Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

That, would either take someone at Sprint to say, or someone to hazard a test. I would not know myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Sprint as an independent entity is officially dead today. Sprint stock is no longer trading, all Sprint shareholders should receive TMUS shares in exchange. Sprint customers will have unlimited roaming access to the T-Mobile network for the time being while they begin transitioning people off the Sprint network.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Radar posted:

Sprint as an independent entity is officially dead today. Sprint stock is no longer trading, all Sprint shareholders should receive TMUS shares in exchange. Sprint customers will have unlimited roaming access to the T-Mobile network for the time being while they begin transitioning people off the Sprint network.

About time. RIP.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
What's it gonna do for MVNOs? I asked Tello a while ago and they were just like.. dunno.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
For now T-Mobile will continue to honor their existing contracts. The real question is what happens when those contracts come up for renewal. It's also a bit of an open question about how they will handle transitioning customers of MVNOs from the Sprint to T-Mobile networks as they shut down the Sprint network since that would require backend changes on the MVNO side in addition to the Sprint/T-Mobile side.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Well, my $13 a month awesome phone plan will continue for a little while at least.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It means you'll be paying more, ultimately. Just not today.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Get y'all some $5 amazon gift cards in your sprint rewards app while they're there.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Cage posted:

Get y'all some $5 amazon gift cards in your sprint rewards app while they're there.

Yoink! Thanks dude for the heads up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nice. And I didn't have to refresh the app 17 times, either!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Got it aw yiss

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

wish i had known about that last night when I was ordering wifey some earrings.
oh well, $5 off xbox headphones it is

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Amazon money is good anytime. I do hope all the Sprint perks stick around. Also anyone else noticing your phones roaming a lot more since the T-Mobile roaming agreement went into effect like at the start of Quarantine stuff?

I'll be in a area I usually have ok Sprint coverage, but I guess because I'm closer to a T-Mobile tower, I'm on it instead.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
Any chance we can still upgrade our SWAC plan or nah?

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

What do you mean about upgrade? Like go from The $30 to $40 SWAC plan?

That shouldn't have changed. You can still add the "Premium" addon from your account.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

With this merger will t mobile start using sprint's network right away? I was on sprint for a long time but switched to t mobile back at the beginning of the year after getting tired of terrible customer service. Everything's been fine with it except that at work with t mobile I can't get a data connection inside no problem with the sprint network before. I had a galaxy s10 with sprint and have a galaxy s10 with t mobile not the same phone.
I'm off work for now until god knows when but it might be nice to use the phone indoors when I get back.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Thumposaurus posted:

With this merger will t mobile start using sprint's network right away? I was on sprint for a long time but switched to t mobile back at the beginning of the year after getting tired of terrible customer service. Everything's been fine with it except that at work with t mobile I can't get a data connection inside no problem with the sprint network before. I had a galaxy s10 with sprint and have a galaxy s10 with t mobile not the same phone.
I'm off work for now until god knows when but it might be nice to use the phone indoors when I get back.

Good chance your phone Roams over to Sprint towers if the signal is better but you won't know for sure until you get to try it.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

EdEddnEddy posted:

What do you mean about upgrade? Like go from The $30 to $40 SWAC plan?

That shouldn't have changed. You can still add the "Premium" addon from your account.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. If I have two lines on there but want to upgrade for Amazon, is it even worth it?

Also, how I'm the world do I do it on the app if I can?

thisdude23 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 13, 2020

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Got an email from Sprint saying rates will stay the same for at least the next 3 years.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/nationwide5g.html

Galaxy S20 5G users will get access to T-Mobile 5G through a software update soon.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
$3 for panera in the app.

I got a $5 credit on my next bill since its my anniversary. :toot:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

https://www.phonedog.com/2020/05/14/t-mobile-retire-sprint-brand-unify-retail-stores-mid-summer

Looks like it's over for this thread soon. See y'all on T-Mobile.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Here's hoping my SWAC lasts for a long.....ahahah can't even keep a straight face.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Medullah posted:

Here's hoping my SWAC lasts for a long.....ahahah can't even keep a straight face.

Surely our corporate overlords wouldn't provide poorer service at a higher price after eliminating the competition.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

corgski posted:

Surely our corporate overlords wouldn't provide poorer service at a higher price after eliminating the competition.

They said they wouldn't!!!!!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

They said they wouldn't!!!!!

Ah, well that settles it then. Merger approved!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I’m gonna keep the thread open until the day Sprint is officially retired (just for the hell of it) and then yeah, we’ll retire the thread.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

corgski posted:

IIRC, part of the matter deal was no price hikes for 3 years. I’m guessing SWAC or something like it hangs on at least (and likely not one second past) that long.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

GoatSeeGuy posted:

IIRC, part of the matter deal was no price hikes for 3 years. I’m guessing SWAC or something like it hangs on at least (and likely not one second past) that long.

They paid my Prime for another year, so that’s still going LOL

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Y'all can download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app now.

Starbucks Rewards Members: 50 Stars for Free to redeem for Starbucks Hot Brewed Coffee, Hot Tea or Bakery Item (Starbucks Rewards Membership Required)
T-Mobile Belt Bag Free
3-Months Postmates Unlimited Free Deliveries when you Spend $12 or More for Free
6-Months My+Telemedicine Membership for Free
$0.25/Gallon of Gas at Shell w/ Fuel Rewards (Up to 20 Gallons) for Free

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Just got myself an absolutely fabulous fanny pack. Thanks for the heads up!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'll miss the Sprint Rewards app. Loved the free $5 amazon credits and Fandango rentals

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Apparently SWAC and Kickstart can do the free unlimited line on us now if you go through the website. Click the blue banner that says as much after logging in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

astral posted:

Apparently SWAC and Kickstart can do the free unlimited line on us now if you go through the website. Click the blue banner that says as much after logging in.

Yep, I got an email on it. I wish I could do a tablet with data instead of a second line.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yep just got that e-mail and got mine as well. Activated the old Essential Phone as it has just been on WiFi as my 360Cam platform and now well, will sit with an extra number I guess for now.

Luckily as it looks like its Free "Forever", will be a cool backup line for any sort of extra device as I upgrade over time, or if I can finally convince the Wife to drop her dumb ATT plan with her family that shares data.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Are there any gotchas to the free line? I feel like I'll add on the line and then I'll get charged or lose my SWAC or something.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

LorneReams posted:

Are there any gotchas to the free line? I feel like I'll add on the line and then I'll get charged or lose my SWAC or something.

You pay taxes and fees. You can't change any of your other lines/plans for a year. No phone leases on it.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

astral posted:

You pay taxes and fees. You can't change any of your other lines/plans for a year. No phone leases on it.

I thought about it for a second but it's just easier to use Google Voice for an alternate phone number.

Until Google goes full on Skynet in 2022 the year the AI starts wiping out humanity. Then I'll just switch to using two different Ham radios.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Do they list the bring-your-own requirements?
Does it need to be a sprint phone or can it be a T-Mobile phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

otter posted:

Do they list the bring-your-own requirements?
Does it need to be a sprint phone or can it be a T-Mobile phone?

If I hit details on the offer the exact wording is:

quote:

Free after $35/mo. credit. Video streams up to 480p, music up to 500 Kbps, gaming up to 2 Mbps. During congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Unlimited data on our network. Reqs new line and eligible BYOD or Full SRP phone. Account, plan, or device changes may end monthly credit. Other mo. charges apply.**

They do not list the byod requirements. If you try to open the line the FAQ says to check if the device is eligible you have to put in the IMEI on their checker tool.