdog a small Yorkie to death. Fun times.

It's been a pretty stressful time, but I think we're over the worst of it now. She was a farm dog, so it feels good to show her exciting places like the forest, and hopefully the beach soon!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You're good people Radiation Cow

Also Boudicca is a good dog :3:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I love her long socks!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

skoolmunkee posted:

I love her long socks!

very nice leg warmers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Another Saturday, another scary sound of the vacuum in the condo hallway

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

Everyone meet Luke aka Bart's Beware! (Luke was his call name, but he doesn't really seem to know it. We might also try Levi or Loki)
We just got him home on Saturday. Our rescue wants us to keep him crated all the time unless he's getting a bathroom break or walk, which has been soooo hard so far. He's almost the perfect gentleman, just barking a few times when I leave the house, and he has pretty severe squirrel aggression.

Also he's a giant goober about stairs. We walked by the elementary school yesterday and he went up and down two big flights no trouble. Our home's split level, 5 step staircase? Frozen statue.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

NomNomNom posted:

Everyone meet Luke aka Bart's Beware! (Luke was his call name, but he doesn't really seem to know it. We might also try Levi or Loki)
We just got him home on Saturday. Our rescue wants us to keep him crated all the time unless he's getting a bathroom break or walk, which has been soooo hard so far. He's almost the perfect gentleman, just barking a few times when I leave the house, and he has pretty severe squirrel aggression.

Also he's a giant goober about stairs. We walked by the elementary school yesterday and he went up and down two big flights no trouble. Our home's split level, 5 step staircase? Frozen statue.

Aw! He's beautiful :kimchi: Why do you have to keep him in a crate for so long?

actionjackson posted:

Another Saturday, another scary sound of the vacuum in the condo hallway

I maintain that Abby is two-thirds deer. More so than any other long dog.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
There are some very good long doggos ITT :3:

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
I think the crating policy is get them used to the crate in your home and give them a chance to observe life in a new place. We can start giving him some more out of crate time tomorrow.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Congrats! I was required to do crating at least part of the time when I got Abby, but my group no longer requires a crate at all. Some greyhounds like them, but some don't. Abby was miserable when I kept her in one when I was gone in the first few weeks. I had setup a webcam and she literally barked and moaned the entire day, it was awful.

Does he voluntarily go into the crate? If so I say keep it, otherwise I'd ditch it when/if possible.

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
He's clever, he only goes in if you toss a treat in first. He's been in there most of the day today with nary a peep so I don't think he minds too much.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
We got a great big crate for Spartacus and barely even used it because he hated it. He went in happily once and every time after that it was a chore, even if he was free to come and go.

Apparently he much preferred the couch/dog bed/chair/rug/bare wood floor more than the crate :shrug:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Josie hated hers. As soon as she walked in the house she claimed the easy chair. She’s been a dream since day 1 so I just gave the crate to the rescue.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Long doggo friends! I hear that we might not have much longer on there forums. Any interest in a discord channels or Facebook group?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'd be interested! I'd prefer Discord myself since I don't have a Facebook account.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fuzz Feets posted:

Long doggo friends! I hear that we might not have much longer on there forums. Any interest in a discord channels or Facebook group?

Wait, really?! Well then sure, I'd be interested in joining (or creating) a FB group or a Discord server

EDIT: Ah, I see - I've just gone through the recent Lowtax debacle threads...urgh. Hopefully Lowtax just cedes control of the forums without a fuss, at this stage...

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 25, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the forums are not going anywhere

edit: any of you guys use an air purifier? If so which one and does it make a noticeable difference?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 25, 2020

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I'm also hoping for a mod coup, but it wouldn't hurt to have a discord just in case. It would also give me a space to spam all of you with terrible dog photos all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Radiation Cow posted:

I'm also hoping for a mod coup, but it wouldn't hurt to have a discord just in case. It would also give me a space to spam all of you with terrible dog photos all the time!

What's stopping you from doing it right here, right now? :colbert: