Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kingturnip posted:

So it turns out that when the Housing Secretary did Tory donor Richard Desmond a favour and approved planning permission, he saved him around £150m, rather than the £50m that was originally reported, and meant that he didn't have to use as much affordable housing.

I mean, if I was a cabinet minister and was going to save someone £150m by being corrupt as gently caress, I'd probably ask for more than a £12k donation to my party. Which is why the police should be looking into this right now.

This is why I think the tories are happy to deliver watered down labour policies rather than loose and stay true to their right wing beliefs, day 1 of another government and a fair number of people are facing serious corruption prosecutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

who the gently caress is jose mengelez

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose from the mirror universe

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Angepain posted:

Seriously did someone rename the ukmt to "relitigate mod decisions from 4 years ago here" and it just hasn't propagated on my end or what's going on

i just got booted from the discord for ancient poo poo. that's why.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Jose mengelez' prolapsed anus

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Why hasn't the pandemic suddenly ended then, hmmmmm?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

forkboy84 posted:

My memory is bad but I'm pretty sure the r-word was generally looked down upon as a pretty lovely, ableist thing to say for the best part of a decade, bare minimum.

so i deserve to be cancelled for saying "nazis are r-words" is that the kind of gatekeeping we do here?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kingturnip posted:

So it turns out that when the Housing Secretary did Tory donor Richard Desmond a favour and approved planning permission, he saved him around £150m, rather than the £50m that was originally reported, and meant that he didn't have to use as much affordable housing.

I mean, if I was a cabinet minister and was going to save someone £150m by being corrupt as gently caress, I'd probably ask for more than a £12k donation to my party. Which is why the police should be looking into this right now.

The Tories are a notoriously cheap lay, when it gets right down to it. It's only really the ones in the Great Offices who can command the high prices for access.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
this guy is going full speed for ban #14, huh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose Mengelez posted:

so i deserve to be cancelled for saying "nazis are r-words" is that the kind of gatekeeping we do here?

I think people are more objecting to the constant relitigation of the issue.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Julio Cruz posted:

this guy is going full speed for ban #14, huh

jesus christ, what have i said now that's banworthy?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose Mengelez posted:

you think after ten years of posting on these forums i suddenly decided to become a sneaky racist while discussing sandy petersons overuse of a monster in the final episode of quake?

Literally it is a racist phrase and your blow up at other people, and generally nasty attitude, is why I believed you feigned ignorance back then with a sort of 'I am not touching you' clause with which you could say 'But it is in the game!'

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose Mengelez posted:

No, you deserved to be banned back then and then loving get over it for fucksake. 4 years ago. Move on. It's unhealthy.

Thinking this is you being cancelled is absolutely hilarious though.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

I think people are more objecting to the constant relitigation of the issue.

i'd happily discuss this literally anywhere else. suggestions? also where is dr.tumnus, that's who my greivance is with.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Asda carpark. Now.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

VideoGames posted:

Literally it is a racist phrase and your blow up at other people, and generally nasty attitude, is why I believed you feigned ignorance back then with a sort of 'I am not touching you' clause with which you could say 'But it is in the game!'

so why would i decide to suddenly become racist after getting ban after ban after ban for being mean to legit racists? does that make a lick of sense to you?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

forkboy84 posted:

No, you deserved to be banned back then and then loving get over it for fucksake. 4 years ago. Move on. It's unhealthy.

Thinking this is you being cancelled is absolutely hilarious though.

you know you're allowed to rereg here right?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Pull up thread, pull up.

Does anybody remember jerk chicken Pot Noodles.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Have you considered that irrespective of your historic use of ableist slurs and subsequent bans, that we might not want such a loving bore on our discord server?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

you know you're allowed to rereg here right?

