Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Tashilicious posted:

For everyone asking for Bread and Roses invites;

BreadnRoses.net is the site

if you can afford it, I would ask to please consider purchasing the account. We can send out invites, but right now that's twice as much work to get people without PMs, in random threads.

If you HAVE already registered with a paid account; we let you through, paypal was being wonky and not letting auth happen

For those who got a previous invite and are being asked to register; give us a bit to manually auth it.

If you have PMs, and are in discord/IRL with another good who wants in but doesn't, PM me with their info/username/be a gobetween for the invite codes maybe.

If you have PMs and cannot afford the :10bux: PM me. This might take a bit.
We are uh

We got a whole lot of registrations

Tashilicious posted:

We got a hundred regs, sixty percent of them paid. In the past six hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'd also appreciate a Good CSPAM Discord and BnR invite via PM if they're being offered.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

just_a_person posted:

I thought we could watch and laugh together as America speedruns covid19, but no way will I support an abuser. I am hoping to see you all over at B&R. Is there a cspam-like forum over there cuz that's all I am here on in SA. The truMP!, cool zone, and covid threads are my morning routine.

yes! its called the cool zone.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

King of Solomon posted:

I'd also appreciate a Good CSPAM Discord and BnR invite via PM if they're being offered.

just go to breadnroses.net and register an account.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

we're up to around 80 some paid

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

how awful is the coding for B&R

this is vital to my potential enjoyment of the website

also they have a CSPAM correct

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Just paid bread and roses, I assume I'll have to wait a bit for auth, bet they're swamped rn. I'd appreciate a PM for any off-site or discord thing if some are going around. Guess I'll have to figure out how to actually use the thing.

It sucks this might be the end of it all because Lowtax is loving dick, I've been lurking since forever, and these dead forums are where I keep up with things and maybe the last bastion of somewhat intelligent and somewhat sane people on the internet.

Edit: sick, it's working. Somewhere new to never post!

Zohn fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 24, 2020

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

how awful is the coding for B&R

this is vital to my potential enjoyment of the website

also they have a CSPAM correct

it has functioning search, a mini-twitter-style profile posts thing, THEMES, everything you could want

and yes there's a cspam

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Zohn posted:

Just paid bread and roses, I assume I'll have to wait a bit for auth, bet they're swamped rn. I'd appreciate a PM for any off-site or discord thing if some are going around. Guess I'll have to figure out how to actually use the thing.

It sucks this might be the end of it all because Lowtax is loving dick, I've been lurking since forever, and these dead forums are where I keep up with things and maybe the last bastion of somewhat intelligent and somewhat sane people on the internet.

if you're blue scream you're set to go, if not tell me the name you signed up as

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

loving hell. I'll come to an offsite if it becomes necessary, but if I'm being honest with myself I'm probably gonna be the one turning off the lights here.

SHM, before we go I just wanted to say you were always a dumbass. That I even recognize your username. In a sea of dumb poo poo where I almost never bothered to learn recognize individual turds, your brown shone the brightest.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
looking forward to inflicting my dumb posting on BnR!

gently caress lowtax

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

loving hell. I'll come to an offsite if it becomes necessary, but if I'm being honest with myself I'm probably gonna be the one turning off the lights here.

you have always been one of the stupidest motherfuckers on this hellsite

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Sharkie posted:

looking forward to inflicting my dumb posting on BnR!

gently caress lowtax

SHARKIE

WHATS YOUR USERNAME ON BNR

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

you were dumb as hell, but so am I and in the event this site gets shuttered I hope we meet again to be dumb more

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos
sharkie pls tell me your bnr account name so i can make sure you get authed asap

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Thanks C-SPAM, you've taught me a lot. not much posting from me, but a lot of lurking.
maybe that'll change on BnR?? you already got my 10$ tho.

gently caress you, lowtax.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

just signed up for b&r i dont really post alot but maybe i will there.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos
sharkie is dracula real

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

SHARKIE

WHATS YOUR USERNAME ON BNR

i don't have one yet! it'll probably be a few days until i'm able to buy one

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Tei posted:

nooooooooooooo!

