Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Randaconda posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53059527

DNA reveals incest among ancient elite of Ireland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The divine right of royalty is one of the dumbest mass delusions in history so it follows that royals would get so up their own arses that incest seems preferable to democracy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They have the divine right......the divine right to kiss my rear end, that is !!!! :D :D :D

1789 | F R E N C H R E V O L U T I O N C R E W | 1789

-xXxRobespierreblazeit420xXx-

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Much like the Russian Revolution centuries later the French Revolution was driven to excesses by the opposing forces of rich assholes who could not risk a popular regime change succeeding and spreading the spirit across Europe.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The French Revolution is legitimately one of the most important events in human history, despite the Terror, and even if the main short-term effect was to pave the way for bourgeois liberal capitalism.

The Russian Revolution is a lot more :yikes: when you know how it turned out, and the worst atrocities/genocides occurred after the situation had already stabilized and there was no immediate internal or external threat.

e: I only truly respect three numbers; 69, 420, and 1789

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sure but a big part of the reasons the Bolsheviks took control was rich assholes feeding the civil war, Stalin probably wouldn't have made it in a more inclusive coalition such as the ones before the war.

:pigoff: just keeps funding the fascists, royalists and any other shithead who might delay the end of exploitative capital industry.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/StormyDaniels/status/1274718489715052545?s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1274854874895843329

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Preferred term is undocumented

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's no fun, being an illegal simian.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I always thought the original was actually some actress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Preferred term is undocumented

It's papers are actually fully in order, it's just illegally fabulous.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Didn't see a PYF for regular wikipedia articles so hopefully I can unload this jizz here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_(birding)

quote:

Experienced birders can often make reliable identifications in the field at a glance by using jizz.

quote:

If we are walking on the road and see, far ahead, someone whom we recognise although we can neither distinguish features nor particular clothes, we may be certain that we are not mistaken; there is something in the carriage, the walk, the general appearance which is familiar; it is, in fact, the individual's jizz.

quote:

The term was first used in print in 1922 [...] attributed it to "a west-coast Irishman"

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I always thought jizz was a kind of music. Shows what I know.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

It's the music of the spheres.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marcade posted:

It's the music of the spheres.

Jizz is stored in the spheres?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

If you consider my mother spherical, yes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
it happened again

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1275166501247561731

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Marcade posted:

If you consider my mother spherical, yes.

Hah kind of like your

Wait poo poo!!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Don't sell yourself short. You've probably accumulated a lot of people's jizz over the years.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It痴 the maculate conception now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

#moodrn

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is a genre now, a thousand years from now art historians will be saying that this was the style of the early 21st century

e: Round Jesus will be considered our Mona Lisa

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pope Hilarius II posted:

The music played in the Star Wars Cantina is "Jizz" Music.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Played by a glans band

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

NEEEEEERRRRRD

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, these are killing me. I am imagining the rising sense of panic as the person scrapes and smears, but everything he or she does just makes it worse. We致e all been there, but we池e usually not making GBS threads up precious works of art.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Randaconda posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53059527

DNA reveals incest among ancient elite of Ireland

I just took a DNA test - turns out I知 a 100% inbred.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nottherealaborn posted:

Mine came back 99 percent the dirt of Europe, so :same:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, these are killing me. I am imagining the rising sense of panic as the person scrapes and smears, but everything he or she does just makes it worse. We’ve all been there, but we’re usually not making GBS threads up precious works of art.

It's like the opposite of the first Mr Bean movie where he perfectly recreated Whistler's Mother after a failed attempt to fix the damaged original with a marker pen.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Nottherealaborn posted:

I dunno, that sounds a bit flakey to me!

...because-

-because bread can flake and...

bread is a homophone for -bred an-

oh nevermind.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Randaconda posted:

Mine came back 99 percent the dirt of Europe, so :same:

Which company did you guys use for the test? I've been thinking of getting one for my dad for his birthday. The racial stuff probably wouldn't interest him since there's no reason to think he's anything but 99%-100% 'European', and he wouldn't care if he wasn't, but he's always going on about human evolution, Neanderthal intermixing, haplogroups, etc.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Which company did you guys use for the test? I've been thinking of getting one for my dad for his birthday. The racial stuff probably wouldn't interest him since there's no reason to think he's anything but 99%-100% 'European', and he wouldn't care if he wasn't, but he's always going on about human evolution, Neanderthal intermixing, haplogroups, etc.

I used 23 and me, but they all seem about the same. (I have a bit of Neanderthal, but that's probably most of Europe at this point)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Most Asians too, if I remember correctly. Latest finds indicate that there's been quite a bit of intermixing among humanoid species, found especially in the DNA of human groups that left Africa.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Aren't these tests notorious for selling your (and consequently your family's) genetic information to medical companies?

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 13:31 on Jun 23, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Probably. Also I believe it was the Golden State killer who was finally caught when the cops uploaded his dna from some crime scenes, then used their database to match with close relatives and tracked him down from there.

So by uploading your dna, you're functionally in a police database now!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What do the medical companies do with the information? Create mutant superhuman soldiers?

Honestly, if my dad is some sort of serial killer, I don't mind if he gets caught

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Nottherealaborn posted:

I知 100% white....that can稚 be right....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Phlegmish posted:

What do the medical companies do with the information? Create mutant superhuman soldiers?
Your insurance providers could use it as an excuse to deny you coverage for any medical conditions with hereditary components.

"This marker indicates a 5% higher risk of cancer which totally counts as a pre-existing condition."

Jasper Tin Neck has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jun 23, 2020