Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

I bet Doc is totally the kind of music dork who would look down on you for having a "best of" record on your phone.

I don't know, dude's got a lot of weird opinions. Keep in mind, this is a guy who loves ketchup-based cocktails and wears a turtleneck dickie. I could see him thinking that listening to the Best Of is a shortcut to enjoying a concentrated dose of a band. Then feeling smugly superior for his terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tatsuta Age posted:

Didn't they have a joke about the police album synchronicity or am I missing shows in my head

I think it was showdown at cremation creek. At the end, 21 and 24 were talking about wanting to get albums signed and then one of them talks about getting Changes signed and the other says it was a best of album.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I think it was showdown at cremation creek. At the end, 21 and 24 were talking about wanting to get albums signed and then one of them talks about getting Changes signed and the other says it was a best of album.

Thank you for this. I could not figure it out with Googling and Frinkiac and Morbotron have made searching for lines in episodes just too easy

Venture Industries needs a similar thing

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Surprising music fact from the book: That "Ding-a ding-a round one" song that ends the penultimate episode of Season 6, Party at Tarzan's, is a canned studio track and not a real song they dug up which you'd somehow never heard

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Daikloktos posted:

Surprising music fact from the book: That "Ding-a ding-a round one" song that ends the penultimate episode of Season 6, Party at Tarzan's, is a canned studio track and not a real song they dug up which you'd somehow never heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSkkP0hoqU

yeah, a company that makes music specifically meant to be licensed out for shows, movies. fun song.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

feedmyleg posted:

I could see him thinking that listening to the Best Of is a shortcut to enjoying a concentrated dose of a band. Then feeling smugly superior for his terrible idea.

I couldn't see him extolling the virtues of a "Best Of" album for prog-rock bands, if only that "listen to the whole album in one sitting is the only way to enjoy it"-smugness is a greater, and worse, form of smug. Half the listening pleasure is the journey, man!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Makes sense. It's criminal to listen to any song from Dark Side of the Moon without listening to the whole album in sequence. I mean, can you imagine?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

I don't know, dude's got a lot of weird opinions. Keep in mind, this is a guy who loves ketchup-based cocktails and wears a turtleneck dickie. I could see him thinking that listening to the Best Of is a shortcut to enjoying a concentrated dose of a band. Then feeling smugly superior for his terrible idea.

I read this thinking I was in the scotus thread discussing Clarence Thomas and this all totally tracks

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

What are you supposed to call it? at-sat?

The other!

I'd rather be dead than say "at-at." I've been saying "AyTee-AyTee" my whole loving life.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Makes sense. It's criminal to listen to any song from Dark Side of the Moon without listening to the whole album in sequence. I mean, can you imagine?

I usually skip money, I like the song but not on that album

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

I usually skip money, I like the song but not on that album

You won't get away with this! Guards!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sash! posted:

The other!

I'd rather be dead than say "at-at." I've been saying "AyTee-AyTee" my whole loving life.

:hmmyes:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sash! posted:

The other!

Ok good. I've always hated people who say "at at" because it makes no sense when there is one that isn't able to be pronounced.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
AT2. :smug:

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Thread's starting to read like a 21/24 conversation again

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I bought my membership years ago and use adblockers so in theory I'm actually costing Lotax money by using the forum. I'm morally obligated to keep reading..

I think..

Also that "Rodney Killed a baby" bit reminded of that one episode of Scooby doo where the baby WAS a werewolf, man that creeped me out as a kid.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'd be down to join one to discuss animated television shows

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

LITTLE CORN NIBLETS

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

Sure

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fartington Butts posted:

LITTLE CORN NIBLETS

nice

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Venture Brothers outlasted Something Awful

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah I'll take an invite.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'll take an invite, if that's okay.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

An invite sounds good.

TigerBomb
Sep 25, 2007
Yes please to an invite

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

An invite sounds good.

Your PMs aren't open! You need to either open them or give me your discord ID so I can friend you and add you from there.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'd appreciate an invite. I'm hoping it intersects with another community, because it's going to be hell keeping track of them all.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Could I grab an invite too?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Your PMs aren't open! You need to either open them or give me your discord ID so I can friend you and add you from there.

Oops, sorry. Don't have PMs. Here's my ID. Thrillhouse#4671

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I’ll take an invite

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I'll take an invite, my PMs ought to be open.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Invite would be nice, not sure if I'm already at this one. Can't keep track of all the discords.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm down, not gonna give lowtax money for PMs tho. patrock#3088.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is it listed on the collection of goon discords?

The fragmentation is making me sad, though. :(
I'm not a big enough "animated TV" fan to join a discord for it, I just liked checking in on the VB thread and a couple others while I'm making the rounds of threads that vaguely interest me from all different topics and subforums. :(

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Phenotype posted:

I'm not a big enough "animated TV" fan to join a discord for it, I just liked checking in on the VB thread and a couple others while I'm making the rounds of threads that vaguely interest me from all different topics and subforums. :(

Yeah that's what sucks the most if this place truly dies. My bookmarks are like 1-3 threads from a bunch of subforums. It's such a broad community where you could jump in and out of discussion with experts/passionate people from, like, anything.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Phenotype posted:

https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

That seems to be the big hub everyone is using to find the communities till this gets resolved (Lowtax; get out).

This was a great thread and it will be a shame to see it and other niche threads go.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Looks like we can stay put!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe. Depends if lowtax actually goes through with it.