Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN3CPwyREIc

goty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this page is reserved for captain tsubasa rise of new champions posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Looks a million times better than fifa

edit: France: denied being hosts and out for revenge lmao how have I never heard of this game before?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

That looks fun and now I want a Ping Pong game based on the anime.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

jesus dude you’ve only seen a small trailer and like two screenshots

I've had pc's since the 90s i know how resolution and various graphic options work for frame rates and the ability to run.

Are you all forgetting mgs5 ran on a ps3. The witcher 3 runs on a switch. It ran on pc that i built in 2010 for witcher 2. So does re7, re2 and re3. Demon souls is a 1:1 graphical remake the same way soc was. (Because they know purists will hire hitmen after them)

Jak and daxter however, will not run on a ps4 because how they are using the ssd to create that game

Not being weird or elitist but a lot of main console players really dont understand how pc gaming operates with graphical options. Theres no gen hardlock, just lower and lower settings and frame rates until you cant take it anymore and upgrade. Unless your a japanese dev and you forget to tick a sse3 box when compiling your .exe and then have to ask about it in the steam forums while fending off dumb posts telling you to waste money and upgrade the cpu and then hello, the dev patches the game a week later and the loving thing runs perfect at 1080p 60fps at decent looking settings.

Anyway...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like you're the one who doesn't understand game development if the concept of SKUs evades you this badly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Please stay on topic Vikar and Arist thank you

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I saw a man kick a ball with the power of eagle and now I need this game, holy poo poo

Vikar Jerome posted:

Are you all forgetting mgs5 ran on a ps3.

MGSV had enemy counts severely capped so it could run on garbo PS3/360 CPUs, I wouldn't use this example

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN3CPwyREIc

goty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this page is reserved for captain tsubasa rise of new champions posts

I hope every match takes two hours long to play between all the action scenes, dialogue and so. Jokes aside it looks drat cool.

:laffo:

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

precision posted:

My PS4 isn't a Pro and it makes literally no noise during TLOU2

When are people gonna learn that a loud PS4 almost always means it's dirty?

I have a launch console. I’ve taken it apart and cleaned it twice and it’s still loud, and I’m not going to invest the time in redoing the thermal paste or whatever on a console that will be obsolete in 6 months.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I dont understand the problem with demons souls remake being ps5 exclusive because we're all buying ps5s and demons souls remakes anyway???

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
My PS4 has never been loud and I regularly remove clogs of rabbit fur from the vents.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Finally, the anime soccer game I've always wanted

persona 4 soccer club dont count

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is a good point

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Arist posted:

I feel like you're the one who doesn't understand game development if the concept of SKUs evades you this badly.

Lol are you kidding me or am i just not explaining this poo poo well.

Would like to take this moment to point how i dont care either way where ds comes out on, juat saying, like nutt is, that what we've seen can be ran on a ps4 with options turned off. Both ps4 and 5 are x86. Ps5 like two ps4 pros duct taped together.

acksplode posted:

MGSV had enemy counts severely capped so it could run on garbo PS3/360 CPUs, I wouldn't use this example

Then you dont understand what im saying, mgs5 ran on a ps3, thats fact, of course i dont mean demon souls remake is gonna run on a ps4 and look 1:1 with the ps5 at 4k. The look of the buildings and models could remain but take off raytracing and drop that internal resolution to sub 1080, lower texture resolution etc, and unless theres unannouced ssd features then it would run on a base ps4 no problem. Keyword there is run and be playable. Its up to your eyes on how acceptable that is.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Then you dont understand what im saying, mgs5 ran on a ps3, thats fact, of course i dont mean demon souls remake is gonna run on a ps4 and look 1:1 with the ps5 at 4k. The look of the buildings and models could remain but take off raytracing and drop that internal resolution to sub 1080, lower texture resolution etc, and unless theres unannouced ssd features then it would run on a base ps4 no problem. Keyword there is run and be playable. Its up to your eyes on how acceptable that is.
Reducing enemy counts to reduce CPU consumption for handling AI isn't just scaling down, it's a meaningful change to how the game plays. I think the point you're trying to make is that Demons Souls Remake could run on PS4 just by scaling some things down without compromising how the game plays, and MGSV is not an example in your favor.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Playing Judgement and some of the background music really feels like it could have been lifted from a Persona game, its nice

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Curious for Podracing impressions if anyone takes the plunge; game sounds fine on the Switch from early reports in that thread but wonder if there's much of an advantage on PS4.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its up to your eyes on how acceptable that is.

Yeah, it's definitely not up to Bluepoint to decide they'd rather it run on PS5 to avoid load time issues or anything, it has to be a conspiracy to force people to upgrade.