Yes, I am aware. I don't think reregistering means you have to keep griping about something that happened 4 years ago & you, with hindsight, can clearly see you were in the wrong to use that slur though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Apologies everyone, this is offtopic and I will no longer post about it here.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Firos posted:

Have you considered that irrespective of your historic use of ableist slurs and subsequent bans, that we might not want such a loving bore on our discord server?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Firos posted:

have you considered i'm being "a bore" now because you're slinging poo poo at me for no reason?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

i'd happily discuss this literally anywhere else. suggestions? also where is dr.tumnus, that's who my greivance is with.

He specifically said he'd reviewed it with the mod team of the discord.
I'm part of that team.

You're a boring disingenuous arsehole who whilst being generally on the right side of history have chosen to fix yourself at one point in time of that history, and would cause nothing but trouble on the discord, and as if I needed any proof of that, you're here posting twice as much as any other poster in dull attention seeking ways looking to grind an axe over something that's been decided.

Move the gently caress on.

E; sorry VG, was writing this post when you said you were gonna stop

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, I am aware. I don't think reregistering means you have to keep griping about something that happened 4 years ago & you, with hindsight, can clearly see you were in the wrong to use that slur though.

i'm griping about something that happened 30 minutes ago ffs, in the discord.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

E: missed VG's post.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mehall posted:

He specifically said he'd reviewed it with the mod team of the discord.
I'm part of that team.

You're a boring disingenuous arsehole who whilst being generally on the right side of history have chosen to fix yourself at one point in time of that history, and would cause nothing but trouble on the discord, and as if I needed any proof of that, you're here posting twice as much as any other poster in dull attention seeking ways looking to grind an axe over something that's been decided.

Move the gently caress on.

E; sorry VG, was writing this post when you said you were gonna stop

bruv have you seen your posts itt, pot kettle hypocrite.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

i'm griping about something that happened 30 minutes ago ffs, in the discord.

Jose Mengelez posted:

your boy jose has banned me like 50 times for calling chuds r-slurs in 2016 lmao. thank christ this website is going down the toilet where it belongs.

Definitely sounds like you're over it.

Anyway, I have no loving idea why this conversation has gone on for 2+ pages. Did anyone watch PMQs? On a scale of Forensic to Extremely Forensic how Forensic was Keir today?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Definitely sounds like you're over it.

Anyway, I have no loving idea why this conversation has gone on for 2+ pages. Did anyone watch PMQs? On a scale of Forensic to Extremely Forensic how Forensic was Keir today?

He did a bit at the end saying "no more witnesses, the defence rests" so as you can imagine shitlib twitter is cumming their pants.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Firos posted:

He did a bit at the end saying "no more witnesses, the defence rests" so as you can imagine shitlib twitter is cumming their pants.

But he was a prosecutor? Logical inconsistency, Boris wins

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jose Mengelez posted:

bruv have you seen your posts itt, pot kettle hypocrite.

Jesus Christ gently caress off. You’re obviously not wanted here, on Discord or anywhere else in this community. Take the loving hint and stop making GBS threads up this thread.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

But he was a prosecutor? Logical inconsistency, Boris wins

My mistake I think it was "I rest my case" or something.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The Discord server wants me to make an account or something, gently caress that.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It's totally possible to migrate over to a new forum. NeoGaf had a similar thing a few years ago where the owner turned out to be a sexcriminal, so a bunch of them started Resetera, and the whole thing pretty much carried on as normal, with the added benefit that most of the chuds stayed behind out of rapist loyalty.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Discord server wants me to make an account or something, gently caress that.

Do you mean a Discord account?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you're monstering me for having the honesty to not have registered a new account. notice that the first half of my rapsheet are bans from mods who were shamefully demodded for being insanely fascist power tripping dickheads and the second half is semantic bullshit, trolling chuds and getting legit frustrated at being unfairly called a racist.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1275749058469134341

gently caress this nerd.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I do feel a bit lame for still having a clear rap sheet after eight years. Quick, someone probate me with a screed about how they, a mod who will eventually be kicked out in disgrace, is incredibly Mad and Unable To Handle this insubordinate forum member's witty and incisive satire of their foibles, maybe then i will still have internet street cred in the after times

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would that he had stayed a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Gonzo McFee posted:

gently caress this nerd.