Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Colostomy Bag posted:

Blame it on me.

Today marks my 25th anniversary of being married. :toot:

Holy poo poo. Congrats on being found to be long-term tolerable by another human being!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Colostomy Bag posted:

Blame it on me.

Today marks my 25th anniversary of being married. :toot:

Can we name Colostomy Bag best poster itt

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Gort posted:

Wait, you can do that?

I guess you can just edit all your posts to nothing. You can probably make a script to make it easier. But that won't work on closed threads.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

a bit opportunistic and awkward but in case something does happen to SA, and since this is my post posted-on thread by a long mile, if anything does happen and you want other forums to go to, i have a relatively small forum called knockout. it only has about ~10k registered users but yall are cool and i'd welcome you all there.

that said, the real idris was the shitposts we made along the way. godspeed, commandos.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

tuo posted:

It's getting moved to concern

:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inacio posted:

a bit opportunistic and awkward but in case something does happen to SA, and since this is my post posted-on thread by a long mile, if anything does happen and you want other forums to go to, i have a relatively small forum called knockout. it only has about ~10k registered users but yall are cool and i'd welcome you all there.

that said, the real idris was the shitposts we made along the way. godspeed, commandos.

Maybe let some mods know in case. Never know if it may come in handy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Gort posted:

Holy poo poo. Congrats on being found to be long-term tolerable by another human being!

Thanks. Hasn't been easy all the time on both of us I can tell you that. Weirdest thing is how REALLY well you get to know each other. Last night/this morning we were reminiscing of things and important or funny/good events. Unfortunately this virus of a game was in the back of my head and I was silently thinking, drat, taught kids how to drive, kids graduated high school, about to graduate college. What a dumpster fire of a project.

RattiRatto posted:

Can we name Colostomy Bag best poster itt

Your drat right I'm the best poster.

And if the ship goes down, thank you all for providing me entertainment.

Reminds me when pud pulled the plug on fuckedcompany. There is no recovery.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Inacio posted:

10K is nothing to sneeze at.

How many versions of a TOS do you have?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Not gonna lie space dudes, I am really unsettled at the moment, I might bail but I suck at serious poo poo so I just dunno what to think at the moment

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

man has got a point. Tolkein took over 15 years to write Lord of the Rings.
I never realised what a savant Chris Roberts is.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Noo, I paid money to lurk here and enjoy the trainwreck that is Star Citizen. You can't just take my main supply of schadenfreude away.

I'm a long-term SA lurker. I never pledged but I have been following the project with an odd fascination since the kickstarter days. I have a soft spot for doomsday cults that look forward to specific dates for the rapture/jesus patch and then have to rationalize when nothing is ever delivered. shoutout to ggangensis as I'm also checking in on the German Citizens on gamestar.de every once in a while.

So uh, buy an Idris, is what I'm saying I guess

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Page 890, guys. You know what this means.

Buy an Idris.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Maybe let some mods know in case. Never know if it may come in handy.

i don't know how/if i should do this :(

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Jim DiGriz posted:

Page 890, guys. You know what this means.

Buy an Idris.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

It's a steal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inacio posted:

i don't know how/if i should do this :(

Just find a mod and message them :shrug:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I cannot go away, I am still waiting on the following:

1- sunk cost galaxy new episode
2- the amd letter
3 - the latest hello dump which had been delayed by agent because he married (please don't do like lowtax)
4- the resurgence of the dancing cat videos and the editing of the .ini files
5- the identity of the tickler in black
6- MoMa comeback
7- Jesus patch
8- another meltdown by brasson
9- seraph last words
10- Sandi return with the latest best marketing strategy
11- someone to reach the top tier of the referral pyramid scheme project
12- next very successful citizencon
13- real numbers of the tracker exposed
14- revolt in spectrum
15- next bear picture iterations
16- discover the amount of money syphoned from this project into Chris & co bank account
17- the next book on the stimpire
18- the collapse of cig under the inevitable consequences of piracy
19- death of the universe (BBDAwhatever)
20- death of the universe (actual one)

If everyone could pick one and post finding iit before this shut down I would be glad thanks and have a safe journey to your next adventure

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

being good is overrated anyway. for example, I only gave my dog a 40 minute walk, two treats, skritches, two giant bowls of dog food, and endless love but I'm using my hands to type stuff on the internet instead of petting her rn

pure evil in her doggo mind

As I work from home, my dogs often get between hand-to-mouse connection with their needy heads and they always get loving. :)

A good doggo knows how to get all the love when they need it! <3

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Wow what the actual gently caress... :(

[That was about the forums, not your post Titanic]

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Not gonna lie space dudes, I am really unsettled at the moment, I might bail but I suck at serious poo poo so I just dunno what to think at the moment

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

In the worst case scenario that these forums get shut down, all citizens are welcome to hangout in here while we figure things out: https://discord.gg/ZQ9tyk

(for a modest fee of $999,99, citizenship is earned)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

(if any of you do join my poo poo forums please do make a star citizen funposting thread)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

on the upside, with the final blocker (SA and its filthy fud brigaders) out of the way, Star Citizen should be done any day now.