Remember the load times on death or traveling via lantern in Bloodborne? Imagine how much better that would have been without those delays. Maybe that was something Bluepoint considered when asked to do their remake!

Who knows. Are you going to make similar arguments for why isn't Horizon 2 on PS4, or Ratchet, or or or... then you get the situation Xbox have with the Series X where there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to buy the drat thing for the next few years.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

Reducing enemy counts to reduce CPU consumption for handling AI isn't just scaling down, it's a meaningful change to how the game plays. I think the point you're trying to make is that Demons Souls Remake could run on PS4 just by scaling some things down without compromising how the game plays, and MGSV is not an example in your favor.

They would have to drastically up enemy counts in Demons Souls remake or alter the game in some significant ways for it to be about anything more than graphical fidelity in this case. MGSV is not a particularly good comparison because those were developed concurrently and this is a remake of something we have already played on a PS3. I would love for them to go buckwild and make something akin to SOTFS but it still wouldn't likely "need" the PS5 hardware to exist and it's not really Bluepoint's "thing."

I am stoked to buy a PS5 and play Demons Souls on it but it's pretty rich to assume I will be in a position to blow roughly 500 dollars on a console in four or five months given the current government response to literally everything in my country. In five months I might be hoarding bottle caps and even a 60 dollar game purchase will be a lot to ask!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol are you kidding me or am i just not explaining this poo poo well.

Would like to take this moment to point how i dont care either way where ds comes out on, juat saying, like nutt is, that what we've seen can be ran on a ps4 with options turned off. Both ps4 and 5 are x86. Ps5 like two ps4 pros duct taped together.

That's a really simplistic view of software development. The CPU instruction set being the same is only a small part of being compatible with a different platform. Game engines aren't some a la carte thing where you can just "disable raytracing" by unchecking a box. If you get rid of raytracing, then you're going to have to replace it with something. If you want it to look halfway decent, that's going to mean a second very different rendering pipeline with a completely different set of passes for calculating shadow cascades, specular light sources, global illumination, etc. And despite being a less modern, lower fidelity representation of real-time lighting, that may in fact be more demanding of resources and result in lower performance, especially without years of performance tuning behind the engine. This isn't Unreal Engine which, as an explicit design goal, is meant to scale to run on every sort of platform and makes a ton of tradeoffs as a result. A first party title designed for a particular platform is more likely to lean heavily on platform-specific functionality and libraries or rely on known performance characteristics of the platform. The PS3 had a somewhat strange architecture with a PowerPC CPU and a bunch of high-speed vector processors running in parallel, and code that uses that to its full advantage would not necessarily translate directly to x86. Even if it did, its performance characteristics may be completely different.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seedge posted:

Who knows. Are you going to make similar arguments for why isn't Horizon 2 on PS4, or Ratchet, or or or... then you get the situation Xbox have with the Series X where there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to buy the drat thing for the next few years.

None of those games are remakes of 12 year old games, so probably not.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Does anyone else love playing with ropes in the last of us 2 as much as I do

Game is amazing!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HampHamp posted:

Game is amazing!

I reinstalled TLOU so I guess I will probably be stuck playing with ladders for a bit.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Could a Demon's Souls remake be made for PS4?

Yes

Will this Demon's Souls remake be made for PS4?

No

Will posting endlessly about it change anything?

No

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Seedge posted:

Yeah, it's definitely not up to Bluepoint to decide they'd rather it run on PS5 to avoid load time issues or anything, it has to be a conspiracy to force people to upgrade.

Remember the load times on death or traveling via lantern in Bloodborne? Imagine how much better that would have been without those delays. Maybe that was something Bluepoint considered when asked to do their remake!

Lmao. No one is having that arguement my dude. The gently caress? (Tho RE8 was crossgen as of 4 months ago, so have fun with that info)

I feel like some of you are taking this basic rear end poo poo as personal attacks of some kind and its weird as gently caress.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

FallenGod posted:

Could a Demon's Souls remake be made for PS4?

Yes

Will this Demon's Souls remake be made for PS4?

No

Will posting endlessly about it change anything?

No

Pretty much.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

HampHamp posted:

Game is amazing!

The rope is seriously impressive. And I'm just as impressed by the seamless character animations when you're manipulating it. When Ellie's movement is stopped by the tension on the rope, you can feel the force of her tugging on it. Great stuff

https://twitter.com/R_Nikaido/status/1274142361635876866

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The rope is great, some of the puzzles with that had me stumped for awhile. Much better than the ladder stuff from the first game.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lmao. No one is having that arguement my dude. The gently caress? (Tho RE8 was crossgen as of 4 months ago, so have fun with that info)

Resident Evil 8 was announced for next gen only at the PS5 reveal and was never announced for anything else before that so I don't know where you're getting this from.

