Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably asked this before and forgotten but, is there an easy guide to getting and patching the Android version anywhere?
Like for someone who's literally never done anything with their phone/tablet other than download stuff from the play store.
Yeah I followed that (https://scarletstudy.gq/irismobile/) guide and it was easy as pie. Then i discovered the game actually ran badly on my phone so I followed their other guide on setting the game up on bluestacks and that was also really easy and I much prefer it on the big screen anyway.

the real hard part is buying the game, which will involve purchasing japanese play store gift cards from somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheers!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/1281778556222099457?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope they do well in future endeavors and I feel slightly guilty at how much more excited this makes me for AA7.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/_sendo_k/status/1283090003359195137?s=20

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Someone replied to that thread with this:

https://twitter.com/daedalus1134/status/1283187985840615424?s=21

It feels so much like something that would happen in AA, too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can practically hear Cornered playing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

something something dark age of the law

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is that still valid now? My search skills are failing me and I can’t confirm if they resumed longer trials after April or not.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I don't think we've heard a whole lot of news from the legal sphere since Phoenix Wright's disbarment, but, uh, prosecutor Simon Blackquill has just been arrested on suspicion of murder

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

fractalairduct posted:

I don't think we've heard a whole lot of news from the legal sphere since Phoenix Wright's disbarment, but, uh, prosecutor Simon Blackquill has just been arrested on suspicion of murder

I bet that little girl did it, good thing that fraud Phoenix Wright isn't around anymore because otherwise she'd totally get off scot-free.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
From what I've heard, Blackquill is one of those weird loner types who is super into anime. I can totally believe he snapped.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't trust anyone who brings his doctor Black Jack cosplay to the courtroom.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

What in the hell was he doing at the space center in the first place?!?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

What in the hell was he doing at the space center in the first place?!?

I heard that there’s been some otherworldly things going on over there lately.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Well, i did the dumb thing. I was suddenly very, very hungry for some ace attorney, and i ended up playing the two translated cases of dgs 2 in desperation.

They were really good! Ace Attorney is so good!! Now the wait for the rest is even harder!!!

Although the two cases actually form a neat sort of prologue together. They don't go into any of the Big Plot of 2 at all, and the thread they leave you hanging on is barely any different from the non-ending of dgs 1. So if you, like me, are very desperate for some courtroom goodness, i might actually recommend checking em out if you've already got 1 under your belt.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
I wonder what's happening with the series. I figured that trilogy HD collection was them testing the waters for putting the series on regular consoles and PC but since then, nothing. Don't even know what Shu is doing either.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I keep hoping beyond hope the delay means they’re taking an extra long time on a new AA while officially translating AAI 2 and DGS 1&2 at the same time.

Also: Happy Unnecessary Feelings Day!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

that seems like such a pipe dream when they haven't even shown signs of putting out a 4-6 trilogy

i second that wondering. it seemed like the HD trilogy release did very well for them, so what's up?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think literally all we know is that Something is in development. My guess is that maybe they spent some time making a new engine so they can make the 3D games on consoles and PC?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wasn't aware we even knew that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to hope that they're just waiting on the new consoles to launch HD Trilogy 2, and then follow up with a new title in 2022.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

in some interview at some point in like 2017 they said an ace attorney game for switch was in development. for all we know that could've been cancelled multiple times over now for how long the radio silence has been.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Amppelix posted:

in some interview at some point in like 2017 they said an ace attorney game for switch was in development. for all we know that could've been cancelled multiple times over now for how long the radio silence has been.

I feel like at least one cancellation, yeah. They finished Great Ace Attorney 2 a few months after the Switch launch in August 2017, then the HD collection went up on everything in April 2019. I feel like whatever they were doing got pushed back (maybe retooling a bit, outright canning whatever they had, changing the scope, etc) and the decision to make AA a multiplat franchise happened alongside that somewhere in the back half of 2018. At the pace these games usually come out, I think *something* should pop up by April 2021 and we'll get a better idea of what the future of the franchise is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Capcom got hacked. Hackers asked for like 11 million and capcom was like lolno, so lotta stuff is out there. For AA its minorish, but here's the next product:
a japanese physical collection on ps4 nd switch for aa trilogy and gaa 1+2. Could be exciting if the latter makes it to the west.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rip ever seeing the kenji games re-released

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MorningMoon posted:

Capcom got hacked. Hackers asked for like 11 million and capcom was like lolno, so lotta stuff is out there. For AA its minorish, but here's the next product:
a japanese physical collection on ps4 nd switch for aa trilogy and gaa 1+2. Could be exciting if the latter makes it to the west.
Isn't the popular theory on why the Great Ace Attorney games didn't get localized that they have Holmes in them and thus are a lawsuit waiting to happen?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is that true? Holmes is almost all public domain. And even the parts that aren't could probably be circumvented by changing the names of a few characters.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The estate is currently suing people on the grounds that Holmes having a personality is only in the parts still under copyright and given those last few works expire over the next few years I don't blame anyone from being a little extra careful before going hogge wilde

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The doyle estate is apparently being extremely predatory about holding on to any shreds of holmes that aren't public domain yet, so even if it turns out they had nothing particular like that in the games, just the possibility of them trying to act up about it is definitely another factor weighing in against the decision to try to bring them over.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The leaked slides mention that the physical release is Japan-only, but there will be a digital bundle, and that in the overseas version Sherlock Holmes is replaced by Herlock Sholmes.
https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1328281538442653696

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 16, 2020

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh my god, that rules. I love it, and I can't wait.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

Oh my god, that rules. I love it, and I can't wait.
:same:

If it's actually getting a localization, I'm super psyched. I'd just heard that the Doyle estate was being super trigger-happy about shooting down Holmes depictions, which I figured made an official localization unlikely.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If that's true hopefully the UK version leaves it as it is since afaik it's just the US that's causing issues.

At least come up with a pun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

stev posted:

If that's true hopefully the UK version leaves it as it is since afaik it's just the US that's causing issues.
I thought it was the other way around where the UK is where a good chunk of Sherlock Holmes still has weird copyright problems.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Regardless, I'm sure they'd just go with a one-size-fits-all solution where at least the English version is the same everywhere. And calling them Herlock Sholmes, Grobias Tegson etc. will work just fine IMO, assuming that's enough to avoid legal trouble.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I loving love Herlock Sholmes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Do you think the fan translation for dgs2 is on the rocks now