Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

PJOmega posted:

That's the worrying part of this rhetoric ramp up. When you seek to convince your audience that people who don't agree with your bigotry are demonic communists who want to steal your children and consume their blood you will eventually succeed and what other option is there for those believers but preemptive action to stave off the nonexistent threat?

God I tried my damnedest to warn everyone that exactly this would happen- that rhetoric was dangerous and contagious and could cause radicalization across a significant enough portion of our population to destabilize the United States and that we needed to start taking it seriously. Literal years of harassment and bullying and mockery because I tried to tell people exactly what was coming, and now that its here all I feel is a mixture of dread and failure.

gently caress. Just I don't even know what the loving say right now.

Anyone who can should try and get a couple of months worth of food stockpile on hand, not because of covid-19, but because of the massive wave of civil unrest that is coming.

This is going to be bad, real real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
It's ok, all it took to stamp this poo poo out in Germany was losing a world war.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!

Mistikman posted:

It's ok, all it took to stamp this poo poo out in Germany was losing a world war.

I'm sure it will be fine.

How many nations do you think it would take to beat the USA in a war?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

I mean if there is a major war it's going to likely escalate into a nuclear conflict and then nothing matters. I don't see how you have any war between two major nuclear powers where both sides agree not to use nukes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean, we keep getting our poo poo wrecked by farmers and dudes who used to run nokia stores before we leveled their neighborhoods so 1?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

LOL as of republicans would EVER surrender. It's the ultimate sign of weakness.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

LOL as of republicans would EVER surrender. It's the ultimate sign of weakness.

I'm sure that's what the confederates said, and they gave up in a huff the minute the plantation class started seeing their stuff burned down.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Rush the other day on covid:
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/06/18/dr-fauci-casts-doubt-on-nfl-season/

quote:

RUSH: You know, you talk about college and the impact it will have on women’s sports. They can’t play college football if they don’t open the schools, if there are no classes. If the universities and colleges don’t open, then there’s no way that they could get away with having the college football season, even if they’re gonna prevent fans from going in.

CALLER: I hear you.

RUSH: So imagine the lost year of education to people, not just in college, but in high school and middle school and all the rest of this. Now, here’s the thing that happened. Stick with me on this, Randy. Donald Trump was sitting here minding his own business one day and this virus hits, and he has a meeting with the medical people — the Scarf Queen, Dr. Fauci, the CDC people and so forth.

And they tell him… They give him a model projection from some jerk in the U.K., and it says that if we don’t do anything, 2.2 million people will die in America and 500,000 will die in the U.K. Trump is sitting there look at this, and that’s simply unacceptable. You can’t ignore that. You have to pay attention to it, and then you have to hope these guys are telling you the truth.

But you ask, “Are they part of the deep state cabal trying to take me out?” He knows that they are, but yet 2.2 million people. Then it’s learned that that figure of 2.2 million people is simply a wild guess in a model that did not include as one of the factors any social distance. In other words, if we didn’t do anything, if we didn’t take any mitigating procedure, behavioral changes, then 2.2 million would die.

But! But!

If we just did one thing — social distancing, keep six feet away from everybody — well, that 2.2 million people becomes something like 120,000, which is a big difference from 2.2 million. They misled! It was never going to be 2.2 million peoiple, but that’s how they got Trump’s attention. I’ll tell you what I think happened, Randy. I think it took Trump two weeks to figure out that the medical people were politicizing this for their and their buddies’ benefit.
See? I told you all the science was bunk! They only gave the numbers if we did nothing to trick Trump into doing something and now he did and lowered the numbers proving we didn't need to do anything!

Also this screed was in response to asking about sports an event where players can't social distance

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
haha

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1274504568127119360

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I happened to listen to Joe Pags the other day and while he's absolutely a piece of poo poo, I got a kick out of his response to a caller who called in to say that it would be ridiculous to have Juneteenth declared a national holiday. The guy was like "Well if we celebrate Juneteenth then why don't we also celebrate this Native American holiday and this Italian holiday and all these other days, I tell you what we should have, is November 29th should be National Go To Work Day so we know they're working at least one day a year!"

So Joe Pags was like "I don't understand, why would you be upset if they declare Juneteenth a federal holiday? Like forget about all those other days you were talking about, what's the problem with it being a holiday?" and the guy started to talk about "Well you know there's all these other groups" and Joe cut him off and said "Look you're not answering my question, it's a very direct question, why do you not want Juneteenth to be a federal holiday?" The guy finally said some bullshit about there being "too many holidays" and Joe just says "Well so what? We can just get rid of one of the other ones. I still don't understand why you're so upset about it."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hmm...yes, indeed. Why WOULD anyone object to Juneteenth being a national holiday?

*Vehemently opposes MLK Day in Arizona*

So their argument is we get too much paid time off form work then because just holy poo poo LOL.

