Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
As someone who had stopped modding because of low effort/shitposting being too prevalent, I think mafia is in a way better place than it was years ago. I had fun modding my last few games.

It's about how the mod mods it, with what amount of effort they put in, what players they allow in the game, etc. Read the room.

There's definitely a place for both high effort/more complex mafia flavor games and shitposty/more relaxed mafia games to co-exist. The issue of players being "bad" is very relative though. I consider myself to have a good gut but the last game I played I think I was wrong on literally everybody I suspected or didn't suspect, so being mad about others players being wrong is a bit harsh unless they're willfully ignoring everything you say and trashing you for it or something, but just being wrong is literally part of mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

As someone who had stopped modding because of low effort/shitposting being too prevalent, I think mafia is in a way better place than it was years ago. I had fun modding my last few games.

It's about how the mod mods it, with what amount of effort they put in, what players they allow in the game, etc. Read the room.

There's definitely a place for both high effort/more complex mafia flavor games and shitposty/more relaxed mafia games to co-exist. The issue of players being "bad" is very relative though. I consider myself to have a good gut but the last game I played I think I was wrong on literally everybody I suspected or didn't suspect, so being mad about others players being wrong is a bit harsh unless they're willfully ignoring everything you say and trashing you for it or something, but just being wrong is literally part of mafia.

hey man

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mafia is in a better place since I stopped playing.

read as "because"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I still wanna try to put up Room 19 once Survivor is finished, but coming up with lateral thinking puzzles that can't just be Googled is really hard. I might have to reduce the number of puzzles I need.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sup my guy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amoeba102 posted:

Mafia is in a better place since I stopped playing.

read as "because"

Make plainsville 3 :argh:

Then the witches curse will finally be lifted and I can die

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Now I can never run it, I couldn't let you die.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'm back from my vacation anyone running any cool games I can nail scum day 1 in again? (4 game hot streak!)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'll have a game up in the next week

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

i'll have a game up in the next week

yessssss

Death Pizza Anidav
Jun 8, 2020

T..too hot...

:emptyquote:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
anyone remember/miss raccoon game??

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey welcome to SA Mafia

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hey welcome to SA Mafia

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

George Kansas posted:

anyone remember/miss raccoon game??

Raccoon game was such a cool experiment, and if it could be redone in a way that isn't crushingly labor-intensive for the mod(s) I'd love to see it happen again!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am almost done figuring out the setup for my Bob's Burgers 17 player game, so that'll be soon-ish

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I could run Calvinball again.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
What does one have to do to run a GBS game?

Also I'm in a dark place and thinking about running a GBS game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Token Female posted:

We require evidence of 2 weeks of councilling.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Token Female posted:

I PMed Genesplicer and calmly explained how mafia works over a series of 30 PMs so that he wouldn’t put me on probation for racketeering or something.

Now he constantly sends me PMs with the title line of “ok google”

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

I could run Calvinball again.

:swoon:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mr. Humalong posted:

I PMed Genesplicer and calmly explained how mafia works over a series of 30 PMs so that he wouldn’t put me on probation for racketeering or something.

Now he constantly sends me PMs with the title line of “ok google”

lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we doin' this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We might need another place to call each other idiots soon

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Aaand now I've joined the Discord, cool. I'd still like to have the chance to play with somewhat familiar faces later on.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There's a discord?

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

ilmucche posted:

There's a discord?

Ya

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
There's a discord?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, there's a discord, it's in the OP.

It's quite active and basically took over the chat thread this used to be.

Would highly recommend joining.

It's definitely a chill place rather than a call each other idiots place though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I meant a new place to play mafia.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Mr. Humalong posted:

I meant a new place to play mafia.

Gokufanforum.com

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m banned from there after I said vegeta is stronger

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If this moves offsite I'm registering wherever it is as merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's been a fun ride over the last 10+ years playing with you all. Catch me on discord if you want to stay connected. Goodbye.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
waht’s discorb?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you join the Discord please say hi and let us know who you are so you can get access to all the channels no one cares about!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah so what's the plan here now that Lowtax is cancelled? If SA trades hands then great but otherwise is it going to be discord based now?

I'm sad about SA why are people so terrible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah so what's the plan here now that Lowtax is cancelled? If SA trades hands then great but otherwise is it going to be discord based now?

I'm sad about SA why are people so terrible.

We're on discord atm and waiting to see what shakes out. I'd recommend being in the discord if you wanna play with the same players in the future as I'm sure it'll get talked about in there where to go

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

failing that, if you get separated, hold votefinder's hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

We're on discord atm and waiting to see what shakes out. I'd recommend being in the discord if you wanna play with the same players in the future as I'm sure it'll get talked about in there where to go

Yeah, I don't want to speak for everyone but the general plan right now seems to be let's see if anything actually comes of this in terms of change in leadership of this site, and if it appears that the answer is going to be no, then we'll find an alternative.

In the meantime people are working on votefinder-esque bots for discord to see if we can run games successfully on there and also the discord is just a cool place to hang out, so I do recommend people join it regardless.