Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Angry Lobster posted:

I know it's old as dirt, but I've started watching Dragon Ball Z Abridged by Team 4 Stars, it's freaking fantastic.
it's something I watched like...the first dozen or so episodes of way back when, and then just never picked up again despite hearing again and again and again how good it is. I really should just hunker down and watch the whole thing one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

NikkolasKing posted:

3. Related to 2 is Kagome's character. I am not a girl but I know many teen girls who really identified with her and felt she was portrayed incredibly believably. And who gets derided more than teenage girls? Not fanservice bait and not a badass, she was still every bit the main character that Inuyasha was. Yet her character focused more on love and growing up and similarly mundane things. I noticed it years ago that, in spite of it being Inuyasha who is constantly abrasive and crude and, ya know, cheating on Kagome, it was Kagome who received the vast majority of ire online. Because she's a girl and does girl things and that's icky. She was the sweetest, most understanding girlfriend you could ever wish for and she was attached to an insensitive blockhead but nobody said a word about the blockhead and just attacked her. To hear some talk you'd think Kagome spent the entire show screaming and complaining.

I know this is an old post, but I have to get this off my chest.

One thing I hate about anime fandoms in general is the idea of best girl and worst girl.

The worst thing about Inuyasha is the fact that because of the dumb love triangle, there has to be an idea that one girl is nearly perfect, and whatever flaws she has are extremely minor, while the other girl is apparently the worst human being in the history of mankind, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I know it's 4chan, but whenever there's an Inuyasha thread up there, a lot of it consists of people singing endless praise to Kikyou and how terrible of a person Kagome is. It's loving stupid

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Captain Invictus posted:

it's something I watched like...the first dozen or so episodes of way back when, and then just never picked up again despite hearing again and again and again how good it is. I really should just hunker down and watch the whole thing one day.

The first 10 or so episodes are the worst ones, too. I just tell people to start with the Nappa fight.

And with all things made a decade ago, it is a product of the times. (I'm compelled to say that about old poo poo I like more and more lately, and that's a good thing. :allears: )

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

AlternateNu posted:

The first 10 or so episodes are the worst ones, too. I just tell people to start with the Nappa fight.

And with all things made a decade ago, it is a product of the times. (I'm compelled to say that about old poo poo I like more and more lately, and that's a good thing. :allears: )

Agreed, it gets good when Nappa shows up, what a fantastic character. Also the VA for Vegeta is incredibly good.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Angry Lobster posted:

Agreed, it gets good when Nappa shows up, what a fantastic character. Also the VA for Vegeta is incredibly good.

It's been so long since I watched the actual series, whenever I think about DBZ characters in my head the voices I hear are mostly actually the Abridged versions. They really nail it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

breaking vtuber news, yozora mel is back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ugtIV1fhM0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's me on the right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/hickeybickeyboo/status/1275530912067919882?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if santa was saber....

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

did you even make it to the first christmas event in fgo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hashire sori yo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
kaze no you ni ♫

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Tsukimihara wo~

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
her favorite manga is absolutely jahy-sama

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cuntellectual posted:

Tsukimihara wo~

PADORU PADORUUUU!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

everyone's probably seen this but if you haven't lowtax apparently beats his girlfriend

that's all resume posting anime.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Cuntellectual posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

everyone's probably seen this but if you haven't lowtax apparently beats his girlfriend

that's all resume posting anime.

Echoing the games thread here, but is there a cool adtrw discord people hang out in?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No not really

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Snail, you do things, make one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats right i'm the doer of things

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:thunk:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

CubeTheory posted:

Echoing the games thread here, but is there a cool adtrw discord people hang out in?

there's

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Finally, the snailcord

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

stair was exiled due to too much weedposting

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Finally, the snailcord

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Finally, the snailcord
everyone has been "wheres snail wheres snail"
i'm right here, ive always been right here

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if you're already in a gacha discord you're probably in an adtrw discord

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I'd like to get into the snailzone and stay up to date on cool anime stuff.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry, the snail zone just has me, my 3d printer, and the discord bot I wrote that plays all 6 songs from don't hug me I'm scared on an endless loop in voice chat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's probably as good as that series will ever look without AI upscaling, eh?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

No, because AI will eventually reach a point where you merely need to poorly explain Azumanga Daioh and it will redraw the entire series from scratch.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd rather vomit into an airplane toilet at terminal velocity than watch an anime run through ai upscaling

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Oh Snapple! posted:

if you're already in a gacha discord you're probably in an adtrw discord

and vice versa

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i'd rather vomit into an airplane toilet at terminal velocity than watch an anime run through ai upscaling

I thought that's what you're watching though. It looks scaled up in a weird way where the lines stayed extra crisp but other stuff got fuzzy.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

sorry, the snail zone just has me, my 3d printer, and the discord bot I wrote that plays all 6 songs from don't hug me I'm scared on an endless loop in voice chat

what does the discord bot print

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
rip agronox