Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

been a while since someone had a meltdown about me

you dont even have the balls to denounce lowtax's wifebeating lest you lose your precious buttons lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

you're in a channel that no longer exists

Ah.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Necrothatcher posted:

maybe

you sound proud of it though

nice projection.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Could also just be discord being poo poo, give it a little bit and try it again

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

glitchkrieg posted:

I'd be genuinely gutted if this site goes because then I'd lose trad games and do you know how difficult it can be talking toy soldiers without expecting everybody else to be alt-right fashy dickheads

you'll be labelled one in this community eventually anyway. the gatekeeping is truly insane.

sorry, am i allowed to say "insane" itt?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What a loving meltdown, lol

sorry you've had *checks notes* 13 loving bans in your time here, maybe waste your money on something more productive

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
If only there were some way to say "I said some dumb poo poo back in the day and I'm sorry about that, I'm gonna try to be a better person going forward"

:iiam:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jose Mengelez posted:

you'll be labelled one in this community eventually anyway. the gatekeeping is truly insane.

sorry, am i allowed to say "insane" itt?

you seem like an incredible moron, is my opinion

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mehall posted:

What a loving meltdown, lol

sorry you've had *checks notes* 13 loving bans in your time here, maybe waste your money on something more productive

90% of those bans are for trolling chuds in gbs!!!

that's literally gods work. get a loving grip.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1275753420285251584?s=20

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

"I'm only an insufferable arsehole SOME of the time your honour!"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jose Mengelez posted:

calling people slurs is praxis, got it

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Lunar Suite posted:

If only there were some way to say "I said some dumb poo poo back in the day and I'm sorry about that, I'm gonna try to be a better person going forward"

:iiam:

i literally wasn't given the chance. this is some judge dredd summary execution poo poo. i've educated myself a lot on in the last year or so and been part of some incredibly progressive communities. goons never change, you're still complete absolutists.

i've grown more in the past year than any dipshit blue star on this garbage website has in the last decade.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mfcrocker posted:

calling people slurs is praxis, got it

so it's ok to punch a nazi but not to hurt his feelings by slinging his own rhetoric back at him?

is that what you're saying?

e: to clarify BOTH are good in my book.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose Mengelez posted:

i literally wasn't given the chance. this is some judge dredd summary execution poo poo. i've educated myself a lot on in the last year or so and been part of some incredibly progressive communities. goons never change, you're still complete absolutists.

i've grown more in the past year than any dipshit blue star on this garbage website has in the last decade.

It is good you've educated yourself but you're mad at Jose because years ago you got banned for using ableist slurs. Using them against lovely people doesn't make it acceptable. Which seems like you're maybe missing the point?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jose Mengelez posted:

Which is why you're still melting down over it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The analogy would be flailing your arms around all over the place to hit not only the nazi but everyone else nearby.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jose Mengelez posted:

Alright so trying to take this in good faith, the problem is you've been posting poo poo like this

Jose Mengelez posted:

your boy jose has banned me like 50 times for calling chuds r-slurs in 2016 lmao. thank christ this website is going down the toilet where it belongs.

which completely undermines any idea that you've grown. You clearly think that was unjust, but it wasn't, and you're rightfully getting poo poo for it.

e:

Jose Mengelez posted:

so it's ok to punch a nazi but not to hurt his feelings by slinging his own rhetoric back at him?

Punching a nazi only hurts the nazi (and maybe your hand)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

It's not the Nazi who is getting their feelings hurt, it's the person with learning disabilities who is getting caught in the crossfire. Nobody gives a gently caress about if you're hurting a Nazis feelings, come on.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose Mengelez posted:

What about the most recent one on your rapsheet. The one I handed out. That was not for trolling chuds.

Honestly, but using slurs against nazis is not the same. You are still using the same pejorative words that marginalise people and probably will not have the same effect.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mfcrocker posted:

Alright so trying to take this in good faith, the problem is you've been posting poo poo like this

which completely undermines any idea that you've grown. You clearly think that was unjust, but it wasn't, and you're rightfully getting poo poo for it.

yeah in 2016 it was 100% justified to call out and proud trump supporters imbeciles, cretins or r-slurs. have you been paying attention to the state of the world atm?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Jose Mengelez posted:

goons never change, you're still complete absolutists.

go somewhere else then

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jose Mengelez posted:

yeah in 2016 it was 100% justified to call out and proud trump supporters imbeciles, cretins or r-slurs. have you been paying attention to the state of the world atm?