Agree there are too many "Holidays" - as if any of us get those days off in the first place.

Let's get rid if Columbus Day for starters and extrapolate out from there then, since we seem to be in some form of agreement.

Jesus Christ. Even the host was baffled by the line of questioning from this caller. Frankenstein is loose, y'all.

They've been brainwashing their listeners for over 25 years and seem genuinely surprised that they're all completely insane.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BiggerBoat posted:

Hmm...yes, indeed. Why WOULD anyone object to Juneteenth being a national holiday?

So their argument is we get too much paid time off form work then because just holy poo poo LOL.

Agree there are too many "Holidays" - as if any of us get those days off in the first place.

Let's get rid if Columbus Day for starters and extrapolate out from there then, since we seem to be in some form of agreement.

Jesus Christ. Even the host was baffled by the line of questioning from this caller. Frankenstein is loose, y'all.

They've been brainwashing their listeners for over 25 years and seem genuinely surprised that they're all completely insane.

But...whether you get holidays off is at the discretion of your employer. For instance, my company gives us 10 federal holiday days, but 4 of them are floaters. I want to say MLK, Columbus, maybe Presidents', and one other, and you can use those like extra PTO days throughout the year. Ideally, they want you to use them to give yourself a 3 day weekend, but most supervisors are fully willing to let you take them in a block. We also give people special holidays in their own country off, like Canada's Thanksgiving, Diwali, etc.

So declaring Juneteenth a holiday means fuckall for commerce. Most companies will continue to offer their bank of holidays and if you want Juneteenth off, use your PTO.

The only one that does matter is making Election Day a proper paid holiday.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

This in conjunction with mandatory voting (even if it's undeclared) would make American politics mean something.

Instead half the country can't or won't vote and we get shills for leadership because a small voting block won the ballot.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

But...whether you get holidays off is at the discretion of your employer. For instance, my company gives us 10 federal holiday days, but 4 of them are floaters. I want to say MLK, Columbus, maybe Presidents', and one other, and you can use those like extra PTO days throughout the year. Ideally, they want you to use them to give yourself a 3 day weekend, but most supervisors are fully willing to let you take them in a block. We also give people special holidays in their own country off, like Canada's Thanksgiving, Diwali, etc.

So declaring Juneteenth a holiday means fuckall for commerce. Most companies will continue to offer their bank of holidays and if you want Juneteenth off, use your PTO.

Yeah, I was trying to speak to that but obviously failed.

Fully paid Holidays, I get:

July 4
Memorial Day
Labor Day
Christmas
New Year's Day
Thanksgiving

And one or two half days sprinkled here and there throughout (like the day after Thanksgiving or half a paid day on NYE or Christmas Eve). Past that, I think I get 10 other days (sick time or personal days). I don't think I'm alone and pretty sure many folks even get less.

I feel so FREE!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

that was exactly the choice Mecham gave the voters in AZ, he knew it would work because all the heritage protectors came out of the woodwork

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

^^^Why would they object to a paid holiday?^^

Can't wait for the news to unfold this week when MSM suddenly finds out that leftists and democrats loving hate John Bolton and don't give a poo poo about his stupid book or wtf he has to say while FOX News and AM radio try to make him some sort of Deep State radical liberal.

Because I know it's coming.

These same assholes loving worshiped Bolton under GWB and in the wake of 9/11. Mattis too.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 22, 2020

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
https://twitter.com/asmiff/status/1274712158841065478

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Reminding me of how Mississippi is finally more seriously considering changing their flag but AFAIK isn't considering changing the dual-recognition of MLK and Robert E. Lee on the same day, which is much more blatant.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^Why would they object to a paid holiday?^^

Can't wait for the news to unfold this week when MSM suddenly finds out that leftists and democrats loving hate John Bolton and don't give a poo poo about his stupid book or wtf he has to say while FOX News and AM radio try to make him some sort of Deep State radical liberal.

Because I know it's coming.

These same assholes loving worshiped Bolton under GWB and in the wake of 9/11. Mattis too.

Is there a compilation of poo poo like this where people are hyped up and lauded, only to be immediately turned on? It seems to have happened to a hell of a lot of people in Trump's circle during his presidency (Cohen, the Mooch, Spicer, etc.), and a collated list would be nice.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Just find a list of people who don't work for Trump anymore. That'll be around 95% accurate.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Why do they keep trying?

You'd think after all previous prophecies were proven to be bunk they'd have some sort of epiphany.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Vichan posted:

Why do they keep trying?

You'd think after all previous prophecies were proven to be bunk they'd have some sort of epiphany.

Its easy to convince people of things they desperately want to be true. A city getting vaporized is the perfect catalyst for RAHOWA (any day now!) in their minds is my guess.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Axetrain posted:

Its easy to convince people of things they desperately want to be true. A city getting vaporized is the perfect catalyst for RAHOWA (any day now!) in their minds is my guess.