Also, as far as offsites go, there's a billion and one springing up as people anticipate the (final) death of the forums, so y'all just be careful about which ones you join or whatever. Not saying anyone here has bad intentions, just that as people sprint to spin up offsites sometimes security can get a little lax. This is less of a problem with discord, obvs. Speaking of, it got posted once around the time Derek got the boot but I do run a relatively quiet discord for Star Citizen dorks and MWO dorks (lotta crossover there) that folks are welcome at. I'll post a link if anyone's interested in having yet another discord to join lol.

e: also I still pal around with some of the mods/ex-mods so if I hear anything official I'll let you know

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 24, 2020

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

In the worst case scenario that these forums get shut down, all citizens are welcome to hangout in here while we figure things out: https://discord.gg/ZQ9tyk

(for a modest fee of $999,99, citizenship is earned)

I have also just setup a simple clone, so that people can post in a familiar looking place if they want. No 10 dollar reg fee atm, or even email verification, but I reserve the right to ban right wing assholes at will (if anyone signs up besides bots).

https://awfulforums.com

HorseBodyInspector
Dec 14, 2018
I dont know how serius it is, but if by chance SA really dies, i want to thank you all for your posts.

Especially bootcha for sunk cost galaxy and ( I think ) gorf for his SQ 42 videos.

edit: and cat/major tom for best dancing video on youtube

HorseBodyInspector fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 24, 2020

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Inacio posted:

(if any of you do join my poo poo forums please do make a star citizen funposting thread)

Bruh/bruhdette where my link at?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

UnknownTarget posted:

Bruh/bruhdette where my link at?

it's https://knockout.chat/, i really feel bad about posting the link/talking about it a ton of times like some shady salesman :(

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

on the upside, with the final blocker (SA and its filthy fud brigaders) out of the way, Star Citizen should be done any day now.

Also, as far as offsites go, there's a billion and one springing up as people anticipate the (final) death of the forums, so y'all just be careful about which ones you join or whatever. Not saying anyone here has bad intentions, just that as people sprint to spin up offsites sometimes security can get a little lax. This is less of a problem with discord, obvs. Speaking of, it got posted once around the time Derek got the boot but I do run a relatively quiet discord for Star Citizen dorks and MWO dorks (lotta crossover there) that folks are welcome at. I'll post a link if anyone's interested in having yet another discord to join lol.

e: also I still pal around with some of the mods/ex-mods so if I hear anything official I'll let you know

definitely put up the link

I am still lost and don't know where to go from here

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I joined Knockout and might not be posting here anymore depending on how things shake out

I'm also on Beet's discord thang

after being here for almost 20 years letting this place die (rightfully so, it looks like) feels very odd

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Beet Wagon posted:

Add the Discord link Beet, we need a future forever home.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Aight here it is: https://discord.gg/Nw59stN

It's real quiet so just make yourselves at home. I'll make a spaceship chat channel for us. If I don't recognize your discord name I might quietly ask you to let me know who you are (apologies in advance).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh god I can’t lose this thread.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
been a pleasure posting with you gentlemen and gentleships

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

I didn't start posting here because of Lowtax and I'm not going to walk away because of Lowtax. I don't think he's responsible for the parts of the community that I really like, and the fact that a lovely dude benefits indirectly from our continued use of this site is frustrating but still not nearly as bad as Reddit or Facebook or a dozen other megacorp-owned content aggregators that we all continue to use even as we decry them.

So I won't walk away but I also won't be putting any money towards the site- and if it does die, I'll hopefully see you guys wherever we all end up. (Try the discord first)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

TheAgent posted:

I joined Knockout and might not be posting here anymore depending on how things shake out

I'm also on Beet's discord thang

after being here for almost 20 years letting this place die (rightfully so, it looks like) feels very odd

Not gonna lie, Star Citizen outlasting SA is kind of a hilarious timeline but I would hate losing this thread.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

For what it's worth I kind of doubt this will really be the death of SA. SA has imploded a million times before and because subforums and even threads are mostly little self-contained units (and honestly the forums themselves are pretty isolated from Lowtax for the most part) a lot of folks will probably just keep posting without even realizing what's going on. It would take somebody in a position of power hitting the "gently caress it" button and deleting the forums for this to really kill SA (which admittedly is a possibility, however slight).

That said I'm sure quite a few of our favorite posters aren't going to want to post here any more and I can't really blame them because uhhhhhhh :yikes:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Imagine postponing the squadron video for some polish stuff, and then having the star wars squadrons trialer drop

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This part of the forums has been the most fun place in it for me so, in case SA actually dies, thanks everyone for the good times and laughs and you all stay healthy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

That said I'm sure quite a few of our favorite posters aren't going to want to post here any more and I can't really blame them because uhhhhhhh :yikes:

We had actual right wingers posting up a storm back in the day; Very anti-minority was the old SA. The reaction has been amazing to behold, but it's still a community made up of people.

I'm going to wait and see. Sometimes couples get a bit public with their laundry.