When you use those words you hurt other people who are not the people you're slinging them at, you loving arsehole.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

VideoGames posted:

What about the most recent one on your rapsheet. The one I handed out. That was not for trolling chuds.

Honestly, but using slurs against nazis is not the same. You are still using the same pejorative words that marginalise people and probably will not have the same effect.

which words? what the gently caress?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

Why do you think it was acceptable then and not acceptable now?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

forkboy84 posted:

Why do you think it was acceptable then and not acceptable now?

because society and forums culture changes over time?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
So it turns out that when the Housing Secretary did Tory donor Richard Desmond a favour and approved planning permission, he saved him around £150m, rather than the £50m that was originally reported, and meant that he didn't have to use as much affordable housing.

I mean, if I was a cabinet minister and was going to save someone £150m by being corrupt as gently caress, I'd probably ask for more than a £12k donation to my party. Which is why the police should be looking into this right now.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the fact you people still use "meltdown" to shout down anyone expressing actual feelings is robotic as gently caress. were you not sickened and angry in 2016?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

the fact you people still use "meltdown" to shout down anyone expressing actual feelings is robotic as gently caress. were you not sickened and angry in 2016?

gently caress off already

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

VideoGames posted:

i was getting monstered for image leeching from kiwifarms because i didnt want to download the "axemaniac human toilet" image to my hard drive. i was incredibly frustrated at how dumb games posters (and their mod, you) were being. i was literally trying to calm people down after the ion maiden dev drama by joking about how the duke nukem community can be insanely weird and toxic and i got called a transphobe for my trouble.

at that point i had literally no idea "sperg" a term we'd been using on these forums forever could possible harm someone. i know people with aspergers who refer to themselves as "aspies" and "spergs" even today.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Jose Mengelez posted:

Sir this is a McDonald's drive-through

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
getting mad at "i hope they find a cure for aspergers" is like getting mad at the existence of cochlear implants because it threatens "deaf identity". how is wishing people would overcome a neurological limitation ableist? seriously, educate me on this. nobody else will, nobody else would bat an eyelid.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose Mengelez posted:

i was getting monstered for image leeching from kiwifarms because i didnt want to download the "axemaniac human toilet" image to my hard drive. i was incredibly frustrated at how dumb games posters (and their mod, you) were being. i was literally trying to calm people down after the ion maiden dev drama by joking about how the duke nukem community can be insanely weird and toxic and i got called a transphobe for my trouble.

at that point i had literally no idea "sperg" a term we'd been using on these forums forever could possible harm someone. i know people with aspergers who refer to themselves as "aspies" and "spergs" even today.

That was not what you were hit for at all.

It was this. You feigned ignorance then like you are now. Nothing in that thread was to do with you trolling chuds, you blew up in the thread because of that.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Ferrosol posted:

Sir this is a McDonald's drive-through

see i prefer that one, it has a little nuance. kinda played out at this point though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

dammit, QuarantineQT is my cam name, stop ruining my side income, hashtags

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

VideoGames posted:

That was not what you were hit for at all.

It was this. You feigned ignorance then like you are now. Nothing in that thread was to do with you trolling chuds, you blew up in the thread because of that.

you loving idiot, the spawn is "monster_tarbaby" in the editor which i'd just had my head in for hours, you're tilting at windmills. if that's a racial slur it's esoteric as gently caress and its sandy peterson making it not me.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you think after ten years of posting on these forums i suddenly decided to become a sneaky racist while discussing sandy petersons overuse of a monster in the final episode of quake?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Seriously did someone rename the ukmt to "relitigate mod decisions from 4 years ago here" and it just hasn't propagated on my end or what's going on

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jose Mengelez posted:

kinda played out at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

because society and forums culture changes over time?

My memory is bad but I'm pretty sure the r-word was generally looked down upon as a pretty lovely, ableist thing to say for the best part of a decade, bare minimum.