Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sir AIDS posted:

Attention everyone who isn't me. Do NOT engage with this guy. He's posted pics of dead kids (wtf?) and all sorts of other insane poo poo on this forum according to his rap sheet. This guy is a real piece of crap.

oh christ almight this poo poo is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, but that's fine, don't engage with me. Go gently caress yourself, dipshit.

It's right there on your rap sheet.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok lets go to PMs or whatever lets not slapfight here

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

....and he's a transphobe. Big surprise.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gauss. Thanks for the apology. Please live up to it and don't post like that anymore.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

verbal enema posted:

ok lets go to PMs or whatever lets not slapfight here

good post, people always listen to this

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

StrixNebulosa posted:

gauss. Thanks for the apology. Please live up to it and don't post like that anymore.

Can I empty quote this? Because I want to empty quote this.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

cum posted:

good post, people always listen to this

hey
maybe it will forums user cum

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
From what I know, yes there is still a SJ, yes there will most likely be a BK, anything after that is anyone's guess.

This was to be the last title using the homebrew engine that runs Brigador, other ventures would call for new blood for sure.

And I hope my earlier call to keep the thread on topic isn't misread. I think now that we have an official statement it's perfectly reasonable to discuss. But please don't be idiots about it, thanks!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm not plugged into this game/dev community so I don't care if y'all want to discuss the posts/apology by gauss in here but do me a solid and don't engage with the clearly disingenuous arguments coming in

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I really hope Gauss lives up to his words but we need to see action too, maybe if he changes his avatar to a black box to demonstrate a commitment to the BLM movement I'll start to believe him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gauss if you are reading this I'll let you know that even though I disagreed with a lot of the content of the stuff you posted, I really don't think that leaving Stellar Jockeys and the development of this game was the correct idea. There are several other ways that this could be handled and I hope you reconsider because you are an incredibly talented person and shouldn't let this kind of hurdle stop you from what you do best.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Well not that Gauss has fallen on his sword I'm sure you people will be happy and accept his heartfelt apology and attempts at contrition.

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

I WILL SHOOT YOU AND I KNOW ROBOT KARATE

Lol, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, but that's fine, don't engage with me. Go gently caress yourself, dipshit.

Can I empty quote this? I'd like to empty quote this.

ediT: thank you for this:

quote:

I'm not plugged into this game/dev community so I don't care if y'all want to discuss the posts/apology by gauss in here but do me a solid and don't engage with the clearly disingenuous arguments coming in

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Gauss if you are reading this I'll let you know that even though I disagreed with a lot of the content of the stuff you posted, I really don't think that leaving Stellar Jockeys and the development of this game was the correct idea. There are several other ways that this could be handled and I hope you reconsider because you are an incredibly talented person and shouldn't let this kind of hurdle stop you from what you do best.

"this kind of hurdle" He did this to himself and you're being disingenuous about it.

Scab Eating Contest
Nov 28, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Agreeing with this. It'd be a huge waste of talent to pack it up and abandon everything now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Plutonis posted:

It's what you have to do now when this sort of stuff happens. Today is much different than it was yesterday and it is not OK to say awful poo poo no matter how serious or not you are. It isn't 1999 anymore, it's closer to 1968 where we're excited about sending poo poo to space and there are race marches happening all over the country.

gauss stepping away from Stellar Jockeys is the best chance it has to keep on being a thing. If he stays on then it gets tainted with that and it will crash and burn because of it. There is no sweeping stuff under the rug anymore, massive cultural shifts are happening (about goddamn time imho) and unfortunately nobody NEEDS another Brigador game. This is the best outcome.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

"Oh hey, 50 new posts what's goin..."
:yikes:

I love Brigador. Even if things take a turn for Stellar Jockeys, what's to stop them from licensing out the game engine they've worked so hard on? Let another indie company use it to remake Crusader: No Remorse or something.

Note: I am not a business person and don't know how any of this actually works.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah that was a bad post that I regret making, but please continue to try and find whatever you can to make me seem like the REAL bigot as I tell you and your bigot friends to gently caress themselves. It's really textbook chuddery, y'all are getting boring.

Anyway, it's a drat shame about what happened here with gauss and SJ. It's been interesting to see offsite posters trip over themselves to come in and defend his words, but that's how it goes now I guess. Hopefully gauss can get his poo poo together.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 24, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Well not that Gauss has fallen on his sword I'm sure you people will be happy and accept his heartfelt apology and attempts at contrition.

The fact that there are an incredibly large number of people blatantly coming in from the same offsite, including you who only posted recently to complain about Trans posters and to claim that the evidence against Gauss was fictional and made up, makes it hard for me to buy the apology as genuine because it reads the exact same as every other "I'm sorry I got caught" and the fact that he (or his friends) feel the need to astroturf a defense for him in a weirdly blatant attempt to fictionalize a narrative despite the fact that the people involved can't avoid being alt-right for more than a post at a time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Plutonis posted:

holy gently caress i agree with a plutonis post

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
Man a lot of people showing their rear end here.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Plutonis posted:

It is absolutely the wrong decision.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

ImpAtom posted:

The fact that there are an incredibly large number of people blatantly coming in from the same offsite, including you who only posted recently to complain about Trans posters and to claim that the evidence against Gauss was fictional and made up, makes it hard for me to buy the apology as genuine because it reads the exact same as every other "I'm sorry I got caught" and the fact that he (or his friends) feel the need to astroturf a defense for him in a weirdly blatant attempt to fictionalize a narrative despite the fact that the people involved can't avoid being alt-right for more than a post at a time.

