Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I'm trying to be good and you are asking for it. :)
being good is overrated anyway. for example, I only gave my dog a 40 minute walk, two treats, skritches, two giant bowls of dog food, and endless love but I'm using my hands to type stuff on the internet instead of petting her rn

pure evil in her doggo mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Mentioned Bootcha in comments, got a reply:

Does anyone know about Bootcha's mental issues? I am worried about him now.

Ah yes, brought to you by DAAAH GAAAIIIIMEEZZ! " U just salty cuz dei didn't du the projekt ur way and didn't get paid lololo"

Also from the youtube comments :

quote:

I paid 50$ for the game back in 2014 now I can’t even remember my log in info

EDIT NUMEROS DOS: My good ol friend "CLEARLY!!!"

quote:

So clearly someone rushed this video without putting any effort or attempted to do any research. Makes this channel no different than any “journalism” out there looking for money.

Sample_text fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 24, 2020

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Mentioned Bootcha in comments, got a reply:

Does anyone know about Bootcha's mental issues? I am worried about him now.

He’s a hockey fan, I hear.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Love Pledge is hard, man.

OH SHI-

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
But seriously, I don't think anyone should be surprised you can't explain Star Citizen in a 10 minute video.

I don't think it can be unpacked even in a feature length documentary.

My rear end ain't going to Cannes anytime soon with this.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bootcha posted:

But seriously, I don't think anyone should be surprised you can't explain Star Citizen in a 10 minute video.

Not with that kind of attitude you're not!

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Bootcha posted:

To be fair, nobody's rear end is going to Cannes anytime soon. Long form digital documentaries are going to be ALL the rage, you just wait and see.

I believe in you Bootcha only slightly less than I believe Crobberts is the Chosen One sent to save all of PC Gaming.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Need a Ken Burns 10 part documentary covering this mess.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Popete posted:

Need a Ken Burns 10 part documentary covering this mess.

Our Procedural Planet
narrated by David Attenborough

"The Crobear is one of the strangest creatures found in nature. While most animals live in a sort of balanced harmony with its environment, the Crobear makes its living in environments it is not suited to, by resorting to trickery, deception, and fraud.

Here we see the Crobear approaching a mentally weaker creature. By waving his paws furiously, the Crobear confuses his prey. He gives the Crobear his own food to eat, leaving himself with none. The Crobear continues in this way, preying on weak-minded creatures and building himself quite a store of food indeed, while leaving the other animals struggling to survive.

Even more oddly, the Crobear injects those he has stolen from with a parasite, much like the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus seen among carpenter ants, which not only prevents his prey from fighting back, but turns them into a loyal protector, bringing him their own stores of food over and over again without the need for the Crobear to expend further efforts.

In this way, the Crobear finds itself in a rather unique position in the animal kingdom indeed. Where most, if not all, participants in the circle of life over time arrive at a balance with their environment, the Crobear only feeds on its surroundings, providing nothing in return. The same can be said for its mate; for while the Crobear is mostly monogamous, its mating cycle is limited to alternating periods of several years with and without its mate. During the years the mate is active, it shares in the Crobear's gains. Little is known of the female Crobear's activities during the off cycle, and no footage of the female Crobear has ever reached mainstream view.

We continue after these messages with the fascinating glimpse into one of nature's most peculiar, yet ultimately useless citizens, the Crobear."

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 24, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Mirificus posted:

quote:

Simple really.

Have a chatroom full of people with similar thought on a topic, agree to take a thread as an opportunity to troll and attack a game they regard as common "enemy".

Post comments there all at the same time and upvote the fellow commenters posts while downvoting those of the regulars.

Why didn't you bastards tell me about the secret troll strategy chatroom??!?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dooguk posted:

Unskippable cutscenes I hope. Along with unskippable ads for the made up crap they try to hawk. Then S0E2 has a "previously in SQ69" that takes up most of the episode because they ran out of money.

If you try to skip a Chris Roberts cutscene, you don't deserve his genius. :colbert:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

tag urself im the fat guy in jeans with the sideways belt buckle

Kurzgesagt videos have gotten weird...