The more they hype it, the more likely it is that some RAHOWA-hungry people are going to act "preemptively".

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dirk the Average posted:

Is there a compilation of poo poo like this where people are hyped up and lauded, only to be immediately turned on? It seems to have happened to a hell of a lot of people in Trump's circle during his presidency (Cohen, the Mooch, Spicer, etc.), and a collated list would be nice.

Off the top of my head:

Sessions
Spicer
Saramuchi
Mattis
Preibus
Cohen
Kelly
Huckabee-Sanders
Manafort
Bannon
Flynn
Hope Hicks
Conway

Not sure how many of those people are poo poo listed now though but you're right.

Would be cool to see a list of all "the best people" that are now weak losers" because they didn't kiss Trump's rear end.

E:

Here we go:

17 of the ‘best people’ Trump hired — and then attacked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/13/best-people-trump-hired-then-attacked/

Forgot about Tillerson

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 22, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Off the top of my head:

Sessions
Spicer
Saramuchi
Mattis
Preibus
Cohen
Kelly
Huckabee-Sanders
Manafort
Bannon
Flynn
Hope Hicks
Conway

Not sure how many of those people are poo poo listed now though but you're right.

Would be cool to see a list of all "the best people" that are now weak losers" because they didn't kiss Trump's rear end.

E:

Here we go:

17 of the ‘best people’ Trump hired — and then attacked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/13/best-people-trump-hired-then-attacked/

Forgot about Tillerson

If there's anything to be enjoyed so many of them joined the Trump administration expecting it to be a state career to elevate their personal status beyond mere business/statecraft and into the pantheons of the Great Men of American history like Henry Kissinger(lol).

Instead they barely last a year before getting dumped in a humiliating manner and the entire political structure they praised them as geniuses and great thinkers is now blasting them as weak morons who couldn't do the job.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Dirk the Average posted:

The fall of Diamond & Silk was also something to see. They were thrown to the sidelines as soon as they weren't useful anymore.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Vichan posted:

The fall of Diamond & Silk was also something to see. They were thrown to the sidelines as soon as they weren't useful anymore.

They were the opening act on Saturday though?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

greazeball posted:

Normally that would be prestigious but given that rally was a humiliating failure it might be yet another strike against them in Trump's eyes.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

greazeball posted:

Oh, gently caress. They're back?

They were dropped by Fox for pushing COVID conspiracy theories a while back.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I bring this movie up about once or twice a year but everyone who reads this thread should see it.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpWaJRyVQo

Bob Roberts predicted all this poo poo in 1992 and it gets so little love so I'll continue to pimp it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

greazeball posted:

Yeah, Trump will still trot them out there because black faces, but they are totally persona non grata at Fox.

Think about that-- even Fox news said, "Holy poo poo, these people are just too far out there! No more."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So...

Can I still look forward to Rush Limbaugh dying by the end of the year?

Because I hope he dies.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I hope he lives to see Trump lose the election, and then dies.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

How are u posted:

I hope he lives to see Trump lose the election, and then dies.

Was just about to post this.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BiggerBoat posted:

So...

Can I still look forward to Rush Limbaugh dying by the end of the year?

Because I hope he dies.

I hope the opposite. I hope he just keeps living, but his cancer grows progressively worse and worse until he is wracked with agony, unable to breathe, bed-bound. I hope his servants ignore him and leave him to stew in his own waste, sores opening on his corpse-pale body and becoming infected from the surrounding feculence. I want him to lay there and plead for help in a weak, sad little voice, and the only response is the occasional changing of a saline bag to keep him just barely alive and conscious. I hope his servants steal his pain medication so he has to remain at least semi-lucid, so he can watch as Trump stands bloated and petulant behind his precious little podium, blathering about how he only likes winners, and how maybe El Rushbo would still be around if he hadn't been a Never Trumper early on, and how he's a secret Democrat who used to go overseas to have his way with children. I want Rush Limbaugh to live. I want him to live for a very long time.

Thoughts like these help to relieve and comfort me in these trying times.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for all the fish, BB.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SpeakSlow posted:

Same. The head, the tail, the whole drat thing.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Good news everyone, lowtax no longer benefits from the forums.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

PJOmega posted:

Good news everyone, lowtax no longer benefits from the forums.

Wait until the ink is dry before saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

SpeakSlow posted:

I'm not talkin' about pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' about workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' about sharkin'.

My 9 year old son compared the Mayor in JAWS to Donald Trump and Ron Desantis relating to the proverbial "opening of the beaches" in the midst of corona virus and how much danger we're being put under right now here in NE FL.

He's a smart kid.

But at least the mayor eventually admitted he hosed up and hired Quint. Trump would have called Hooper, Brody and Quint "losers" after firing them from his cabinet and blamed the shark attacks on...well...I dunno. The media I guess?