So what would you rather have? A video of Gauss literally shooting himself in the head along with a background that says "Trans People = People"? You got your cancel, you got your satisfaction at seeing a public figure go down in flames. The game's over.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I also agree with Jim Varney av guy

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Don't be ridiculous, gauss is paleocon if anything given his heretical rejection of Vatican 2

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

A Curvy Goonette posted:

So what would you rather have? A video of Gauss literally shooting himself in the head along with a background that says "Trans People = People"? You got your cancel, you got your satisfaction at seeing a public figure go down in flames. The game's over.

what the gently caress is this

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Curvy Goonette posted:

It's not "canceling" to say that a massive bigot shouldn't be supported. Get hosed.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

What the gently caress. This isn't a game, and I don't want gauss dead. "you got your cancel" that's not what this is about!!!

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

I WILL SHOOT YOU AND I KNOW ROBOT KARATE

Yeah that was a bad post that I regret making, but please continue to try and find whatever you can to make me seem like the REAL bigot as I tell you and your bigot friends to gently caress themselves. It's really textbook chuddery, y'all are getting boring.

Anyway, it's a drat shame about what happened here with gauss and SJ. It's been interesting to see offsite posters trip over themselves to come in and defend his words, but that's how it goes now I guess. Hopefully gauss can get his poo poo together.

That's a really, really, unfortunate post though... What have you done to learn and grow since making it?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not "canceling" to say that a massive bigot shouldn't be supported. Get hosed.

I literally is by any definition. No thx sweetie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

What the gently caress. This isn't a game, and I don't want gauss dead. "you got your cancel" that's not what this is about!!!

It is to these people. They think we are all disingenuous friends trying to ruin lives in support of our brainwashing agenda. The though of caring about what happens to other people is completely alien to their smooth reptilian brains.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

KakerMix posted:

It's what you have to do now when this sort of stuff happens. Today is much different than it was yesterday and it is not OK to say awful poo poo no matter how serious or not you are. It isn't 1999 anymore, it's closer to 1968 where we're excited about sending poo poo to space and there are race marches happening all over the country.

gauss stepping away from Stellar Jockeys is the best chance it has to keep on being a thing. If he stays on then it gets tainted with that and it will crash and burn because of it. There is no sweeping stuff under the rug anymore, massive cultural shifts are happening (about goddamn time imho) and unfortunately nobody NEEDS another Brigador game. This is the best outcome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Curvy Goonette posted:

The fact that you think any of this is about 'the satisfaction of seeing a public figure go down in flames" or "cancel culture" pretty much speaks for itself. There is no vast conspiracy against an indie game developer who helped develop a crazy fun mech game. The dude was a bigot and got outed for being a bigot. It would have dropped there if not for the sudden number of people rushing in to defend him against the very things he himself admitted he said.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i know not where the hateful bigot brigade comes from, only that they are here

e- and should be banned

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
jim varney av guy has let me down

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i mean real talk, if you're actively digging for reasons why the apology isn't real, it's kind of fair to assume you're not exactly doing this in good faith

the fact that a ton of YCS offsite posters got extremely mad, red and nude online is... most likely only tangentially related to gauss, because like i said in the #MeToo thread, this happens every single time an offsite or insular group of posters gets called out. they find it, and then they flood into the thread and start making GBS threads everywhere.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

i know not where the hateful bigot brigade comes from, only that they are here

e- and should be banned

Probably stopped posting when they cracked down on bigotry and hate, and got brave.I guess we'll see what happens.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

A Curvy Goonette posted:

If gauss is a piece of poo poo then I do hope his career is over, spending the rest of his days posting inane garbage about how it isn't his fault. I don't know him personally, all I can go by is the content of his character that he decided to show the world. He made that choice. He is replaceable.
You can take every single poo poo head bigot gently caress and remove them from everything and the world would continue to move right on along, maybe the people that replace them won't be assholes.

Every shithead can and will be replaced, it's why they are all suddenly getting extra spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KakerMix posted:

If gauss is a piece of poo poo then I do hope his career is over, spending the rest of his days posting inane garbage about how it isn't his fault. I don't know him personally, all I can go by is the content of his character that he decided to show the world. He made that choice. He is replaceable.
You can take every single poo poo head bigot gently caress and remove them from everything and the world would continue to move right on along, maybe the people that replace them won't be assholes.

Every shithead can and will be replaced, it's why they are all suddenly getting extra spicy.

excellent, hoping people's livelihoods are forever destroyed for disingenuous posts they apologized for