DrNutt posted:

None of those games are remakes of 12 year old games, so probably not.

Hmm, good point. Why didn't Bluepoint put their remaster of SOTC out on the PS3 as well? They could have reduced the draw distance, the graphical effects, the lighting, it would have totally worked on the older console too.

Games will get made for the new console that will only be on the new console. This happens every generation. I get that it sucks that its the only game you wanted to buy for the next ten years, and will cease to exist 30 days after launch for when you do eventually get a PS5 and can then play it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Perhaps it could be argued that a game like Demon's Souls deserves the distinction of being a proper PS5-title and not some cross-gen abomination. It's an objective fact that the current appearance of the game would be worse if it was designed with cross-gen in mind, lowest common denominator and all. It's more than just 'lol maek textures low res'

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

precision posted:

My PS4 isn't a Pro and it makes literally no noise during TLOU2

When are people gonna learn that a loud PS4 almost always means it's dirty?

I've opened mine up and replaced the thermal paste twice. No dust. What tiny amount there was, I cleaned but it was like seriously nothing, and I had it to where the CPU was exposed.

When are you gonna learn there's more than one cause for overheating, and that poor Q&A means that you might have a fine console and others may not be? In my case, the processor itself may just be garbage because replacing the paste didn't even help.

edit: I'm actually considering a water cooling mod. that would be the final attempt.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 23, 2020

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I got saddled with a ps4pro that's so bad I can't play it for more than 2 hours before the heat accumulates too much and starts to cut out the HDMI picture and audio. Tried everything. Just luck of the draw

(should add it only does this on really intensive games, like FFVIIr and God of War)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seedge posted:

Hmm, good point. Why didn't Bluepoint put their remaster of SOTC out on the PS3 as well? They could have reduced the draw distance, the graphical effects, the lighting, it would have totally worked on the older console too.

Uh, are you aware that the thing you are presenting as a Serious Own actually exists almost exactly as you describe?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Perhaps it could be argued that a game like Demon's Souls deserves the distinction of being a proper PS5-title and not some cross-gen abomination. It's an objective fact that the current appearance of the game would be worse if it was designed with cross-gen in mind, lowest common denominator and all. It's more than just 'lol maek textures low res'

See, this argument was the one to sway me. You are absolutely right and Demons Souls deserves better.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, well yeah, that's extremely obvious. I was just saying that the way they described it was so vague and I ravenously sprinted through the game that I thought I was forgetting her big emotional collapse. But yeah, that's super easy to understand. I was thinking of that same part of the game and I said 'but that can't be it, because Owen and Mel are named important characters and not random goons, not to mention that two- or three if you want to be really grim about the facts of the matter- people die there.

Sorry about that! I was trying to keep it vague intentionally, because the story beats are such a big part of the game's appeal. For what it's worth, the reviewer who counted it as a knock against continuity kinda put it the same way. It's a real cop out and not fair at all to the quality of this game's writing. The occasional scenes in which Ellie discovers some buried emotion besides raw fury have been some of the strongest in the game so far.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I got saddled with a ps4pro that's so bad I can't play it for more than 2 hours before the heat accumulates too much and starts to cut out the HDMI picture and audio. Tried everything. Just luck of the draw

(should add it only does this on really intensive games, like FFVIIr and God of War)

PS4 Pro (and I think the newest model of non-Pro) are made to be opened up for some light cleaning without tools. The entire top shelf snaps off by hand, giving access to the fan assembly. Deep cleaning would still require a full disassembly, but I imagine they know something I merely suspect by giving such easy access to the fan -- it's probably enemy number one when it comes to dust accumulation causing higher fan speeds (thus more noise.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 23, 2020

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So bummed I’m not playing TLoU2 right now :smith: it sounds fantastic

Playing the absolute hell out of it when the PS5 arrives though!!!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Why the hell are they doing multiple separate releases of ps2/3 games. Like I just checked the store and there's another star wars ep 1 racer. And a couple of weeks ago there was another bioshock 1/2. TF is happening on PSN?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Y'all seem tense and wound up.

Might I suggest:

https://twitter.com/KeroKeroBonito/status/1275208960367366144?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

So bummed I’m not playing TLoU2 right now :smith: it sounds fantastic

Playing the absolute hell out of it when the PS5 arrives though!!!

:( It's worth the wait, and it's worth the effort to avoid getting spoiled on the story. Stay strong!