Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

He's so much more normal and even spoken than I imagined in my head. Love the retelling of the best DF bug ever as the cold open as well.

Noclip does some awesome stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"[...] there were spells which would teleport people's noses to god knows where [...]"

That sure is a Tarn Adams game. The guy has stuck his design philosophy, can't say it otherwise.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cardiovorax posted:

"[...] there were spells which would teleport people's noses to god knows where [...]"

I would check inside the nearest dad's fist.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry!

Karia has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jun 11, 2020

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

LifeSunDeath posted:

Thanks for the writeup. My dumb rear end sees game glitches and just goes "why can't they just not let objects clip into each other, problem solved" but I know from experience, it's way more complicated than that, and lots of things have to clip together to make it look right, so weird things happen sometimes.

Just wait till you turn a corner too hard and sink through the floor while posing IRL

Jestery has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Jun 11, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm working on adding dazzle camouflage to my ship game. To get the right look, everything on the ship needs to be camouflaged, except I got a little overzealous with "everything".

https://twitter.com/byobattleship/status/1273697781824098304

Bonus: when the ship moves, the texture...doesn't.

https://i.imgur.com/gO4VjkW.mp4

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it makes it hard to tell which way the ship is going, mission accomplished

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please tell me you're leaving that in as an option, the navy would be crippled without that ability

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Thought it'd be good news to many in here; Skate 4 is officially in the works.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Things you wish someone had video of but instead you have a workaround note from the dev:

There is a known rendering issue where a "black blob" expands from the skybox and clouds the player's view. If the player stays in one spot and spins around rapidly on the left-to-right axis (instead of rolling), this will temporarily fix the issue.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm working on adding dazzle camouflage to my ship game. To get the right look, everything on the ship needs to be camouflaged, except I got a little overzealous with "everything".

https://twitter.com/byobattleship/status/1273697781824098304

Giving them the ol' razzle-dazzle.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Did you buy that boat from Stan???

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Did you buy that boat from Stan???

Excellent reference.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Now I'm gonna have to have a random island in one of the missions be just covered in monkeys.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cage-free egghead posted:

Thought it'd be good news to many in here; Skate 4 is officially in the works.
I want to be excited about this but I know it's only happening because EA saw Tony Hawk Remake, Skater XL and Session's console early access launches and just went 'Yup, I guess it's safe enough to make a new one'

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Now I'm gonna have to have a random island in one of the missions be just covered in monkeys.

That's the second biggest battleship I've ever seen!

Croccers posted:

I want to be excited about this but I know it's only happening because EA saw Tony Hawk Remake, Skater XL and Session's console early access launches and just went 'Yup, I guess it's safe enough to make a new one'

This could mean a lot of genuine glitches, because earlier Skate games didn't have glitches as such, just hilarious ragdolls and opportunities to mess with the physics, plus that delightful metallic "CLANK!" sound when characters would hit certain objects.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Croccers posted:

I mean... yeah? The reason they dragged rear end to begin with was skateboarding games dying out as a genre, and the Tony Hawk games of that period doing horribly. The genre's crawling back out of the grave now, so they're doing it again.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Make at least one three-headed monkey for maximum reference points.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The last thps was 5 years ago, and was really bad at launch. No clue if they ever patched it up, but since it was s rush job to get it out the door before Activision lost the license I doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGoN9uSL6E

I know nick sucks as a person, but this shows just how bad the game was. Activision had to put out a day one 8 gig patch to actually give you access the game, as the disks only shipped with the tutorial and the create a skate park feature.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bugsy posted:

The last thps was 5 years ago, and was really bad at launch. No clue if they ever patched it up, but since it was s rush job to get it out the door before Activision lost the license I doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGoN9uSL6E

I know nick sucks as a person, but this shows just how bad the game was. Activision had to put out a day one 8 gig patch to actually give you access the game, as the disks only shipped with the tutorial and the create a skate park feature.

UGH, why did carboy have to be a creep...I feel like in some weird way Grif's career also spiraled down after Nick self destructed...it's so lame.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Monster Factory is still amazing, but losing a big chunk of your archives because of someone else's arseholeness will hurt anyone.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
For what it's worth, the Nick situation happened right around when The Adventure Zone got REAL drat big, and I think soon after was when he started a new podcast with his wife that's still going. Griffin's own corner of podcasting has been very kind to him, and while I miss the willingness he had to do neat gaming stuff at Polygon, I don't feel sad for him anymore. He's doing good.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

griffin doesn't do as much video game specific stuff but he (and his whole family) are still absurdly active in general

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

griffin doesn't do as much video game specific stuff but he (and his whole family) are still absurdly active in general

I think I have an unreasonable ask, and that is Griffin needs to do a solo podcast...anyway, thanks for hearing my story.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Not unreasonable at all, there are still many amiibos left to review.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Their podcasts have been adapted into graphic novels, two board games and two television series. They're fine without the polygon stuff

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

RandomFerret posted:

Their podcasts have been adapted into graphic novels, two board games and two television series. They're fine without the polygon stuff

Wait, which was the second television series? I somehow missed that one.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

PurpleXVI posted:

Wait, which was the second television series? I somehow missed that one.

The Adventure Zone is in development to be an animated series on NBC's streaming service, although I haven't heard anything on when it's going to be released.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paper Tiger posted:

The Adventure Zone is in development to be an animated series on NBC's streaming service, although I haven't heard anything on when it's going to be released.

Did any of you attempt to watch the McElroy show they made...it was...not great.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did any of you attempt to watch the McElroy show they made...it was...not great.

It had good points and bad points. Personally every time they were loving with the major, I loved it incredibly.

Though I'm sad that they didn't actually make the Vape Ape segment.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LifeSunDeath posted:

It was fine.

Travis no-poo poo punching Justin was good TV

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

VanSandman posted:

It was fine.

Travis no-poo poo punching Justin was good TV

Oof, NO HITTING!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/yLdX6qQ.mp4

ok

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Turn back."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Great things to add to MMO's to spice up gameplay: wonky platforming.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Do people like the platforming parts in Destiny? It seems by and for the 5 people still making and playing Sven Coop challenge maps in 2009.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I unironically love destiny’s obsession with jumping puzzles & they’re a great way to give you a chillout break in the middle of raids and dungeons. when I am playing hunter and can just triple jump. I loving hate the warlock floaty float where the moment you have downward momentum you have no way to reverse it so if you drop off the side of a platform, all you can do is a slow sink of shame to your demise

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

zedprime posted:

Do people like the platforming parts in Destiny? It seems by and for the 5 people still making and playing Sven Coop challenge maps in 2009.

When it worked it was really cool, imo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wow I just... Wow.

Safety Town was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I think I have an unreasonable ask, and that is Griffin needs to do a solo podcast...anyway, thanks for hearing my story.

it's not what you're asking for but have you heard the one he does with his wife? it's very him.