someone make sure tei finds our new home whatever that is, he is too pure to be left behind

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sharkie is dracula real

unfortunately, we will never know for sure, due to horrible dnd mods silencing the discussion

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

some thoughts

1) as far as we are aware, Logan Day is currently safe

2) as far as I know, the person claiming to be her on KF is a fake

3) we’re looking into various options to try and resolve the situation in a way that maintains the forums without them answering to a man who abuses his spouses

4) if 3 fails, there is broad agreement among the mods that there is no going back to normal and we’re probably looking at a mass exodus

there may be formal announcements to this effect but that’s what I will tell you as of this moment.

thanks for the headsup

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sharkie posted:

unfortunately, we will never know for sure, due to horrible dnd mods silencing the discussion

MODS KNEW

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Migrating to leftland is cool and all but part of the magic of this place is it was basically a rabbit hole for a lot of folks. You'd apolitically j4g and 2 years later you're getting in slapfights with trots over praxis.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
more than anything else, the biggest loss to me if SA goes down is that it was the last place i had without the three-character minimum on usernames

Weeks
Jan 5, 2018

I would love a link to the official(?) c-spam discord, if such a thing exists. Already regged on bnr.

just_a_person
Mar 13, 2019
Also just signed and paid registration as just_a_person. Looking forward to continuing to share stories about how hosed my wife's hospital is due to covid19.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I see people linking GDN a lot and well:

https://pastebin.com/Hz7rPxiJ

I have zero trust going to a server with GDN active.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Does BnR have actual general chat/interest forums? If this truly is the end and it's an attempt to fill that gap I imagine PI/AI/Serious Hardware goons would appreciate a place to go. There's tons of people that never leave their forum of interest who will be left out to dry :(

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

it was partly because the taxman was in insane medical debt and people felt like he deserved some help what with giving us this loving dumb rear end place with nazi mods and p-p-p-powerbooks and five golden manbabies goonsire and then whoops we stopped being able to pretend he wasn't a piece of poo poo

He was handed a golden oportunity for getting his life together, not because people were particularly fond of him, but because people really care about this place.

And

He

hosed

It

Up.

At one point he was making 12k a month .
Not because of his lovely videos.
But because of the love people had for this, their home on the web.

I mean you gotta laugh
Then throw him in the loving dumpster.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Sharkie posted:

i don't have one yet! it'll probably be a few days until i'm able to buy one

just register an account and post the name in here and i, forums poster QueenOfTheEvening, wil get you in so we can debate the realness of dracula

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Justin Tyme posted:

Does BnR have actual general chat/interest forums? If this truly is the end and it's an attempt to fill that gap I imagine PI/AI/Serious Hardware goons would appreciate a place to go. There's tons of people that never leave their forum of interest who will be left out to dry :(

yes! theres one subset of forums thats Serious Talk and then theres the fun cool gently caress around forums, with the general interest ones like here plus the cspam type politics forum that exists alongside the serious politics one

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!

if you're blue scream you're set to go, if not tell me the name you signed up as

I am Blue Scream, thanks for setting it up. This has been my first and last post in CSPAM. I hate Donald Tormp

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

so i just registered an account there and as near as i can tell it's divided into two broad sections. one is more serious leftist thought and discussion , and the other is broader general discussion and cspam equivalent poo poo posting

for other discussion there's a general chill forum, video games, traditional games, cooking, media, computers, sports, queer topics, and a furry forum (i read the title of the furry one and assumed it was the pet island equivalent at first until checking again just now)

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I see people linking GDN a lot and well:

https://pastebin.com/Hz7rPxiJ

I have zero trust going to a server with GDN active.

Yeah just wait a while as Sheng-Ji organises stuff and I'm sure we can get you into the discord

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

it has functioning search, a mini-twitter-style profile posts thing, THEMES, everything you could want

and yes there's a cspam

for some reason i cant find if it says how many unread posts there are in a thread

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I may be a stupid motherfucker but anyone who thinks that discord is a viable alternative is automatically stupider than me and I will die on this hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

For sure