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Our Procedural Planet

"The Crobear is one of the strangest creatures found in nature. While most animals live in a sort of balanced harmony with its environment, the Crobear makes its living in environments it is not suited to, by resorting to trickery, deception, and fraud.

Here we see the Crobear approaching a mentally weaker creature. By waving his paws furiously, the Crobear confuses his prey. He gives the Crobear his own food to eat, leaving himself with none. The Crobear continues in this way, preying on weak-minded creatures and building himself quite a store of food indeed, while leaving the other animals struggling to survive.

Even more oddly, the Crobear injects those he has stolen from with a parasite, much like the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus seen among carpenter ants, which not only prevents his prey from fighting back, but turns them into a loyal protector, bringing him their own stores of food over and over again without the need for the Crobear to expend further efforts.

In this way, the Crobear finds itself in a rather unique position in the animal kingdom indeed. Where most, if not all, participants in the circle of life over time arrive at a balance with their environment, the Crobear only feeds on its surroundings, providing nothing in return. The same can be said for its mate; for while the Crobear is mostly monogamous, its mating cycle is limited to alternating periods of several years with and without its mate. During the years the mate is active, it shares in the Crobear's gains. Little is known of the female Crobear's activities during the off cycle, and no footage of the female Crobear has ever reached mainstream view.

We continue after these messages with the fascinating glimpse into one of nature's most peculiar, yet ultimately useless citizens, the Crobear."

:five:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Bootcha posted:

It defies any sort of short and neat explanation, there are just too many layers upon layers of lies from CIG and the backer’s own self-deceptions to unpack. Usually I can only manage to say that there is a group of gamers who spend thousands on digital spaceships in a wildly unfinished early access game that is 6 years late with no release date.

Then I just tell them to go watch Sunk Cost Galaxy.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 24, 2020

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

Our Procedural Planet

Do space bunny assassin next!

TheBombPhilosopher
Jan 6, 2020
So which video will we get next? The SQ54 video or the next Bootcha SGC video? Place yer bets!

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

Scruffpuff posted:

Our Procedural Planet

Honest to god read the whole thing in his voice.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So, in case the forums die. It's been nice posting with you all over the years.

And SC reddit wins the long game. They survived longer than us.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

So, in case the forums die. It's been nice posting with you all over the years.

And SC reddit wins the long game. They survived longer than us.

Always remember, it's the poo poo post we made along the way that counts.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

being good is overrated anyway. for example, I only gave my dog a 40 minute walk, two treats, skritches, two giant bowls of dog food, and endless love but I'm using my hands to type stuff on the internet instead of petting her rn

pure evil in her doggo mind

Post the doggo pix you taxxe dodger!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the real Star Citizen was the friends we made along the way

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Welp. Star Citizen is going to outlast SA.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
See y'all in the refunds subreddit I guess. 😓

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
What's happening to SA?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

What's happening to SA?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's getting moved to concern

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:yikes:

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Welp.

Been nice knowing ya.

P.S: Stop beating women ya dinguses.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Also, in case it isn't obvious, by way of internet judgement, you all lost all your credibility the moment the founder of these forums got outed as a wife beater.
That's how it works.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sample_text posted:

Welp.

Been nice knowing ya.

P.S: Stop beating women ya dinguses.

You say, posting a gif of a manly iceberg beating our The Titanic! The nerve!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I need to know before SA dies forever. Is the game out yet?

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Paladinus posted:

I need to know before SA dies forever. Is the game out yet?

Can confirm, it came out and I'm playing it now. It's good

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
If there is anything from the threads you guys want to keep you should probably go copy it now, like right now.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

kilus aof posted:

If there is anything from the threads you guys want to keep you should probably go copy it now, like right now.

Also a good time to delete your post history while you still can

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
No this cannot be lost forever - this thread (and all the previous iterations of.it) has been a constant in basically a whole decade at this point. It won't be easy to let it go

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Shitizens won, so what?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Mike the TV posted:

Also a good time to delete your post history while you still can

Wait, you can do that?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M