Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I may be a stupid motherfucker but anyone who thinks that discord is a viable alternative is automatically stupider than me and I will die on this hill.

it's not an alternative, just something to keep in contact and maybe coordinate a new place

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

tHE r H i z z o n E

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Sojenus posted:

and a furry forum (i read the title of the furry one and assumed it was the pet island equivalent at first until checking again just now)

six months from today, three furries are arrested for blowing up a federal building

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Signed up for Bread and Roses as Imbars Bidbib and payed my :10bux:, let me know if anything else is needed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Also I dislike discord

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

baw posted:

for some reason i cant find if it says how many unread posts there are in a thread

it does not

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I may be a stupid motherfucker but anyone who thinks that discord is a viable alternative is automatically stupider than me and I will die on this hill.

yeah discord really fuckin powerful sucks imo

it has its uses for realtime chat for gaming and poo poo but it doesn't take the place of a message board

i am a 38yo boomer

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Also I dislike discord

this cannot be emphasized enough

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

dex_sda posted:

it's not an alternative, just something to keep in contact and maybe coordinate a new place

discord is neat but also dont try to have a politics discord bc it turns out real time arguments escalate a million times faster than posting ones and discord's options for user managemetn suck FARTS

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

we've been getting a TON of sign ups today, i think we're up to 75 or 80 in the last couple hours, now's the time to get in on the ground floor of this triangle shaped investment opportunity

:toot: I signed up! Same username.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

but it does take us to our last read post right

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

gently caress Lowtax, gently caress Biden, gently caress Trump, and gently caress every other abuser. CSPAM has kept me sane in the age of Trump. Thanks for the memories.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

yeah hopefully this happens

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

baw posted:

but it does take us to our last read post right

correct! on mobile sometimes theres weird issues with stuff loading in that bump you further up the page but its nothing that hasnt happened here on the app

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

A Lowtax-free SA would be the ideal outcome, for sure.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I would also like a discord invite, please. The rest of SA is whatever but I like CSPAM very much

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

correct! on mobile sometimes theres weird issues with stuff loading in that bump you further up the page but its nothing that hasnt happened here on the app

:hmmyes:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

how coy do i have to be if im so mad at a famous person that i hope something bad happens to them on this new site?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yes this is the course of action but in case lowtax goes full pissbaby and pulls the cord it's good to at least know of a couple places to go

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Call Your Grandma posted:

how coy do i have to be if im so mad at a famous person that i hope something bad happens to them on this new site?

no death threats, no bodily harm wishing, none of that poo poo. dont say things like i hope senator gary dingleberry from bumfuck kentucky gets shot with a hellfire missile, as an example

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wamsutta posted:

yeah discord really fuckin powerful sucks imo

it has its uses for realtime chat for gaming and poo poo but it doesn't take the place of a message board

i am a 38yo boomer
discord isn't a substitute for a forum. "i just want to grill and post for god's sake"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

discord and twitter cannot replace a good honest red bloodedforum

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
well now I have to archive a bunch of stuff. thanks lowtax, you utter piece of poo poo

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I'd love a BnR invite, totally willing to pay the cover.

If the forums are passed on to the community I'll stick around, but I think it's time to hedge bets.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

no death threats, no bodily harm wishing, none of that poo poo. dont say things like i hope senator gary dingleberry from bumfuck kentucky gets shot with a hellfire missile, as an example

but how can we be revolutionaries then

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Riatsala posted:

I'd love a BnR invite, totally willing to pay the cover.

If the forums are passed on to the community I'll stick around, but I think it's time to hedge bets.

just go to breadnroses.net!

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

WatermelonGun posted:

but how can we be revolutionaries then

breadnroses.net home of cool leftists online is not the place to organize the revolution

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
BnR invite would be appreciated.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

strive for kindness

lowtax is an abuser

stop paying for things on the forums for now. check if you donate to his patreon, and stop if you do

party on dudes

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

just wanna say, lowtax sucks poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

discord and twitter cannot replace a good honest red bloodedforum

i want to post, not chat. there's a difference dammit

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

thechosenone posted:

BnR invite would be appreciated.

just go to breadnroses.net and sign up!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

breadnroses.net home of cool leftists online is not the place to organize the revolution

good luck with that lol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

strive for kindness

lowtax is an abuser

stop paying for things on the forums for now. check if you donate to his patreon, and stop if you do

party on dudes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DszfPwRKtuo&t=69s

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Squizzle posted:

strive for kindness

lowtax is an abuser

party on dudes

his Patreon is down to 879 people from 946 earlier this morning :frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

i say swears online posted:

i want to post, not chat. there's a difference dammit

zoomers do not appreciate the feel of posting and it has made them weak